What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

I am now also watching 'The Last of Us' on HBO. Very good.

I really enjoyed the first game (the 2nd one, not so much - I have a low tolerance for scary horror stuff), so will be interested to see this.

Someone was telling me that the TV series puts a lot of stuff into context, like how the virus started etc.

I really enjoyed the first game (the 2nd one, not so much - I have a low tolerance for scary horror stuff), so will be interested to see this.

Someone was telling me that the TV series puts a lot of stuff into context, like how the virus started etc.

Ok weirdo.

What First Game?

:)

I have low tolerance and interest as well in horror stuff, Rob Zombie films not withstanding. Not that this is the reason for the exception but I adore Rob's wife Sheri Moon. More than her looks and just a tad more than her insanity laced characters in his films is their perfect loving match with each other.

Now, what the heck are you talking about with this first game.

:shrug-n2:

Ok weirdo.

What First Game?

I have low tolerance and interest as well in horror stuff, Rob Zombie films not withstanding. Not that this is the reason for the exception but I adore Rob's wife Sheri Moon. More than her looks and just a tad more than her insanity laced characters in his films is their perfect loving match with each other.

The Last of Us was a game. The new series on HBO is based on the story told in the game.

I used to watch the original seasons of MST3K on Comedy Central but lost track/interest after a while.
came across it on Netflix and saw it was a mostly new cast (to me anyway) so I gave it a shot. Thought it was hilarious (only had a couple of beers before watching in case you were wondering)
it was this episode I watched last night and will give a couple others a try

Ok weirdo.

What First Game?

It's arguably one of the best games of all time. The storytelling in it is amazing. I think it does a very good job of showing how quickly and spectacularly society can break down, with people doing very bad things to survive.

It's arguably one of the best games of all time. The storytelling in it is amazing. I think it does a very good job of showing how quickly and spectacularly society can break down, with people doing very bad things to survive.

Gotcha.

We been waiting since they dropped the trailer. The fact it's the guy from The Mandelorian is major plus.

Pedro is excellent and I love The Last of Us. I'm worried that it will go like most massively hyped shows
and HBO will start to milk it, but I think the Show Runner has his act together and will mostly stick with
the game as a guideline, despite some tinkering.

There are a lot of great aspects to TLOS, the creatures are outstanding, the scenes set in Boston were
great, I like the post-apocalyptic vibe they have going, but the center of the show is Joel and Ellie. She is
fantastic and I particularly like the excitement she has at seeing things for the first time that she has
only been able to read about.

I care about those characters and look forward to Sunday nights so I can get my fix. Not a lot of stuff
grabs me the way this has, but the way they handle people too broken by loss to want to form bonds
anymore, but find they must. It can be unbelievably brutal or heartbreakingly tender from one minute
to the next.

We've recently starting watching Dark, a German series, on Netflix. It's got slightly X Files vibes and has time-travel as its main theme. It does have a fair amount of violence and darkness, by way of warning.

What's the title? Very interested.

We've recently starting watching Dark, a German series, on Netflix. It's got slightly X Files vibes and has time-travel as its main theme. It does have a fair amount of violence and darkness, by way of warning.
Is the audio also in Klingon? Or do they speak the King's tongue?

Mayor of Kingstown and 1923 continue to kick ass.
I stopped watching the Mayor of Kingstown after the first couple of episodes; it seemed like an interesting premise, but one that was better suited for a limited/mini series and that wouldn't hold up after the 1st season. Maybe I'll finish the season and see how it goes.

Last edited:
I play streaming service musical chairs. My HBOMAX subscription is up this month and while I did not get around to The Last of Us, I did (finally) watch The Wire, House of the Dragon and Succession.

All were good but Succession creeps to the top of the pile for me (new season starts next month but I will circle back to HBO to wrap it up sometime in the distant future).

It's literally named "Dark". 3 seasons with a full arc/ending, and I suggest watching it subtitled, the dubbed version IMO takes a lot away from the acting which is very very good.

Thank you.

We're down to the last few episodes of The Kominsky Method, Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin are hilarious in this series and so are most of the supporting cast.

Back