What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

It's literally named "Dark". 3 seasons with a full arc/ending, and I suggest watching it subtitled, the dubbed version IMO takes a lot away from the acting which is very very good.
Yeah, I always prefer the subtitled versions.

The translation of this is really good (humblebrag that I speak enough German to be able to tell). That's not always the case.

We've just finished season 1 and really enjoyed it. I do get confused about who's who, though.

We've recently starting watching Dark, a German series, on Netflix. It's got slightly X Files vibes and has time-travel as its main theme. It does have a fair amount of violence and darkness, by way of warning.

how was it? been sitting on my watch list for awhile

As somebody who likes Fantasy/Sci-Fi a lot, I've seen a few movies and series from that genre lately that
I thought were good, but I'll recommend two.

1. Lockwood and Co. (Netflix) -- I don't skip over YA-type shows automatically. I give them a go and see if it sets the
hook and this one did right away. Ruby Stokes plays Lucy and she's the show. A teen ghost whisperer from the
wrong side of the tracks, but it works. The show revolves around an upstart Ghost agency in a London that is
loaded with problem spirits and three brash, young kids decide to make a name for themselves by being the best.

Snappy dialogue, good chemistry between the characters and imaginative and nuance ghostly mysteries kept me '
interested. Quality CGI.

M3GAN -- unrated edition (Peacock) -- Most are somewhat familiar with this flick that seems like it was in theatres
a month ago. I wasn't real fired up after seeing the trailer a few dozen times, but I was pleasantly surprised. It had some
intelligence to the script and it had some clever and hilarious scenes. If you've been in your draft bunker for the last
few months and are unfamiliar, it involves a prototype AI android, M3GAN bonding with a young girl who has tragically lost her
parents. The two become fast BFFs and then the shit, predictably enough, goes bad. However, it does so in some fiendishly
twisted ways. I call it a Sci-Fi film and I thought it was among the better ones I've seen over the last few years. Creepy fun.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but I watched 'Cunk On Earth' last night, and cannot remember the last time I laughed as hard and as long watching another show. I love British humor, and this was right up my alley. All 5 episodes are chock-filled with witty, punny, insightful, and ridiculous takes on historical human 'achievements' and events.

I advise against eating or drinking while watching.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but I watched 'Cunk On Earth' last night, and cannot remember the last time I laughed as hard and as long watching another show. I love British humor, and this was right up my alley. All 5 episodes are chock-filled with witty, punny, insightful, and ridiculous takes on historical human 'achievements' and events.

I advise against eating or drinking while watching.
Spy and The Wrong Man's were also excellent, short-lived British comedies.

Just finished up with Dead to Me. Three seasons, started slow but really picked up. Never thought Christina Applegate got her due as an actress, she was great in this.

Also just watched the first half of Season 4 of You (HIGHLY recommend this one)

Just finished up with Dead to Me. Three seasons, started slow but really picked up. Never thought Christina Applegate got her due as an actress, she was great in this.

Also just watched the first half of Season 4 of You (HIGHLY recommend this one)
She was fantastic in Married With Children

Season 2 of Dark Winds aired yesterday, watching it now. Love Zahn McClarnon. I've seen him in a few shows before this one.

We're currently into season 4 of Justified, wasn't too sure we would like it but we got hooked after the 2nd episode. 6 season all together and they just created another version called Justified: City Primeval that we will watch after we are done with the original series. Timothy Olyphant is a very good actor and makes one helluva deputy US Marshall.

Still here to plug What We Do In The Shadows. If you haven't watched yet, there's more than enough seasons to binge now. The newest season has been great after a bit of a letdown last season.

Love Reacher, binging now. Alan is very easy on the eyes. Yum.

We're currently into season 4 of Justified, wasn't too sure we would like it but we got hooked after the 2nd episode. 6 season all together and they just created another version called Justified: City Primeval that we will watch after we are done with the original series. Timothy Olyphant is a very good actor and makes one helluva deputy US Marshall.
Another show I love. Raylan/Tim is awesome.

Yeah, he’s pretty good.

Labored long over it, but just (now) we finished all four seasons of Jack Ryan. It wasn't what I'd call great because Ryan was too narrowly developed. Something goes wrong, he's told to leave it alone, but he throws them the Italian salute :4321: and heads off and fixes it (of course against impossible odds. Which also affected my ability to suspend disbelief. That aside, I certainly enjoyed it and thought season 4 was very good, the ending especially. I kept waiting for Jenna Fischer to show up but she never did. Anyway, have at it if so inclined. I say worth it.

Cheers

Jane the Virgin is a good, light hearted sitcom. The premise itself is hilarious and the absurd situations continue to compound. I never expected to like it, but it's a nice change of pace.

1883. Recorded all the episodes so I could watch without waiting a week. It was definitely one of the best limited series I've seen in a long time.

Godless on Netflix was another excellent limited series.

Back