What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

This may not count as bingeing because the show comes out one episode a week, but Andor on Disney+ has - to my mind - been really good!
3 more episodes for this "season", so wait and then you can "binge" it. episode 9 came out today and I watch it as soon as I could

Having the Star wars universe and "the empire" without Sith, Jedi, "the force", lightsabers etc. works really well.

I was raving about this show pages back, it's bloody brilliant. I love the characters, the storyline, the slow pace and as you say, not an annoying Jedi or the fucking force in sight!

I was raving about this show pages back, it's bloody brilliant. I love the characters, the storyline, the slow pace and as you say, not an annoying Jedi or the fucking force in sight!
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, and the Star Wars thread I started didn't seem to catch on, so glad to hear others have the same positive view I do
in fact, if someone shows up with a lightsaber I'll be very disappointed. I like how they just mention the emperor without needing to go any further/deeper

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, and the Star Wars thread I started didn't seem to catch on, so glad to hear others have the same positive view I do
in fact, if someone shows up with a lightsaber I'll be very disappointed. I like how they just mention the emperor without needing to go any further/deeper
I love the Empire we're seeing is all bureaucratic committees with backstabbing and infighting. It's class.

Did you see episode 9?? Holy shit, it was brilliant. Slow-paced brutality, showing how evil the fascist empire really is.

This is the best Star Wars content ever IMHO. Better than the original movies. It really is Star Wars for grown ups. A lot of reviews are saying the same thing, that it's more akin to a HBO written show than a Disney one, it's that good.

The prison scene at the end is chillingly brilliant.

Did you see episode 9?? Holy shit, it was brilliant. Slow-paced brutality, showing how evil the fascist empire really is.

This is the best Star Wars content ever IMHO. Better than the original movies. It really is Star Wars for grown ups. A lot of reviews are saying the same thing, that it's more akin to a HBO written show than a Disney one, it's that good.

Yes I did! I pretty much watch the new episode that day when I first get up or during lunch.
That was a great episode and very cool with the whole prison setup, and that ending (don't want to spoil it for others) was very cool

It’s good, though I prefer the Mandalorian. Andor is a bit too slow at times. But very enjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I've mentioned that David e. Kelly was a law school class-mate of mine but wondered off to hollywood too achieve astonishing success as creator, writer and producer. Also he's been married to Michelle Pfeiffer for 30 years come their next anniversary. Anyway, his shows, imo, have tremendous writing overall. Takes serious issues (legal especially but others as well) and uses the platform of the trial to create vivid, accurate, and compassionate presentations of both sides of an issue. And his characters are characters indeed. E. G. , I loved Captain Kirk as the brilliant and simultaneously absurd "DENNY CRANE!", and I adored Calista Flockhart as Allie McBeal..

Watch all his stuff if possible, and just finished the 2 seasons, 34 episodes of Harry's law . Not his very best but very watchable, and enjoyable. Stars Kathy Bates as the eponymous Harriet (Harry) Korn. She is a highly successful patent Lawyer for One of Cincinnati's high end firms and escapes to establish a ghetto based Criminal law practice cum high end women's shoe store. Huh? Well anyway, I do recommend it.

Last edited:
It’s good, though I prefer the Mandalorian. Andor is a bit too slow at times. But very enjoyable.

Latest episode had more action, but i like that this is different and not a lightsaber/blaster/space battle show. we have those. this show has been great at showing the effects the empire has on normal people and how the seeds of rebellion are planted.
As I said to Roberto, if a jedi/sith/lightsaber/force user showed up suddenly I'd be disappointed. I don't want any of that in this show. Love it in the other shows where it fits, but this show is everything I could have wanted it to be

Enjoyed For All Mankind, seeing decades go by across multiple characters.

Is Andor like The Expanse? I enjoyed The Expanse. Zero Jedi’s or Force doesn’t sound much like Star Wars….

I've mentioned that David e. Kelly was a law school class-mate of mine but wondered off to hollywood too achieve astonishing success as creator, writer and producer. Also he's been married to Michelle Pfeiffer for 30 years come their next anniversary. Anyway, his shows, imo, have tremendous writing overall. Takes serious issues (legal especially but others as well) and uses the platform of the trial to create vivid, accurate, and compassionate presentations of both sides of an issue. And his characters are characters indeed. E. G. , I loved Captain Kirk as the brilliant and simultaneously absurd "DENNY CRANE!", and I adored Calista Flockhart as Allie McBeal..

Watch all his stuff if possible, and just finished the 2 seasons, 34 episodes of Harry's law . Not his very best but very watchable, and enjoyable. Stars Kathy Bates as the eponymous Harriet (Harry) Korn. She is a highly successful patent Lawyer for One of Cincinnati's high end firms and escapes to establish a ghetto based Criminal law practice cum high end women's shoe store. Huh? Well anyway, I do recommend it.

I've enjoyed every David E. Kelly show I've seen. Boston Legal being my favorite. I watched every episode a number of times with my mom, including a fateful night on my 40th birthday when I did something dumb. I laid with my head in my moms lap as she stroked my hair, while watching Denny for 8 hours til about 6 am until I didn't feel like i was going to die.

William Shatner has been a favorite since I was a kid.

My mom never called it Boston Legal, she would just say, "Hey, let's watch the Bafoon" meaning Denny Crane.

I'm missing her tonight after a great conversation with a friend who was clear I need to begin to grieve her passing. She's right.

Off to watch The Bafoon.

Thank you @BostonTim for the reminder and the the direction to take this night.

Last edited:
Just watched The Walking Dead SERIES finale. Man am I glad that's over with. 😂 Of course now they're plugging three more new spin-offs. 🤦‍♂️

Just watched The Walking Dead SERIES finale. Man am I glad that's over with. 😂 Of course now they're plugging three more new spin-offs. 🤦‍♂️
Will watch later today. I enjoyed it overall but yeah ready to move on. Spinoff will be iffy if I watch.

As much as I wanted to like it I thought 1st season of Mandalorian was a snooze fest through the middle episodes, 2nd season was certainly better. Andor feels like a story with an actual arc and I find it much more intriguing, but that's just me.

The English on Amazon is very good. Only 6 episodes, I kept saying that I'd stop after episode 3, then watch the others later. But, I stayed up way too late because I couldn't stop watching it.

Man all the love for Denny Crane. I think James Spader/Alan Shore carried that show, and it was awesome.

About half way through Severance now and can't wait to watch more. It's disconcerting and intriguing. Fascinating concept and great acting and filming. So far I highly recommend.

The wife and I have been watching Wednesday. If you're a fan of the Harry Potter series I think this show will be right up your alley.

Yeah, I stayed up for it and immediately wondered why. It was so past time to put that poor old dog down. And no thanks to the spin offs. Enough already.

Trying to watch Willow right now. Man, I'm not sure I'm going to make it through this one.

Back