What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

Just finished binging For All Mankind. Got to say I found it way more interesting and entertaining than I thought it would. It's uniquely setup in a way that they really could keep the show going indefinitely too, they could lead it up to The Expanse type of universe timeline or even Star Trek if they want to.

Just finished binging For All Mankind. Got to say I found it way more interesting and entertaining than I thought it would. It's uniquely setup in a way that they really could keep the show going indefinitely too, they could lead it up to The Expanse type of universe timeline or even Star Trek if they want to.
I enjoyed that too

The Peripheral is off to a good start! William Gibson was a high-end imagination, up there with Phil Dick, Douglas Adams, and Neil Stephenson. This is new to me, and I think I'll be reading the novel.

Three episodes into The Watcher. Very good, so far.
Just imdb'd this. It features two actresses (Naomi Watts and Mia Farrow) that I just hate for no good reason, but also Bobby Carnavale and Richard Kind, whom I love. And also Jennifer Coolidge, who I both enjoy and want to punch right in the mouth. Weird.

I see that sooooooomeooooooone hasn't seen Mulholland Drive :coffee:
She's just on the list of female celebrities I can't stand - she made me dislike Mulholland Dr, even. Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts, Liv Tyler and Alanis Morrissette are also on it, but in their case I know why: their wide mouths creep me the f*ck out. Mia Farrow and Naomi Watts? Not sure why.

Loved it.
No spoilers please but I think The Watcher is this guy.
Happy Gilmore Movie GIF

She's just on the list of female celebrities I can't stand - she made me dislike Mulholland Dr, even. Gwyneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts, Liv Tyler and Alanis Morrissette are also on it, but in their case I know why: their wide mouths creep me the f*ck out. Mia Farrow and Naomi Watts? Not sure why.
We all have those I think. Like I can't stand Ron Perlman, I see him and just want to punch him in the mouth, can't really explain why. Nothing to do with his acting ability, no idea what kind of person he is, just hate his face. Almost didn't watch Sons of Anarchy because of him, which would have been a big mistake.

We all have those I think. Like I can't stand Ron Perlman, I see him and just want to punch him in the mouth, can't really explain why. Nothing to do with his acting ability, no idea what kind of person he is, just hate his face. Almost didn't watch Sons of Anarchy because of him, which would have been a big mistake.
I still never watched SOA. Not one episode.

Good idea!

Wednesday 11/2, 7:45 PM

Just now finished 8 episode netflix series, Pieces of Her. Interesting and complex story with a ton of scary and intense violence. But not gratuitous. Unique and intriguing plot where the story begins with a million questions and and slowly reveals the answers in small bytes (pieces) over the 8 episodes. I really enjoyed the acting. The two women in the lead roles were imo outstanding. Constant flashbacks and returns to now, sometimes too much. Mixed reviews largely due to the confusion thereby generated.

But I enjoyed it and was sucked along though the 8 episodes over these last 3 days. Like that book you can't put down.

Cheers, BostonTim

This may not count as bingeing because the show comes out one episode a week, but Andor on Disney+ has - to my mind - been really good!
3 more episodes for this "season", so wait and then you can "binge" it. episode 9 came out today and I watch it as soon as I could

Having the Star wars universe and "the empire" without Sith, Jedi, "the force", lightsabers etc. works really well.

I tried to give "Rings of Power" a chance.

I overlooked the parts of the storyline that contradicted the cannon.

I looked past the characters who were nothing like the characters I've know for decades.

I tried to watch the story that was being told and leave it it that.

Problem is, the story was fucking awful.

They clearly blew the production budget on cinematography and visual effects, and overlooked hiring competent story tellers.

Back