What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

Well, I'm only through episode 4, but I can give some idea as to what's going on.

Spoiler alert. I'll put it in quotes so those who want to avoid it can.
Spoiler remarks

More space

If you're still reading and you haven't gotten to where we're at that's on you. 🤣

Thank you so much. I agree about Rebecca wholeheartedly. I wasn't sure about the rocks either I figured I would learn about that in time. I totally agree about the time travel and Royal was like gum smacked in my face but I wasn't sure if I was right LOL. I'm expecting some people or more characters to jump in time as well. The death and the 10 hours my first thought was, really? But then it kind of confirmed my thought about the travel. I agree about Autumn she knows way more than she's giving up to just appear out of nowhere and the way she's reacting, yeah right. I like your comments thank you so much. 💕

Spoiler remarks

More space

If you're still reading and you haven't gotten to where we're at that's on you. 🤣

Thank you so much. I agree about Rebecca wholeheartedly. I wasn't sure about the rocks either I figured I would learn about that in time. I totally agree about the time travel and Royal was like gum smacked in my face but I wasn't sure if I was right LOL. I'm expecting some people or more characters to jump in time as well. The death and the 10 hours my first thought was, really? But then it kind of confirmed my thought about the travel. I agree about Autumn she knows way more than she's giving up to just appear out of nowhere and the way she's reacting, yeah right. I like your comments thank you so much. 💕

My guess is the rocks are the MacGuffin in this tale.

There are spoiler tags you can use. Just put the word spoiler between brackets, and then close it with a /spoiler between brackets.

I think.

Test:

This is an example of a spoiler

Edit: Yup, now a read can decide to reveal the spoiler by clicking the button.

There are spoiler tags you can use. Just put the word spoiler between brackets, and then close it with a /spoiler between brackets.

I think.

Test:

This is an example of a spoiler

Edit: Yup, now a read can decide to reveal the spoiler by clicking the button.
You're brilliant.

In the middle of Outer Range (Amazon Prime) right now.

Very weird, in a good way.

Still not sure what the frack is going on.

I hate to be an expectation manager, but the forecast is for continued weirdness with only occasional glimpses of a more rational resolution on
the horizon. This is one of the most bizarre series I've seen since, say, Twin Peaks.

Rather than gripe about the coherence or lack thereof in the story, I'll mention that the soundtrack is one of the more eclectic mixes I've ever heard.

Ok just saw a few more episodes tonight. Last one ended with the young daughter in the yard looking at the lights on the cop car approaching.

a few guesses, see if i can make this spoiler doohickey work

Autumn is an older version of the young daughter. She’s “come back in time”.

the chemical company (CYR?) is in the time travel buisness, and the rocks with the flecks are the key to it.

Autumn was talking to someone from the company when she said “your only job is to make sure I have enough money.”

time travel makes it easy to make money, and I’m not talking about just sports betting.

time travel has side effects, which is why she needs whatever meds she’s taking.

For me it was The 100. Though I get a little tired of the typical CW network Teen Angst present in this show, I very much enjoy the premise.

Haven't decided if I am going to start watching weekly, or just wait and binge watch the current season.

Before that, it was Jessica Jones, and definitely worth it.

It's been a few years since I binge watched any series (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Wire and others were all great - or I wouldn't have kept watching).

There may not be enough episodes to classify as a binge watch, but I enjoyed watching & rewatching the 3 Ken Burns documentaries that aired in the last year and 1/2 on Ernest Hemmingway, Muhammad Ali and Benjamin Franklin. IMO Burns is uniquely good at telling a thorough story and highlighting interesting details without getting boring.

One thing I didn't know, Jefferson's original text of the Declaration of Independence said, "We hold these truths to be sacred and undeniable that all men are created equal." But, because Franklin was such a popular and respected writer, he was one of the first people Jefferson gave the document to for feedback. Franklin didn't make many edits, but he changed it to "We hold these truths to be self-evident...". One of history's best copyedits.

