What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

For some reason, I never watched The Wire when it originally aired. I am just starting season 4.

I like this show very much unless something epic occurs in seasons 4 or 5, it's not better than The Sopranos or Breaking Bad. (BTW, if something epic DOES happen, no need to tip me off to it)
Breaking Bad > Sopranos > The Wire

IM (definitive & indisputable)O.

Breaking Bad > Sopranos > The Wire

IM (definitive & indisputable)O.
I'm currently on the last season of The Sopranos. I had never seen it. Never watched The Wire either.

Breaking bad is one if the best shows ever made. I've watched it multiple times.

But... The Sopranos? I don't get it. I mean I understand the show, but I really only find it mildly entertaining. It's okay. I don't understand all the attention it got. Maybe the second half of the last season will bring it all home, but for now, I think it's just OK.

I'm currently on the last season of The Sopranos. I had never seen it. Never watched The Wire either.

Breaking bad is one if the best shows ever made. I've watched it multiple times.

But... The Sopranos? I don't get it. I mean I understand the show, but I really only find it mildly entertaining. It's okay. I don't understand all the attention it got. Maybe the second half of the last season will bring it all home, but for now, I think it's just OK.
Agreed, it's pretty seriously overrated. The Wire reminded me of The Shield, which was good but not great. I only got through most of season 1 and a couple random later episodes.

Honestly, I feel the same way about Breaking Bad as you do about the Sopranos (which I’ve never seen).
I’m mean, BB is good. But one of the best shows ever? Meh. The last season or two were mediocre. It just got repetitive.

Honestly, I feel the same way about Breaking Bad as you do about the Sopranos (which I’ve never seen).
I’m mean, BB is good. But one of the best shows ever? Meh. The last season or two were mediocre. It just got repetitive.
Probably ran a season too long like almost every great show ever made but how is that not one of the best shows ever made? There had never been that kind of character transformation arc in a TV show ever. It's all subjective of course but I don't see how that could fall out of say a top 10 or even a top 5 really. The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, Atlanta, Better Call Saul...I'm probably just a TV snob if there is such a thing but those are the only shows I can think of off the top of my head that compete with it. There's plenty I could say I enjoyed more from a pure entertainment standpoint since I'm a huge SciFi fan, but that show was brilliantly written.

So do I and yes, they do. I haven't seen either of the shows you mention, but am looking for a Brit series to start. Thanks.

Some of the better ones my wife and I have enjoyed that are crime oriented are Scott and Bailey, Shetland and Vigil. All are recommended
to anybody who can handle some dark and twisted in order to see quality entertainment.
Hi Hawgie! Scott and Bailey is very good, as is Rose and Maloney, Unforgotten, River, and in a lighter vein, Last Tango in Halifax, which starts (briefly, deceptively) as similar to a Hallmark show, but gets dark at times as well. Stellar cast with Derek Jacobi, Anne Reid, Sarah Lancashire, Nicola Walker, Timothy West--all outstanding and very familiar names if you enjoy English/British shows. Happy Valley really is the cream of the crop, though, IMO, and is on Prime, not Netflix as I previously posted.

I attempted to watch Breaking Bad, but really couldn't care less about the story or the main character after 3 episodes. It is difficult to watch a show when it is pretty far removed from its original broadcast and still experience what made it exceptional. If a show doesn't age well, it obviously cannot be considered a classic.

I attempted to watch Breaking Bad, but really couldn't care less about the story or the main character after 3 episodes. It is difficult to watch a show when it is pretty far removed from its original broadcast and still experience what made it exceptional. If a show doesn't age well, it obviously cannot be considered a classic.
First of all, 🥰, to seeing you.

I'm on Team Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, my whole family is. We've watched and enjoyed it. Him being a chemist like me bonded me. I remember in Analytical chemisty lab, Dr. Anderson walking by me with a grin. He said just one extra step you would have cocaine, smiled more and left. 🤣🤣🤣

This show has aged well so far, I think it will continue to do so.

The Soprano's is a funny show in that the stories are well written, well acted and deserving of all the awards the show won. However at some point in the timeline you realize there is not one character with a single redeeming quality in it, they are all wretched human beings.

The Soprano's is a funny show in that the stories are well written, well acted and deserving of all the awards the show won. However at some point in the timeline you realize there is not one character with a single redeeming quality in it, they are all wretched human beings.
Wretched humans we've bonded to.

First of all, 🥰, to seeing you.

I'm on Team Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, my whole family is. We've watched and enjoyed it. Him being a chemist like me bonded me. I remember in Analytical chemisty lab, Dr. Anderson walking by me with a grin. He said just one extra step you would have cocaine, smiled more and left. 🤣🤣🤣

This show has aged well so far, I think it will continue to do so.
Breaking Bad is fantastic! Haven’t seen Better Call Saul yet but I plan to!

I’m currently watching the sitcom Til Death. It’s funnny. And season 2 of your Honour.

Also want to watch dirty babysitters with hung studs. But Leah won’t let me :(

Breaking Bad is fantastic! Haven’t seen Better Call Saul yet but I plan to!

I’m currently watching the sitcom Til Death. It’s funnny. And season 2 of your Honour.

Also want to watch dirty babysitters with hung studs. But Leah won’t let me :(
@TylerD Til Death not familiar with, will look it up. Leah is just so awesome. 🙂😏

A little out of left field but I was scrolling and came across the original Wonder Years. I loved the show when it first came and it still holds up remarkably well.

Probably ran a season too long like almost every great show ever made but how is that not one of the best shows ever made?

The only best anything is what the individual thinks is best. Aside from TFB their is no indisputable best.

Cheers

May have mentioned this show before.

Somehow I've become woefully ignorant of TV and movies I always spent so much time enjoying. Don't even know half of the actors these days. Working on that.

Miracle Worker's.

Daniel Radcliff (Harry Potter) working at Heaven Inc. Steve Buscemi as God? Think about that one for a second. :)

Great show, a comedy. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Highly recommended to me is Slow Horses with Gary Oldman.

They had me at Gary Oldman.

Way too many words to spend on my appreciation of this man.

From Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead to Bram Stokers Dracula to Sirius Black in Harry Potter to this.

It certainly doesn't hurt that he is good friends with Kiefer Sutherland.

Just yes.

View: https://youtu.be/O9ZJChzPn0U

Last edited:
On Kiefer Sutherland.

A sleeper of a movie I really enjoyed with his father Donald Sutherland, Demi Moore and others.

Forsaken.

Comedy wise, I just love Arrested Development. I go back to the original series every couple of years and find something new. So clever and genuinely funny with some really great performances and cameos.

Comedy wise, I just love Arrested Development. I go back to the original series every couple of years and find something new. So clever and genuinely funny with some really great performances and cameos.
If you haven't seen Better Off Ted, give it a shot. It was almost like they took a shot at Arrested Development, but the country wasn't quite that weird yet, so they cancelled it after a season.

Back