What To Do After Patricia’s Lions Contract Ends in 2022

DropKickFlutie

Reaction score

Matt Patricia’s salary is no longer subsidized by the Lions after 2022.

On offense we have seen the following offensive ineptitude:
  • 2 TDs 14 FGs the last 4 games in the red zone
  • 31st red zone offense in the league, behind the Jets and Colts
  • #2 in OLine penalties in the league
  • 34 negative plays from scrimmage the last 3 games (drive killers)
  • Regression of Mac Jones who went to the pro bowl last year and almost broke the all time rookie completion% record
  • Regression of Kendrick Bourne who was a top15 WR in 2021
  • Zero TDs so far for Damien Harris who scored 15 TDs last year
  • Poor production from the most expensive TE group in the league
  • A waste of time acquiring Parker and Thornton (while pissing off Bourne)
  • Only 20 total offensive TDs in 11 games

Going into the final month of the season, would you pay-up to keep Patricia or bring in steadier hands in Bill O’Brien or Chad O’Shea? Nick Caley has also been useless so imo he needs to go along with Judge, Rothstein, and Patricia.

Last edited:
In a dark scenario, just checked and Joe Judge is making a guaranteed $5M/year from the Giants still through the end of 2024. (5 year guaranteed contract). So it’s possible BB keeps Judge around and we see the Joe Judge circus for the next couple years

In a dark scenario, just checked and Joe Judge is making a guaranteed $5M/year from the Giants still through the end of 2024. (5 year guaranteed contract). So it’s possible BB keeps Judge around and we see the Joe Judge circus for the next couple years

Hopefully his role changes if he's kept around.

Patricia hasn't learned quickly enough to satisfy me.

Patricia did win some rings as a DC but I like Steve Belichick at DC. Not sure where Patricia fits. Maybe in the front office but Groh and Wolf have this down solid. Maybe as an Ernie replacement

Based on what I think I learned from his time here, it isn't so much slow learning as much as it is how stubborn he is.

I heralded his arrival here to my friends that are Lions fans. After all, I truly feel bad for the loyal and suffering fans here. Patricia quickly pissed off the press and then the players and then his own staff. He stated it was his way or everyone could leave. Only at the very end did he even try to take advice and try to communicate respectfully and listen too his staff and by then it was way too late.

The Lions, burned by Patricia went in a different direction for a HC, didn't they?

Bring him back with a 10-year contract, so the bots don't have to re-write their posting programs. :coffee:

Patricia is actively damaging Mac’s career and cannot be brought back as oc
No, Bill is actively damaging Mac's career, he was the one that traded a pro bowl guard, reached for a 4th rounder in the 1st to replace him, traded up in the 2nd to pick, and miss again on a wr that can't play, then installed not one, but two guys to run the offense that never had before. What are we talking about here, this is Bill and h needs to go.

it would be worth overpaying to bring O’Brien back

Patricia can be the janitor, keep him away from either offense or defense
would love a real O coordinator as I think Mac has promise but needs legit offensive coaches
oh to has Scar back coaching o-line
Screw Patricia, its Bill that needs to go. Bill is responsible for all of it.

Patricia can be the janitor, keep him away from either offense or defense
would love a real O coordinator as I think Mac has promise but needs legit offensive coaches
oh to have Scar back coaching o-line

agree

not worth it to save $ using subsidized Lions or Giants coaches but wreck a billlion dollar franchise in the process.

mac is getting ruined

Back