What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

Mrs. JK & I are big Yellowstone fans so we started watching 1883. Four episodes in and I’m liking it but not loving it. Everybody who‘s seen it tells us it gets much better.
I am the opposite, I love 1883 but have yet to watch Yellowstone, though many have told me it is good. There are just soooo many shows on my lists to watch that it just is on the back burner.

Finished Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Overall it's good and I can see why older fans would like this episodic approach. There was some not great parts, but the show has good promise.

I think next is Obi-Wan and then The Boys.

I started the new Resident Evil series on Netflix over the weekend. I think I'm four episodes in and it's been pretty enjoyable so far if you're into that franchise.

Finished Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Overall it's good and I can see why older fans would like this episodic approach. There was some not great parts, but the show has good promise.

I think next is Obi-Wan and then The Boys.
The Boys is much better than Obi-Wan but Obi-Wan also has way fewer episodes so it's probably best to get that out of the way first.

I actually like all of them. Love Picard. Discovery less so. Though I couldn't watch that animated one, it was obnoxious. But I tend to be less critical that most Trekkies.
Which animated one? There's one that's more for kids but Lower Decks has grown on me after watching a few. It turned out to be a lot darker than I thought it would be, like the episode of one of the main character's living out her fantasy of murdering her own mom(the captain) was kind of f'd up lol .... I can see why the real Trekkies don't like it, but I wouldn't call myself that.

I thought the 1st season of Picard was great but they must have used different writers for the 2nd because it was as bad as the 1st was good. Besides the whole going back in time has being done to death with Star Trek, it was done poorly and I thought it was very predictable. And I liked the first season of Discovery too even though it was very different from typical Star Trek, with it being a story instead of an anthology, but the bad acting of Michael wore me down, and it's rare to get through a single episode without at least one person crying that it's become a joke. You could make a drinking game out of it.

The Boys is much better than Obi-Wan but Obi-Wan also has way fewer episodes so it's probably best to get that out of the way first.
Finished Obi. It was fine. About what I expected.

Haven't picked the next show yet. Could be The Boys or Resident Evil. There are also several shows that I have been waiting for end of season to watch like Better Call Saul and The Orville.

Which animated one? There's one that's more for kids but Lower Decks has grown on me after watching a few. It turned out to be a lot darker than I thought it would be, like the episode of one of the main character's living out her fantasy of murdering her own mom(the captain) was kind of f'd up lol .... I can see why the real Trekkies don't like it, but I wouldn't call myself that.

I thought the 1st season of Picard was great but they must have used different writers for the 2nd because it was as bad as the 1st was good. Besides the whole going back in time has being done to death with Star Trek, it was done poorly and I thought it was very predictable. And I liked the first season of Discovery too even though it was very different from typical Star Trek, with it being a story instead of an anthology, but the bad acting of Michael wore me down, and it's rare to get through a single episode without at least one person crying that it's become a joke. You could make a drinking game out of it.
I think it was Lower Decks. I couldn't get through the first episode. Maybe I need to drink first.

The whole TNG cast will be back for season 3, the final season, of Picard.

Mrs. JK & I are big Yellowstone fans so we started watching 1883. Four episodes in and I’m liking it but not loving it. Everybody who‘s seen it tells us it gets much better.
Stick with it, you'll be glad you did.

Since we're talking about some of Taylor Sheridan's shows, anyone watching Mayor of Kingstown? I watched last season and am looking forward to season 2 which should start up this fall.

Bingeing for me is about 9 minutes at a time. I watch my 3 yr old granddaughter 7 days a week. When I turn the TV on she always calls for me. Have to try to make time just to go to the bank or cut the grass. Trying to watch The Old Man and Shorse.

Haven't picked the next show yet. Could be The Boys or Resident Evil. There are also several shows that I have been waiting for end of season to watch like Better Call Saul and The Orville.
Definitely watch The Boys. There's three episodes of BCS left then you can jump on that one. I tried watching the Orville when it first came out but just couldn't get into it. Maybe it got better.

Still ultra slowly re=doing Dexter.

Today Masuka advised the intern:

"In matters of the heart, always follow your dick!"

I love The Orville, easily one of the most underrated shows out there! Not the type of show you would think would bring thought provoking moralistic dilemmas but it does and does it well.

Just finished the first half-season of The Old Man on FX. Very good writing and dialogue. It's about retired spies that worked against the Soviets in early 1980s Afganistan and their actions coming back to haunt them.

The recently I binged the first season and a half of Resident Alien on the Comedy Channel. It's a very funny show about an alien who crash lands and has to disguise himself as a human and lives in a small town in Colorado.

I just finished Barry (about a hitman who stumbles upon a an acting class that is taught by the Fonz) season 3 and strongly recommend it. The first 2 seasons leaned a bit more towards humor, but had a dark undertone. Season 3 embraced the dark side while still having many funny scenes. Highly Recommended.
I loved the first two seasons but couldn't get past one episode of season 3. His girlfriend is just too annoying and self-absorbed.

I love The Orville, easily one of the most underrated shows out there! Not the type of show you would think would bring thought provoking moralistic dilemmas but it does and does it well.
It is very good and you can tell how much love Seth has for Star Trek and especially TNG. He had pitched a version of this show to Paramount or CBS or Viacom or whoever owned the TV rights at the time, and they declined. So he made his own.

To me, Orville is more Star Trek than Discovery is. I also love seeing the ST alumni making appearances and Frakes directing many of the episodes. I haven't watched the new Hulu season yet, but I heard Seth announce that all of the seasons would soon be on Disney+.

I have watched both and 1883 is better! Yellowstone is turning into the Godfather with chaps (although that's fine on date night) while 1883 deals with the challenges of the covered wagon journey. Don't give up on it, 1883 gets pretty intense!

I have watched both and 1883 is better! Yellowstone is turning into the Godfather with chaps (although that's fine on date night) while 1883 deals with the challenges of the covered wagon journey. Don't give up on it, 1883 gets pretty intense!
Jagged little pill was even innit...crazy.

It is very good and you can tell how much love Seth has for Star Trek and especially TNG. He had pitched a version of this show to Paramount or CBS or Viacom or whoever owned the TV rights at the time, and they declined. So he made his own.

To me, Orville is more Star Trek than Discovery is. I also love seeing the ST alumni making appearances and Frakes directing many of the episodes. I haven't watched the new Hulu season yet, but I heard Seth announce that all of the seasons would soon be on Disney+.
This season has been good, and the cool thing is the episodes are all at least a solid hour, some longer.

I agree with Mr. Hopkins review and his assessment of all the actors…“Anthony Hopkins’s letter to Bryan Cranston after watching #BreakingBad”

Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season — to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (Idownloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.
I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular — absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department — casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone — Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada — everyone — everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.

3E8DC0B3-CC23-493D-97B4-06C7827B6AD8.jpeg

Back