What team can beat the Patriots?

Thumper

Charger Power
Reaction score
Website
www.bolttalk.net
I'm curious what everyone here thinks.

You guys have had an amazing season, and I'd be shocked if you don't beat the Giants in the Super Bowl.

So saying you do, I don't see any reason why your steak doesn't continue next season. But, that's where my question come in. Every streak comes to an end. Even if you went perfect the next ten seasons in a row, there's always a next season.

So if you had to take a guess on which team the Patriots next loss would come from, who would you chose? I'm asking in a seriousness. Of all the teams in the NFL, which team has the best shot to earn the first W against the Pats in a long time?

Any one of them could. We don't know the exact schedule yet, so it is harder to predict.

So many things can happen between now and then too.

Tough to say until actual schedule and training camp is completed. This is the least of opponents for the '08 season.

Home

Miami
Buffalo
NY Jets
Denver
Kansas City
Arizona
St. Louis
Pittsburgh

Away

Miami
Buffalo
NY Jets
Oakland
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
Indy

Whoever the second West coast team of the back to back West coast trip that Goodell drops on us.

As fans we are focused on the Giants.

The Giants are the next game on the schedule, one game at a time.. they are a great team, they don't make mistakes.. Pats need to execute. Everyone needs to do his job.

They might lose one game next year but looking at the schedule right now I don't see it. One thing I know for sure is that they will win their 5th SB with no trouble.

The one that scores more points? :shrug:

Thumper on 01-22-2008 at 12:12 PM said:
I'm curious what everyone here thinks.

You guys have had an amazing season, and I'd be shocked if you don't beat the Giants in the Super Bowl.

So saying you do, I don't see any reason why your steak doesn't continue next season. But, that's where my question come in. Every streak comes to an end. Even if you went perfect the next ten seasons in a row, there's always a next season.

So if you had to take a guess on which team the Patriots next loss would come from, who would you chose? I'm asking in a seriousness. Of all the teams in the NFL, which team has the best shot to earn the first W against the Pats in a long time?

Things change from year to year, based on any number of circumstances. That's why a team that goes, oh, let's say 14-2 one year and returns essentially the same team can go, oh, let's say, 11-5 the next year.

For an even better example, look at the Bears, or the Ratbirds

You play one game at a time, thus you have to say 'Giants.' Next season, the two I'd worry about most would be San Diego and Indy on the road, especially if the Indy game is schedule early in the year when they are still healthy. We'll have to see what happens in the off season.

Still, the way they are playing now, there is a difference between worrying about an opponent and thinking the opponent has a favorable chance. I'd worry a bit about any foe, but you would still have to favor the Patriots over most anyone.

Denver has always been a thorn in the Pats side, regardless of how good or bad the Pats have been in years past.

I echo many other's sentiments in that things change so quickly, and we're focused on 1 more game. I haven't really given any thought to next year's team yet, but like I said, if I had to pick one team it would be Denver.

The Steelers will beat the Patriots. I guarantee it.

(But I'm not saying when, lol) :D

A healthy Indy team would have been a nailbiter. I think a healty and more mature SD team would have given the Pats a run for their money, too.

SteelerFan87 on 01-22-2008 at 01:08 PM said:
The Steelers will beat the Patriots. I guarantee it.

(But I'm not saying when, lol) :D

Wow brave prediction SF87!:D

patsfanroach* on 01-22-2008 at 01:15 PM said:
Wow brave prediction SF87!:D

Thanks! lol

I also predict Lamar Woodley will sack Tom Brady, Santonio Holmes will beat Ellis Hobbs for a TD, and Anthony Smith will have an interception against the Pats... at some undetermined point in the near future.

:thumb:

bideau* on 01-22-2008 at 12:22 PM said:
Home

Miami
Buffalo
NY Jets
Denver
Kansas City
Arizona
St. Louis
Pittsburgh
Don't want to start thinking too far ahead, but that's got to be one of the least attractive (for a fan flying into Boston) home schedules I've ever seen.

I'm betting it's Pittsburgh in the home opener. (hopefully, Thursday night ;) )

Back