What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

A couple of plugs for recent binges:

Sons of Sam -- Netflix

Yes that is Sons plural-- a limited series that covers the famous NYC David Berkowitz serial murders that most people are familiar with. The first couple of episodes
were well done, but went over familiar ground. Then, it morphed into something completely unexpected as it covers the theory, most pushed by one dogged investigator, that
the murders were not done just by one nutjob and (spoiler alert) were the agenda of a satanic cult that he was a part of. I, and almost every else, thought Berkowitz
was just a disturbed loner, but by the time this show was over, I was convinced that there was way more to the story than the public narrative that everybody
swallowed. Creepily fascinating stuff.

Jupiter's Legacy -- Netflix

-- I like superhero movies and was impressed with this 8 part series. Top notch acting, special effects and a compelling story line. Compares favorably to
the popular "The Boys" on Prime, although more serious in tone. Looks like Marvel isn't the only game in town anymore.

Dinosaur 13 -- EPIX/Hulu

-- a one-part docu on the discovery of "Sue" -- the most complete T-Rex skeleton ever discovered and the subsequent court battle over who could claim
ownership. I had read a book on the story, but found the film very interesting. It's a good vs. evil story.
My problem with dinosaur 13 . Just like black fish . It was a heavily one sided Film . I just finished old TV series on discovery +. Eversett beyond the limits & Eversett rescue.

I'm going to admit it. I'm hooked on the Outlander series. Seasons 4 and 5 take place in colonial America. I was going to stop watching after season 3 but I find 4 & 5 to be very good.

Sons of Sam raised some interesting questions, sure.... but it spent waaaaay to much time on the reporter whom, by the end, was basically portrayed as a crackpot.

Outlander was very good.. until season five when it got waaaaay to mushy. I don't mind a little bit of a love story, but geesh.. get on with the action.

Vikings... number 3 in my comprehensive ranking of tv shows. Epic and yes.. better than GoT.

Outlander was very good.. until season five when it got waaaaay to mushy. I don't mind a little bit of a love story, but geesh.. get on with the action.
This is my current show. We're almost through season 4 and I can sense it going in that direction. I may tap out after this season but I would recommend this show based on the strength of seasons 1 and 2. Season 1 was great.

I just got around to starting Yellowstone. Am I missing something? My wife wanted to watch it so badly because all of our friends talk about how great it is. I struggled through the second episode and told her that I would not be watching any further episodes. :ROFLMAO: The whole premise seems somewhat appealing to me but man, those first two episodes were like pulling teeth. If you tell me that I have to get through X episodes before it gets really good I might buy that and keep going. Otherwise I'm done with it.

I just got around to starting Yellowstone. Am I missing something? My wife wanted to watch it so badly because all of our friends talk about how great it is. I struggled through the second episode and told her that I would not be watching any further episodes. :ROFLMAO: The whole premise seems somewhat appealing to me but man, those first two episodes were like pulling teeth. If you tell me that I have to get through X episodes before it gets really good I might buy that and keep going. Otherwise I'm done with it.

I hear ya. I haven't gotten past the 1st one. I'd be interested in hearing some input on this one.

We struggled through a few episodes and then the neighbor that recommended it told us to keep going. We did and now cannot wait for season 3 :shrug-n:

Watching The Last Kingdom as a post Vikings blues. Definitely a step below Vikings in every way, but it's enjoyable enough.

Watching The Last Kingdom as a post Vikings blues. Definitely a step below Vikings in every way, but it's enjoyable enough.
I watched that too, it is no Vikings but it was fun. I am Uhtred son of Uhtred in the beginning was a tad annoying though :D

Last edited:
I watched that too, it is no Vikings but it was fun. I am Uhtred son of Uhtred in the beginning was a tad annoying though :D

Oh yeah, I couldn't fast forward that quick enough. Same as the falsetto singing at the end of almost every episode.

Just finished, an hour ago, episode 8 of 10 of Netflix's "Outer Banks", season 1. Sort of a teen soap opera, but very entertaining. Kind of stretches believability, but it's good.

We’re binge watching Manifest started over the weekend with all the rain.....

~Dee~

Just finished, an hour ago, episode 8 of 10 of Netflix's "Outer Banks", season 1. Sort of a teen soap opera, but very entertaining. Kind of stretches believability, but it's good.
We watched that wasn’t great but it wasn’t horrible either.

~Dee~

Back