What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

I really tried Breaking Bad. But like SOA I got all nervous for some reason and had to stop. My best binging comes from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

Try the Peeky Blinders
Thanks for the suggestion

Six Feet Under

I didn't binge watch it, but came close. I can't recall another series that brought me to tears when it ended. The final scene did just that.

Babylon 5.

IMHO, the first 4 seasons are some of the best Sci-Fi ever done, big screen or small.

5th season wasn't so great because they didn't think there would be a 5th season, so wrapped up most of the original arc in 4.

Before that I did Firefly.

Babylon 5.

IMHO, the first 4 seasons are some of the best Sci-Fi ever done, big screen or small.

5th season wasn't so great because they didn't think there would be a 5th season, so wrapped up most of the original arc in 4.

Before that I did Firefly.

What is Babylon 5 on?

Just finished the man in the high castle. Absolutely love it. I half expect Cthulhu to be in Hitler's basement. I'd really like to have the sound track too.

I think I'll break out my box set of Millennium next. Frank Black is one of my favorite TV characters.

The last show I binge watched was Breaking Bad and it was totally worth it. A lot of tv sucks, but the quality of character development, innovative stories, sense of place/culture, unexpected plot in some premium series is up there with any Academy Award movie.

I think the modern trend of high quality drama series started with Oz and the Sopranos on HBO.

The best show I've ever binge watched (or just watched period) was The Wire. I encourage anyone who hasn't watched it to give it a shot. The realism of how it portrays the problems of urban America and its institutions - the drug dealers, cops, politicians, schools, newspapers, and the kids caught in the middle is on a level nothing else has come close to. It's not some preachy thing - awesome character development, suspense, humor, tragedy, gritty realism. Need to watch it from the beginning, though.

Idris Elba (Stringer Bell) is pretty good in a BBC series called Luther that's on PBS now, where he plays a tough, weary London homicide cop. It blew me away when I found out that him, Dominic West (McNulty) actually have cockney accents and the the guy who played Mayor Carchetti was from Ireland. Never thought for a minute that they weren't from America/Baltimore.

I've got mixed opinions on binge watching. It's fun to be able to kick back on your couch and immerse yourself in great storytelling for as long as you want - like getting into a good novel and burning through 300 pages, but you lose something from watching the episodes a week at a time when they air. Like with some of the great Soprano's episodes, the impact of the scenes Adrianna or Ralph Cifferetto got killed would have been different if I'd watched the next 4 episodes immediately afterward. It can be cool to have a week to take things in and wonder what's going to happen next.

Luther is a great show.

"The Americans" (FX) is definitely binge-worthy, as is "Whitechapel" (BBCA).

The wife and I started watching Longmire. It's pretty good. Already 6 episodes in and it's already getting crazy, so I bet in time it will stress me out and I'll have to stop watching. LOL

"The Americans" (FX) is definitely binge-worthy, as is "Whitechapel" (BBCA).

We just started season 3 of The Americans. Excellent series.
We also started Outlander. It's my wife's favorite book series and so far, its pretty good.

We also started Outlander. It's my wife's favorite book series and so far, its pretty good.

I've been watching that all along.

I've got a pretty good hunch what the major WTF "shocker" they will serve us up at some point.

If your wife has read the books, she probably already knows.

Black Jack Randall is actually her husband Jack

Good call on Outlander.

It's an excellent "couples" show, because it's got a little bit of everything and is really well-filmed and authentic feeling historical fiction. My wife enjoys the romance and I like the horrifying torture. More or less.

A good friend of ours met Diana Gabaldon at a book-signing in Boston before the series premiered. She is a huge fan of the books and they became pals and now whenever Gabaldon comes to New England she stays at Cheryl's house and so forth, so we get some spoilers and things to watch for out of that.

I read book one, but the series is up to number 8 or something like that and I'm happy enough just following the TV series.

Bingeing on Dexter right now.

Dexter was one of my all time favorite binges.

As yakkity said, Give Peaky Blinders a try if you haven't yet. definitely worth it and a little off the beaten track.

If you are looking for something a bit less dark that the wife might like, try a Netflix show called Doc Martin. It is a lighthearted British comedy. My wife, who is against bing-ing and hates the dark-ish shows I usually prefer. Watched this one with me and was as hooked as I usually get.

Watched season one of Orphan Black over the weekend. Liked it very much, will continue.

Sent from my Enigma Device

Watched season one of Orphan Black over the weekend. Liked it very much, will continue.

Another excellent show. We binged the 1st season in time to watch the 2nd as it was airing. The actress is incredible.

I've been watching From Dusk Till Dawn. Pretty decent show actually considering it came from a no name network.

Another excellent show. We binged the 1st season in time to watch the 2nd as it was airing. The actress is incredible.

Well maybe I'll have to reconsider this then.

I like a lot of the stuff on BBCA, simply because they tend to actually have things lacking in the vast majority of US produced TV: Plot; acting; drama.

You know, nothing important.

BTW, I didn't binge it, but I have to suggest it.

Penny Dreadful on Showtime.

The first season is a bit slow, with a few shinning moment exceptions, but it is most certainly worth the time IMHO.

When I first started watching it, I wasn't sure since it seemed to be a Victorian Monster mishmash, but I changed my mind.

Eva Green is sublime in her performance.

Her séance scene in one of the first few episodes is worth the price of admission.

Timothy Dalton and Josh Hartnet put in solid performances.

Billie Piper's character is just starting to come into her own by the end of season 2.

The wife and I started watching Longmire. It's pretty good. Already 6 episodes in and it's already getting crazy, so I bet in time it will stress me out and I'll have to stop watching. LOL

Oh, it gets crazier, that's for sure. But a good series.

Back