What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

Since last Thursday, watched all 30 episodes of Narcos.

Might be the best show ever.

I knew some of the story, but holy shit.

And how they intersperse real video and pictures with the story is amazing.

Since last Thursday, watched all 30 episodes of Narcos.

Might be the best show ever.

I knew some of the story, but holy shit.

And how they intersperse real video and pictures with the story is amazing.

Great news. Narcos Mexico is just as good, if you can get past Felix really isn’t Patrice Bergeron.

View attachment 103786

I just started to semi-binge a show you may have heard of: Star Trek the original show from 1966 on. We were looking at Amazon prime for prime shows, and voila-Star Trek. It's all pretty silly, no Chekov, Sulu is a bit different-but you know, it's so science fictiony. With all our favorites, plus a few from probably only the first season. And one I watched today had the guy who played Lerch on the Adams Family. I guess he was available, because the Adams Family had just ended.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it. You've got your Bones, your Kirk, your vulcan Mr. Spock (Dr. Spock was a child psychologist), Scotty, Uhura, various eye-candy, etc. Spock's done the Vulcan Neck Pinch lol a couple of times. I'm up to about season one, episode 7 or so. Oh yeah, and Mudd's Women.

Just into s3 of last tango in halifax. Don't know where, how to begin.

Most insane mess ever. An elderly couple, from two utterly dysfunctional families get married, creating one gigantic group of insanity, causing an endless string of crises.

Would be impossible for me to list and explain the endless string of disasters.

Maybe someone can have a go at it.

It's a very creative and intense item and Lori and I are enjoying it, we think. :coffee:

Cheers

I've seen it twice and got my wife hooked on it recently for the second go-around. I seldom watch anything (except the Pats) twice, but found that it held up quite well. She loved it and tells all her friends to watch it.

It's an excellent comedy/drama with tons of heart. The Britishness of it was a plus for me with a touch of strangeness in the train-wreck dysfunctional family situations, slightly different language and locations, but it could (and should) be enjoyed by anybody, anywhere, imo.

I'd say it serves as a really good "couples" series and it is quite devoid of the sort of socio-policitical BS common in many American shows. For instance, one of the main characters reveals herself to be a Lesbian and that is handled without any of the predictable Hollywood/NY preachiness and cliche. As a result, the character seems genuine and natural. Every quirky character in the show is believable. Top notch acting and writing.

You don't hear much about this series, but I think it's one of the top ten best things on Netflix.

Currently binge watching Ozark.

It's pretty good. Jason Bateman makes the show. Great actor.

I have not yet checked out the latest season that just dropped, but it hooked me hard. Non-stop pressure from every direction on Bateman and his family.

Whenever Ozark comes up I like to mention that folks need to be a little patient as I found episode 1 so slow-developing that I almost bailed on it. I'm glad I stuck it out.

I have not yet checked out the latest season that just dropped, but it hooked me hard. Non-stop pressure from every direction on Bateman and his family.

Whenever Ozark comes up I like to mention that folks need to be a little patient as I found episode 1 so slow-developing that I almost bailed on it. I'm glad I stuck it out.

Thanks for the advice.

Finished I Am The Night. Excellent!

Now Tiger guy.

Then Ozarks.

I guess there is something we need to talk about during this strange and trying time.

Tiger King.

I, like most people out there, was riveted to the twisted tale of some of the bizarre personalities in this country that keep, train, breed and exhibit big cats, most notably tigers.

For me it was a highly entertaining boost to my self-esteem, because, much like going to Walmart, I came out of the binge feeling pretty good about my life.

There are some fucked-up folks in this world.

At one point during the music video known as "Here, Kitty, Kitty" I just held my sides laughing. The absurdity factor was just way out there.

The series has everything except humans with full sets of teeth.

Being a connoisseur of bad television, I had really high hopes for this show. I don't know what it was about it but 15 minutes into the first episode, I gave up. My wife and son kept watching but I was done and don't have much interest in trying to pick it back up again.

Ray Donavan, started Thursday on to season 3 right now,

Fantastic offering from Showtime. Along with Billions.

Tiger King is a train wreck.

Ozark is amazing.

Narcos: Mexico is great (Season 2, if I'm not mistaken)

Started watching The 100. Someone convince me to keep watching, please. I'm in the middle of episode 7 Season 1.

Being a connoisseur of bad television, I had really high hopes for this show. I don't know what it was about it but 15 minutes into the first episode, I gave up. My wife and son kept watching but I was done and don't have much interest in trying to pick it back up again.

Watched 2 episodes last night. It’s not hooking me either. I’ll fight through the remainder, but it’s not anything I’d really push. I’m not really into reality tv too much. I like Mountain Men. More for the idea of getting away. Building Off the Grid is cool. Naked & Affraid can be entertaining. But any of the societal reality can suck it.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Ray Donavan, started Thursday on to season 3 right now,

Very good show.

I have been re-watching Better Call Saul with my son. He loved Breaking Bad and I had been trying to talk him into BCS forever and with this whole virus thing finally convinced him. He's loving it and honestly I think it's even better the second time around.

I have been re-watching Better Call Saul with my son. He loved Breaking Bad and I had been trying to talk him into BCS forever and with this whole virus thing finally convinced him. He's loving it and honestly I think it's even better the second time around.

Loved Breaking Bad.

Never watched a second of BCS though.

Maybe I should.

Loved Breaking Bad.

Never watched a second of BCS though.

Maybe I should.

You absolutely should. It does an amazing job of setting up the foundation of BB as well as including characters we never saw in BB but you can see how they shaped Saul into the BB character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You absolutely should. It does an amazing job of setting up the foundation of BB as well as including characters we never saw in BB but you can see how they shaped Saul into the BB character.

Alright. I’ll add it

I second this opinion.

I just got caught up with Saul and there is nothing else quite like it. Quirky, funny, smart and unpredictable.

Bob Odenkirk is amazing, but so is just about everybody involved with this show, especially Rhea Seehorn. I'm helplessly hooked. .

I made it into episode 2, but I just didn't find it all that compelling or entertaining, so I quit. I have too much other stuff to catch up on. :shrug:

I made it into episode 2, but I just didn't find it all that compelling or entertaining, so I quit. I have too much other stuff to catch up on. :shrug:

I was close, but pushed through. Episode 5 went pretty dark with Taylor.

It’s a real life collection of carnies, drugs, control, manipulation, and death. Oh yeah, endangered wildlife too.

Insane there’s real folk like this.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Started Saul last night. Much more my wheelhouse. First 2 episodes. Negotiations for broken leg killed me!

Back