What the Hell ?????

Prometheus 441

Reaction score
post game press conference

Reporter to BB:Was there any consideration to going for it at the end ?.
BB:No , not really.......
Prometheus : What the Hell Bill ?.What do you mean " No,not really" ?.

Am I alone in this ???.How do you give an answer like that ?.How do you not go for it ?.Where does not going for it on 4-3 seem like a better option than kicking a 56 yrd. FG .Bill,why not stand at the podium and scream " I have zero confidence in our offense " ?. I just can't believe the call on this one , so , thoughts.

Folk told Belichick that his range was 58 during pre-game; the proof was in the pudding - that kick had the leg.

I don’t question the decision because Folk missed but because there was 56 seconds left, TB had 2 timeouts, and they only needed a FG to win.

If there was fewer than 30 seconds left, that was absolutely the right call. Even then, he nearly made it, and if he did, the Pats might be 2-2 right now.

The bigger backbreaker? Taylor’s fumble, because that cost them at least 3 points, which was the difference.

1-3, but 2 of those losses are in the NFC, and they still have 5 AFCE games in front of them, and control their own destiny in the division.

This sucks because they lost, not so much because of the record. The only way we’re still upset about this loss in a few months is if we miss the postseason by one game. Otherwise, this will hopefully be known as the game that springboarded the Pats’ season when they’re knocking folks off in January. One can hope.

This team deserves to be 2-2. I expect Belichick will tell them that tomorrow morning (with a side of: stop fucking fumbling and committing penalties), and then let them know that their entire season/destiny is still in their own hands.

Beyond this season, the future is bright with Mac.

Very much a tangent, but I don’t have a huge issue with the Folk call. Borderline, but there is lower hanging fruit (Taylor fumble) IMO.

4th quarter...a few minutes before the end.

That's tough. Would love to see a clip if you manage to track it down.

Mac will start to hit those soon. Putting aside tonight's game, the prospect of getting another 6-8 years of Belichick, McDaniels, and Mac Jones is a really exciting future to look forward towards as a Patriots' fan. I doubt Belichick goes much beyond 76, but I don't see him stopping short of 72, especially with a young, talented QB on a rookie contract, and his son in a prominent role on the coaching staff.

That said, Kraft said he hopes Belichick sticks around into his 80s (whether he implies he'd be in the same role, I don't know). We'll see, but the future is bright.

That's tough. Would love to see a clip if you manage to track it down.

Mac will start to hit those soon. Putting aside tonight's game, the prospect of getting another 6-8 years of Belichick, McDaniels, and Mac Jones is a really exciting future to look forward towards as a Patriots' fan. I doubt Belichick goes much beyond 76, but I don't see him stopping short of 72, especially with a young, talented QB on a rookie contract, and his son in a prominent role on the coaching staff.

That said, Kraft said he hopes Belichick sticks around into his 80s (whether he implies he'd be in the same role, I don't know). We'll see, but the future is bright.
Where do they show the replays of games at? This would be interesting...

Am I alone in this ???.How do you give an answer like that ?.How do you not go for it ?.Where does not going for it on 4-3 seem like a better option than kicking a 56 yrd. FG .Bill,why not stand at the podium and scream " I have zero confidence in our offense " ?. I just can't believe the call on this one , so , thoughts.
Belichick has faith in Folk, he has been as consistent as they come, he hit what? 36 or 37 straight FG's. I can see why BB would give him the chance.

I am glad there is a thread on this. What a tough call IMO. I think I would have gone for it as I did not like Folk's chances from that distance in the rain. Plus, even if he makes it, Brady gets the ball back with almost a minute. I am not the irate at Bill for the call as I do think it was so hard. Mac was playing well but the Tampa D was also getting a beat on him in the 4th. They should have had a pick inside the 10 when he threw the ball across his body right to White. So maybe Bill felt like Folk was the guy to try to seal it.

If he had missed by several feet or was short, then I would understand the second guessing.
But the kick was long enough and 1 inch to the left.
The coaches watch the kickers in pregame and make decisions based on what they see and what they hear from the kicker, holder and snapper.

If he had missed by several feet or was short, then I would understand the second guessing.
But the kick was long enough and 1 inch to the left.
The coaches watch the kickers in pregame and make decisions based on what they see and what they hear from the kicker, holder and snapper.
Guys like Mike Reiss were reporting pre game that Folk was knocking them over from 55 yards.

Seriously?

What part of the game was this?
4th quarter with 5:25 left. Mac throws to Jonnu Smith, and Devin White almost intercepts the ball. The replay shows that Hunter Henry was all by himself in the endzone. It's a TD if Mac seen Henry.

Oh well...

4th quarter with 5:25 left. Mac throws to Jonnu Smith, and Devin White almost intercepts the ball. The replay shows that Hunter Henry was all by himself in the endzone. It's a TD if Mac seen Henry.

Oh well...

Mac played great.

The Pats are a bad fumble (Harris) and another bad fumble (JJ) away from being 3-1. For real.

Pay Scar. Fund his grandkids college educations. Kid nap him.

Mac played great.

The Pats are a bad fumble (Harris) and another bad fumble (JJ) away from being 3-1. For real.

All I'm saying is that it would have been a TD...there's nothing wrong by pointing it out.

Last edited:
Mac played great.

Ernie is gone too. Whoever was running the weather machine must have thought Brady was still a Pat. He put the 4th quarter rain on at the wrong time.

Back