What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

I just got around to starting Yellowstone. Am I missing something? My wife wanted to watch it so badly because all of our friends talk about how great it is. I struggled through the second episode and told her that I would not be watching any further episodes. :ROFLMAO: The whole premise seems somewhat appealing to me but man, those first two episodes were like pulling teeth. If you tell me that I have to get through X episodes before it gets really good I might buy that and keep going. Otherwise I'm done with it.
This was me with Game of Thrones. It took me 4 years to come back and give GoT another try.

Do yourself a favor and stick with Yellowstone for at least the first season. If for no other reason than Beth Dutton.

This was me with Game of Thrones. It took me 4 years to come back and give GoT another try.

Do yourself a favor and stick with Yellowstone for at least the first season. If for no other reason than Beth Dutton.
Yeah, I don't know what it is but Beth just didn't do it for me. :shrug-n:

My wife and I are big fans of the show. I was planning on having folks over to watch the season premiere
on the big screen at the fire pit, but they pushed it out to fall, so stay tuned, I guess.

Beth is pretty scary, but most of the women on this show are. Tons of eye candy but tons of trouble.

I'm partial to Hassie Harrison who plays "Laramie" and is the barrel racer known for hooking up with old Lloyd. She
also looks pretty good riding a buffalo bareback.

Yes, I'd hit that, even if I had to fight Rip. Unreal beauty. hassie.jpg

My wife and I are big fans of the show. I was planning on having folks over to watch the season premiere
on the big screen at the fire pit, but they pushed it out to fall, so stay tuned, I guess.

Beth is pretty scary, but most of the women on this show are. Tons of eye candy but tons of trouble.

I'm partial to Hassie Harrison who plays "Laramie" and is the barrel racer known for hooking up with old Lloyd. She

Yes, I'd hit that, even if I had to fight Rip. Unreal beauty. View attachment 5074

Ah.............wow, now that's some kinda special beautiful.

Yeah, I don't know what it is but Beth just didn't do it for me. :shrug-n:
Then her sister-in-law will in Season 2 :coffee:

Yes, I'd hit that, even if I had to fight Rip. Unreal beauty.
Oh, hell yeah - she is awesome.

Beth in the trough with the champagne bottle was awesome.

Kayce's wife, Monica, is also something.

There's a "type" for every kind of dude on this show. And the ladies have Rip. It's win-win.

Then her sister-in-law will in Season 2 :coffee:

Oh, hell yeah - she is awesome.

Beth in the trough with the champagne bottle was awesome.

Kayce's wife, Monica, is also something.

There's a "type" for every kind of dude on this show. And the ladies have Rip. It's win-win.

Awesome is right. She's technically too young for me, but I don't even care. The fact she hooked
up with Lloyd means I can convince myself I have a legit chance. I sure hope Laramie sticks around.

It's a sexy show. I don't often say or think that, but it is. Tons of talent.

It also that has aspects that no other current show does. It celebrates a cowboy brand of so-called
"toxic masculinity" yet has plenty of really strong women characters. And when those two ingredients
are present there is going to be some boinking going on, but they handle it in an authentic way.

It's different. I was already a big fan of Ryan Bingham's music, but didn't know what he looked like. Then
he starts singing in the bunkhouse and I'm like "is that actor lip synching Bingham?" and discovered
that it's really him and turns out he's a pretty good actor and character. I loved the scene where he's singing
in the bar and the barmaid tries to pick him up and he just says "Thanks, but I wouldn't be very good company" and
goes out to catch a beating from Rip and Lloyd.

I keep wondering whether they will eventually cave into the boring woke nonsense that infests practically every
new TV show and streaming series, but so far they keep delivering hardcore excellence. There is nothing else
like it on the tube and I hope they don't lose anything off the fastball.

It's sexy, violent and funny. The pressure on Costner never lets up and he won't bend over for anybody.

Awesome is right. She's technically too young for me, but I don't even care. The fact she hooked
up with Lloyd means I can convince myself I have a legit chance. I sure hope Laramie sticks around.

It also that has aspects that no other current show does. It celebrates a cowboy brand of so-called
"toxic masculinity" yet has plenty of really strong women characters. And when those two ingredients
are present there is going to be some boinking going on, but they handle it in an authentic way.

It's different. I was already a big fan of Ryan Bingham's music, but didn't know what he looked like. Then
he starts singing in the bunkhouse and I'm like "is that actor lip synching Bingham?" and discovered
that it's really him and turns out he's a pretty good actor and character. I loved the scene where he's singing
in the bar and the barmaid tries to pick him up and he just says "Thanks, but I wouldn't be very good company" and

I keep wondering whether they will eventually cave into the boring woke nonsense that infests practically every
new TV show and streaming series, but so far they keep delivering hardcore excellence. There is nothing else

It's sexy, violent and funny. The pressure on Costner never lets up and he won't bend over for anybody.
I refer to it as Succession with horses

After that description, I will definitely give it another shot after the Sox game. Thank you.

I watched Our Flag Means Death. A pirate spoof by the guys who did What We Do In The Shadows. It started out a little slow but I loved it by the season finale.

I also started Peacemaker. I honestly don't know why I waited so long to watch this one. It's probably a good idea to watch the latest Suicide Squad first but I don't think it's really necessary. I've always thought John Cena was okay but he is downright hilarious in this one. I was glued right at the intro of the first episode. It's one of the few shows that I will actually watch the entire intro before every episode without skipping it. If you're an 80's hair metal fan then you're going to love this show.

Just Binged BCS, the penultimate season. OK but not great.

Watched that too then lost my HBO Max trial. Would like to finish it.

Not a binge, but just watched the first episode of Outer Range, which mixes the modern western with a bit of sci-fi weirdness. Not sure what to make of the first episode other than it may have potential and it also might be a bit much, will keep watching for now.

As a lark they should play at least a portion of the Handsome Family's Bottomless Hole during an upcoming episode.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OperfSW9S9I

I just binged Dexter and loved it. Ozark is next on my list. I got ESPN+ a few months back and spend way too much time watching hockey..

Just started Deadwood (I know 🤦‍♂️). I'm really enjoying it. Definitely should have watched it a long time ago but didn't have access to it.

Not a binge. But i have tremendously enjoyed the network TV show Ghosts. It is a rare American version that is better than the original British. .

Great smart writing, every character I find interesting interesting and enjoyable. Humorous and significant all the way around for me.

Mr. Mayor, the Tina Fey creation with Ted Danson, Holly Hunter and more deserves a mention as well. Ted does great as the billboard advertising billionaire of LA with Holly his hard left liberal feminist econut freedom fighter as his foil of a chief of staff.

View: https://youtu.be/kaOCCmwAhGc

View: https://youtu.be/Z2w4376USn8

Back