What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

I'm lazily working back through Dexter. Absolutely love pottie mouth Deb. Yesterday, Dex told her that Rita was pregs and deb says "A baby!!! A Motherfucking, Roly-Poly, Chubby cheeked shit machine????

I'm lazily working back through Dexter. Absolutely love pottie mouth Deb. Yesterday, Dex told her that Rita was pregs and deb says "A baby!!! A Motherfucking, Roly-Poly, Chubby cheeked shit machine????
It's a fun watch, but do yourself a favor and skip the final season.

I just finished season 8 for the first time. Awful ending.

I have now started Dexter: New Blood.

But agreed, Deb is my favorite character.

Plugging reality-type shows is not something I would normally do, but there is a series on Netflix called "Love on the Spectrum" that my Wife and I find
both fascinating and addicting. Binge-worthy.

I don't normally watch any sort of dating or marriage reality shows, but this show has a charming element to it in that the participants have little to no
experience with the opposite sex yet are highly motivated to meet somebody that they can love and be loved in turn, despite their unique challenges in life.

It's a show about the human condition and has a certain innocence and honesty about it, because these folks don't really follow a script in life or in the show.

It's maybe a tad voyeuristic, but the payoff comes from seeing somebody who has dealt with social ostracism and loneliness for most of their
lives, since all of them have some form of autism or other cognitive challenges, experiencing the pure excitement of acceptance from a member of
the opposite sex. A chance at romantic love for the first time. That doesn't work out for all of the participants, of course, but it's heart-warming to see,
for instance, the pure fucking triumph of somebody feeling something that they've dreamed of but never experienced happening in front of your
eyes. At times, it's quite beautiful and touching. At others, heart-breaking. Just like real life.

These are people you can really root for. It's solid for couples-watching, too.

Plugging reality-type shows is not something I would normally do, but there is a series on Netflix called "Love on the Spectrum" that my Wife and I find
both fascinating and addicting. Binge-worthy.

I don't normally watch any sort of dating or marriage reality shows, but this show has a charming element to it in that the participants have little to no
experience with the opposite sex yet are highly motivated to meet somebody that they can love and be loved in turn, despite their unique challenges in life.

It's a show about the human condition and has a certain innocence and honesty about it, because these folks don't really follow a script in life or in the show.

It's maybe a tad voyeuristic, but the payoff comes from seeing somebody who has dealt with social ostracism and loneliness for most of their
lives, since all of them have some form of autism or other cognitive challenges, experiencing the pure excitement of acceptance from a member of
the opposite sex. A chance at romantic love for the first time. That doesn't work out for all of the participants, of course, but it's heart-warming to see,
for instance, the pure fucking triumph of somebody feeling something that they've dreamed of but never experienced happening in front of your
eyes. At times, it's quite beautiful and touching. At others, heart-breaking. Just like real life.

These are people you can really root for. It's solid for couples-watching, too.

This one interests me.

My good friend's son is an 8 year old nonverbal autistic boy. For the most part they've a good job to tailoring his environment to his particular needs. Every time i go over there his overall happiness and smile light me up. I love the kid.

My stepdaughter is on the spectrum but far from as severe and absolutely brilliant in so many ways. She does not have poor social skills but she's is quite different than most.

And your description of ostracism and loneliness from being outside of societal norms, yeah I fully get that one having almost never conformed to societal norms, in fact very much reject most them.

I'll check it out.

This one interests me.

My good friend's son is an 8 year old nonverbal autistic boy. For the most part they've a good job to tailoring his environment to his particular needs. Every time i go over there his overall happiness and smile light me up. I love the kid.

My stepdaughter is on the spectrum but far from as severe and absolutely brilliant in so many ways. She does not have poor social skills but she's is quite different than most.

And your description of ostracism and loneliness from being outside of societal norms, yeah I fully get that one having almost never conformed to societal norms, in fact very much reject most them.

I'll check it out.
Indeed. Looked up outlier in the dictionary, and there you were.

Cheers, :coffee:

Indeed. Looked up outlier in the dictionary, and there you were.

Cheers, :coffee:

Thank you for the compliment.

The simple fact that I appear to be the exception to every rule used to piss my ex wife off to no end with her strictly regimented mind which may have something to her German heritage, not entirely sure.

What I do know is she was often furious that I have tendency to defy most classifications, yet still be happy, and often successful with quite far reaching contacts and influence and more.

It wasn't almost a pleasure at times watching her brain melt. Lol

It has not been easy nor without a good deal of difficulty or pain. But it has all been worth it.

Thanks again for the compliment. 😁💖

Thank you for the compliment.

The simple fact that I appear to be the exception to every rule used to piss my ex wife off to no end with her strictly regimented mind which may have something to her German heritage, not entirely sure.

