What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

Reservation Dogs season 2 was good, not quite on par will season 1 in my opinion. There's never been anything like that show ever, an accurate portrayal of modern Native American life, written and directed by Native Americans. Anyone sick of all the regurgitated and cliche crap out there should watch it.

I’m not going to check 50 pages to see if it’s been mentioned but for those who like science fiction or drama:

Industry. A show about finance and investment banking.

Succession. A fictional play on a dysfunctional Murdoch-like family and a patriarch dealing with bratty self absorbed kids.

Billionaire. A show about cut throat hedge fund investors looking for an angle.

The Expanse. Excellent show about different human planetary dynamics, and new technologies.

House of Dragons. Pretty good if you like Game of Thrones and want to see a prequel of 200 years prior.

Foundation. Big budget AppleTV show, not bad if you like Asimov or Arthur C Clarke.

Rings of Power. Amazon’s billion dollar TV show of a prequel of Lord of the Rings.

Mandalorian. Jon Favreau’s take on star wars, Clint Eastwood wild-west style

Obi-Wan. Backstory of Obi-Wan and includes kid princess leia.

True Detective. Probably the best season of television ever made, if you like detective or crime mystery gritty tales

Last edited:
I’m not going to check 50 pages to see if it’s been mentioned but for those who like science fiction or drama:

Industry. A show about finance and investment banking.

Succession. A fictional play on a dysfunctional Murdoch-like family and a patriarch dealing with bratty self absorbed kids.

Billionaire. A show about cut throat hedge fund investors looking for an angle.

The Expanse. Excellent show about different human planetary dynamics, and new technologies.

House of Dragons. Pretty good if you like Game of Thrones and want to see a prequel of 200 years prior.

Foundation. Big budget AppleTV show, not bad if you like Asimov or Arthur C Clarke.

Rings of Power. Amazon’s billion dollar TV show of a prequel of Lord of the Rings.
Good stuff, DKF. Lots to investigate. Loved the Foundation trilogy novels. Right up there at the apex of sci fi.

Cheers

Have started Dahmer and appreciate how they are approaching the story thus far (3 episodes in). There's nothing comfortable about the subject matter but thumbs up to this point.

Recently finished season 2 of Only Murders in the Building and think it was better than season 1.

Have started Dahmer and appreciate how they are approaching the story thus far (3 episodes in). There's nothing comfortable about the subject matter but thumbs up to this point.

Recently finished season 2 of Only Murders in the Building and think it was better than season 1.
Loved Only Murder...
I am on episode three for Dahmer. I can do only so much at a time with this particular show.

Last edited:
Loved Only Murder...
I am on episode for Dahmer. I can do only so much at a time with this particular show.

I literally kind of felt the same way. We watched the first episode Tuesday night. Last night my wife asked if I wanted to watch another episode. I was like nah, lets take a night off. :ROFLMAO:

For people that get physically ill having to think about Jeff Dahmer, which is hopefully everybody that watches it, I have a couple of lighter recommendations that you won't make you miss
any sleep.

My wife and I are 4 episodes into Reboot (Hulu) and I think it's surprisingly good. They are doing weekly releases or I probably would have binged the whole season by now. It stars Keegan-Michael Key, Paul Reiser and Johnny Knoxville and concerns a network attempting to reboot a stupid 90's sitcom, but It's a smart and edgy show that has me chuckling out loud a lot. Way better than I thought it would be. It's hilariously raunchy at times and pokes fun at how dysfunctional Hollywood can be.

Also, I'll plug Season 1 of Heels (Starz). It revolves around a small-town, family-owned semi-pro wrestling circuit in Georgia and features a solid cast of mostly unknowns that includes Mike O'Malley, Alexander Ludwig (Bjorn from Vikings) and former Steeler and Patriot James Harrison who is outstanding in a supporting role. The big dude is a surprisingly good actor. Season 2 is coming out October 9th, so check out this absorbing, gritty show that balances humor and drama. I think it's a little-known gem, although it takes a little patience for it to really hit it's stride.

Milwaukee cops fumbled that ball numerous times...they easily could have got him from being the prolific cereal killuh that he got to be.

I am through 5 episodes of La Brea. Big sinkhole in downtown LA at the - you guessed it- La Brea tar pits. (10 minutes from the world famous hot dog stand Pinks) All the people who are consumed by the mile wide sinkhole are not dead, they are sent back in time 12K years to the same LA down town area only with sabre tooth Cats running around munching on the unfortuant ones not paying attention. A few present dayers know the people that fell in are still alive but sinister goverment forces are keeping a lid on the whole thing. I had higher hopes. I am not enthralled but the wife seems to like it. But If one more character erupts with "but that's my wife/brother/mother/father and you don't care!" and then tears up my foot goes through the TV.

Last edited:
I am through 5 episodes of La Brea. Big sinkhole in downtown LA at the - you guessed it- La Brea tar pits. (10 minutes from the world famous hot dog stand Pinks) All the people who are consumed by the mile wide sinkhole are not dead, they are sent back in time 12K years to the same LA down town area only with sabre tooth Cats running around munching on the unfortuant ones not paying attention. A few present dayers know the people that fell in are still alive but sinister goverment forces are keeping a lid on the whole thing. I had higher hopes. I am not enthralled but the wife seems to like it. But If one more character erupts with "but that's my wife/brother/mother/father and you don't care!" and then tears up my foot goes through the TV.

I gave it a legit shot, but it plays like a script written by a dozen Hollywood hacks. Interesting premise, but they couldn't do anything with it. Oh, and my Wife didn't like it at all, so I'm off the hook.

on Netflix

DAHMER - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

Surprisingly immersive treatment of an utterly grotesque serial-killing crime

special emphasis on Dahmer disfunctional family life and immersive deep-dives into the lives of some of the victims

additional expansive treatment of the social-political consequences at the time as well as exanination of those who tried in vane to get police to stop Dahmer

CONS: Creepy-chilling seduction to killing sequence scenes and their aftermaths 🤢

PROS: GREAT disco music-tracks during carefree dancing bar scenes 🥳
Unfortunately, Dahmer was a real life monster one of many. I did in fact study the man and I agree with your assessment.

~Dee~

Have to say it again, Andor on Disney+ is really excellent. It's Star Wars for grown-ups. Highly recommended. This week, some of the action was on Coruscant. Not in the bloody Jedi temple or Senate and nothing about the Force or any nonsense. It was in an Imperial budget committee talking about security! It's superb.

OK, I know Rings of Power has been mentioned multiple times, but The Drinker eviscerates it in this review.

NFSW and Spoiler warning

I tried to watch it but after 3 episodes I was not impressed, the CGI's are poorly done and it just seems so hokey which is a shame really because I was hoping I would like it.

Last edited:
Sins of Our Mother.

Oh, my fudging gawd. Just three episode but it got us in OMGosh mode.

Netflix.True Crime genre.

Back