What To Do After Patricia’s Lions Contract Ends in 2022

I think people will regret it if BB leaves. A terrible coach in can nosedive a team, see the Raiders. BB is old but still a mastermind. It’s his staff on offense that’s the problem.
I’d being back BOB with the promise that he becomes HC after BB retires. best chance to win ring#7 is bring BOB back which optimizes both the offense and then BB can focus on the defense

I'm not a fan of Bill O'Brien. Bama's offense this year wasn't very good.
I also believe BB will choose his successor to allow a smooth transition.

So you are good with Matty P as OC next year?

I’m mentally prepared for the real possibility BB lets this ride with both Patricia and Judge and people will lose their sh-t.

If his rationale was putting in some guys that would stay awhile, then he’s going to stick with this rather than totally change it up after one year

I’m mentally prepared for the real possibility BB lets this ride with both Patricia and Judge and people will lose their sh-t.

If his rationale was putting in some guys that would stay awhile, then he’s going to stick with this rather than totally change it up after one yea:
:harumph:

Despite the fact that Bill is very loyal to "his guys", I don't think we'll go very long into the offseason with the Patricia/Judge situation as it is.

The reason for this is because both of those guys know the way it's gone down and the damage to the reputation of this franchise that has resulted and
I expect they will make the NFL version of a "polite excuse" to leave and force Bill's hand because neither wants to be the one that inadvertantly causes
the end of the Belichick era in Foxboro because they can't get out of their own way. Each can probably get some sort of NFL job now, but if Bill gets
fired because he would rather fall on a grenade than fire them, then they'll be completely toxic.

Despite the fact that Bill is very loyal to "his guys", I don't think we'll go very long into the offseason with the Patricia/Judge situation as it is.

The reason for this is because both of those guys know the way it's gone down and the damage to the reputation of this franchise that has resulted and
I expect they will make the NFL version of a "polite excuse" to leave and force Bill's hand because neither wants to be the one that inadvertantly causes
the end of the Belichick era in Foxboro because they can't get out of their own way. Each can probably get some sort of NFL job now, but if Bill gets
fired because he would rather fall on a grenade than fire them, then they'll be completely toxic.

Would your mind change if they put up 25+ points per game in the remaining games? I might.

One thing I will credit Patricia for is a willingness to adapt and change all season long. Shows some intelligence and awareness. I do think he needs an elite OLine coach though, he can't do both at the same time.

Would your mind change if they put up 25+ points per game in the remaining games? I might.

One thing I will credit Patricia for is a willingness to adapt and change all season long. Shows some intelligence and awareness. I do think he needs an elite OLine coach though, he can't do both at the same time.

Now he needs to learn how an offense can have several plays that all come from the same formation which can confuse defenses & make them hesitate rather than jump a play in the backfield. Iow, 1 formation can be designed for runs or passes. That way our tendencies can be used against them. He's getting better but has a way to go.
Lazar thinks the AZ game showed progress in this area.

Last edited:
My bet remains on BoB, my son is going with Cliff Kingsbury, which is intriguing.

Kingsbury has knowledge and understanding of the Pats offensive system that's evolved over the last 20 years, but also brings a whole different concept to the table.

I think the question with O'Brien is whether he wants to be am OC in the NFL or a HC in college.

Similar to the seismic shift when tb12 left, Pats nation will be sharply divided if BB is hit. I think Jonathan Kraft knows BB is irreplaceable when on top of his game
I'm a BB guy. He's the guy who drafted TB12. He's the guy who started TB12 over Bledsoe. He's the guy who kept TB12 over Bledsoe. He's the guy ultimately who SHOULD get most of the respect for NE's 6 rings.

Babooshka was a day or two from hiring Dom Capers instead of BB. His words, not mine. Dom who? Exactly...

Yup...Matt NEEDS that offense to upshift into the next gear or two. For the sake of the whole team. They've done enough experimenting by now. Use the stuff that Mac likes the most, and is working well.

The oline is kinda a different subject, but, both tackles are NOT good. That would be a good start.

Yup...Matt NEEDS that offense to upshift into the next gear or two. For the sake of the whole team. They've done enough experimenting by now. Use the stuff that Mac likes the most, and is working well.

The oline is kinda a different subject, but, both tackles are NOT good. That would be a good start.
100%

Sure, I would. I'm a diehard Patriots fan first and foremost and always will be. I'll take any plausible excuse to feel good about our chances.

For instance, I just bet one of my brothers (not Jerry) that we'll win either 3 or 4 of the remaining games. He's got 1 or 2 wins. The stakes are a rack of candied bacon
and the best bourbon or scotch at the Charred Oak Tavern in my hometown.

I figure there is nothing that we've shown so far to make me think we actually can win at least 3 of the last 4, but it's not completely impossible and I want that
bacon and booze whether I have to pay for it or not.

I am a fanboy, but this season has ground me down and made me extremely angry and not as reasonable as usual. I choose to assign the biggest slice of blame pie to
Matt Patricia even if I don't really know if that is reasonable or not.

It's a best-guess. I hate that fat fuck and want him gone. If that makes me ureasonable than so be it.

Back