What Is Your Favorite Chip?

Never heard of Utz before... :coffee:
The Utz Story begins in a small town kitchen in 1921. William and Salie Utz began producing Hanover Home Brand Potato Chips in Hanover, PA, in their summer kitchen, cooking about 50 pounds of chips an hour. They sold those fresh chips to small local grocers and markets, primarily in the Baltimore, MD, area.

The Utz Story begins in a small town kitchen in 1921. William and Salie Utz began producing Hanover Home Brand Potato Chips in Hanover, PA, in their summer kitchen, cooking about 50 pounds of chips an hour. They sold those fresh chips to small local grocers and markets, primarily in the Baltimore, MD, area.
I still have no idea if it's pronounced "Ooooooooh-tz" or "Uhhh-tz". Best mass produced chip I've had.

In HS and through some of college I work at Stop and Shop the Utz guy would correct those who mess up lol.

~Dee~

They’re use to deliver Chips to your house like the milkman and bread trucks...I may have just dated myself

~Dee~

Ever hear of Charlie chips?

~Dee~
WAFSIM_300x.jpg

I think my favorite store-bought chips may be the little chip shaped things in Gardetto's, but specifically in the old Chicago-style Pizza flavor ones. If those count.

I miss Tater Skins, which were one of those rare occasions when Keebler did something right.

My favorite overall are the skins-on ones we make in the garlic/mustard/pesto infused oil and dust with celery salt.

I'm pretty much addicted to Poppables, which are crunchy, airy and just a fun shape to pop in your pie-hole.

If you haven't tried them yet, then you don't know what you're missing.

Yeah I've always pronounced it as the latter.
In my head I always hear a dance club. UTZ UTZ UTZ

Cape Cod 40% less fat
UTZ dark russett
and you can't buy them anymore that I know of but Royal Feast. When you were done there would be a puddle of oil on the bottom of the bag.
During my high school years we would go the Granite State Potato Chip factory in Salem and you could fill a bucket for 5 bucks. There was a chute where potato chips would just slide out and you could fill it yourself.

Back