What I do know is she was often furious that I have tendency to defy most classifications, yet still be happy, and often successful with quite far reaching contacts and influence and more.

It wasn't almost a pleasure at times watching her brain melt. Lol

It has not been easy nor without a good deal of difficulty or pain. But it has all been worth it.

Thanks again for the compliment. 😁💖

Are you sure you're not Irish??

Freud himself could not work us out and said, famously about the Irish,

“This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.”

He claimed that the Irish "are a mass of contradictions and impervious to the rational thought processes that might resolve them." :rofl:

Well, expect Metallica's Master Of Puppets to experience a resurgence in popularity. Why? Ask Kate Bush...

Are you sure you're not Irish??

Freud himself could not work us out and said, famously about the Irish,

He claimed that the Irish "are a mass of contradictions and impervious to the rational thought processes that might resolve them." :rofl:

Hahaha. No, not Irish.

Lithuanian and Swedish.

Interesting about the contradictions and being impervious to reason. I've had a good many Irish employees over the years and one of my best friends is 100%. I can see how Freud could come to that conclusion. 😀

I practice almost subconsciously continuous self analysis, reason is in fact the core of my thinking and contradictions? A couple but I don't find many. Pretty much logically consistent to my premises. I find a great deal more contradiction externally. And that is why I have always rejected most social convention. Lol

The honesty of my mere existence gives much of the world fits. 😆

Caught these guys Fishbone at Lollapalooza '94, I think with Tool, Rage Against The Machine, Primus, Alice In Chains and more.

This song "Drunk Schitzo" really struck me. It is a crazy ass tune. At the end the dude asks kind of maniacally, "Am I going crazy or is it the world around me?"

I've put that question to many over the years. The answers are quite fascinating and depending on who you ask their mileage very much varies.

My absolute interegrity to my essence, my premises whch are always tested against reality which is seperate from the man made is quite like a litmus test. My existence and the reactions to it really tell a lot about where folks are with their thinking.

Hell, I've been the center of psychological case studies, no bullshit. One was by one of my ex girlfriends who was my counselor and who was fired from her job because she got involved with me. The case study on me was the a central theme in her thesis for her PhD.

Am I crazy, maybe. But by what standard?

One thing seems for certain either way. I'm great fun at parties. 🥳 🤣 💞✌️

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has 2 words for their entry on the Planet Earth, "Mostly Harmless". Yep, this. Probably should add a heavy dash of, "Significantly consequential".

Your mileage may vary.

Peace. ✌️

View: https://youtu.be/SaPGH4Yd_zc

Last edited:
We just finished the last two episodes of Stranger Things. Woweeee!!!

Hahaha. No, not Irish.

Lithuanian and Swedish.

Interesting about the contradictions and being impervious to reason. I've had a good many Irish employees over the years and one of my best friends is 100%. I can see how Freud could come to that conclusion. 😀

I practice almost subconsciously continuous self analysis, reason is in fact the core of my thinking and contradictions? A couple but I don't find many. Pretty much logically consistent to my premises. I find a great deal more contradiction externally. And that is why I have always rejected most social convention. Lol

The honesty of my mere existence gives much of the world fits. 😆

Caught these guys Fishbone at Lollapalooza '94, I think with Tool, Rage Against The Machine, Primus, Alice In Chains and more.

This song "Drunk Schitzo" really struck me. It is a crazy ass tune. At the end the dude asks kind of maniacally, "Am I going crazy or is it the world around me?"

I've put that question to many over the years. The answers are quite fascinating and depending on who you ask their mileage very much varies.

My absolute interegrity to my essence, my premises whch are always tested against reality which is seperate from the man made is quite like a litmus test. My existence and the reactions to it really tell a lot about where folks are with their thinking.

Hell, I've been the center of psychological case studies, no bullshit. One was by one of my ex girlfriends who was my counselor and who was fired from her job because she got involved with me. The case study on me was the a central theme in her thesis for her PhD.

Am I crazy, maybe. But by what standard?

One thing seems for certain either way. I'm great fun at parties. 🥳 🤣 💞✌️

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has 2 words for their entry on the Planet Earth, "Mostly Harmless". Yep, this. Probably should add a heavy dash of, "Significantly consequential".

Your mileage may vary.

Peace. ✌️

View: https://youtu.be/SaPGH4Yd_zc

A lot of Lithuanians live here, they emigrated here when Eastern Europe opened up and they joined the EU. I also do a lot of business in the country itself. Great people as are all the baltic states. They were horrendously oppressed under the Soviets yet they stood firm and are now forward-thinking independent countries. Lithuanians and Estonians are very good engineers.

The new series isn't nearly as good...

Back