It's been a few years since I binge watched any series (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Wire and others were all great - or I wouldn't have kept watching).

There may not be enough episodes to classify as a binge watch, but I enjoyed watching & rewatching the 3 Ken Burns documentaries that aired in the last year and 1/2 on Ernest Hemmingway, Muhammad Ali and Benjamin Franklin. IMO Burns is uniquely good at telling a thorough story and highlighting interesting details without getting boring.

One thing I didn't know, Jefferson's original text of the Declaration of Independence said, "We hold these truths to be sacred and undeniable that all men are created equal." But, because Franklin was such a popular and respected writer, he was one of the first people Jefferson gave the document to for feedback. Franklin didn't make many edits, but he changed it to "We hold these truths to be self-evident...". One of history's best copyedits.

Good thing Franklin wasn't a mathematician or he would have suggested "we hold these truths to intuitively obvious to the casual observer" :coffee:

OK, finished up Outer Range last night.

So far no confirmed season 2.

Patting self on back for calling the Autumn = Amy. Even more patting on the back, at the very beginning of the first episode we saw last night, I said to my wife "OK we've got to look at Autumn's forehead and see if she's got a scar."

I think they've got the Emmy for "Most intriguing use of tongue" sowed up.

My timing was off a bit when Amy wandered off at the bull riding. I turned to my wife and said "return of Rebecca in 3, 2, 1... Should have started at 10 and I'd have been spot on.

No idea how Autumn/Amy survived the buffalo stampede.

I suspect Sherriff Hawk's walk was inspierd by a hellride from Zelazny's Amber series or a Silfen path from Hamilton's Commonwealth series.

I'm guessing the pressure cooker at the end was a metaphor, but maybe not.

Loved the use of the billboard.

dark_winds_swimlane-2x3-april19th.jpg
I'm sure many of you are familiar with the late Tony Hillerman's series featuring Leaphorn and Chee as they police the massive Navajo Nation out on the four corners.

They have a tone all their own and all the stories (very good stories) carry the spiritual influence of the Navajo culture. One of the Novels, Dark Winds is the basis for this little
miniseries. Back in the nineties I think, the same novel was done in a film starring Lou Diamond Philips but it was just plain bad. Anyway, Hoping this is much better and successful, as there are a lot more Leaphorn, Chee novels waiting to be licensed.

And a highly recommend the Hillerman novels.

Cheers

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the late Tony Hillerman's series featuring Leaphorn and Chee as they police the massive Navajo Nation out on the four corners.

They have a tone all their own and all the stories (very good stories) carry the spiritual influence of the Navajo culture. One of the Novels, Dark Winds is the basis for this little
miniseries. Back in the nineties I think, the same novel was done in a film starring Lou Diamond Philips but it was just plain bad. Anyway, Hoping this is much better and successful, as there are a lot more Leaphorn, Chee novels waiting to be licensed.

And a highly recommend the Hillerman novels.

Cheers
LDP is kinda a hack imo...

Shit, I thought I was posting the above in the zen thread.

Anyhow, I discovered this effect from watching the Wil Smith series titled Welcome to Earth, so it's just as well. The starfield images in the show
are even better.

Robert Redford is part of this!
Zahn McClarnon(guy on the left) is great. Funny that he's playing a tribal policeman again, it will be at least the 3rd time in a short time he's done that. Longmire(great modern western) and Reservation Dogs(excellent Native American coming of age show) were the other two, but very different characters.

Zahn McClarnon(guy on the left) is great. Funny that he's playing a tribal policeman again, it will be at least the 3rd time in a short time he's done that. Longmire(great modern western) and Reservation Dogs(excellent Native American coming of age show) were the other two, but very different characters.
Huge fan.

Not a show but there's a channel on Youtube called Dust that I'm currently addicted to(there's an App too but it kind of sucks). It's all sci-fi short stories by independent film makers. They are anywhere from just OK to excellent, and most are between 8-20 minutes long. If you're a sci-fan I highly recommend it.

Back