What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

I agree with Mr. Hopkins review and his assessment of all the actors…“Anthony Hopkins’s letter to Bryan Cranston after watching #BreakingBad”

Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season — to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (Idownloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.
I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular — absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department — casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone — Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada — everyone — everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.

View attachment 11503
I initially wrote Breaking Bad off since I couldn't stand Malcolm in the Middle. That show was garbage...

I initially wrote Breaking Bad off since I couldn't stand Malcolm in the Middle. That show was garbage...

I knew this younger pedophile cat from LA in prison years ago who had a thing for Malcolm. Pictures all over his wall and shit.

I have yet to be able to watch Malcolm in the Middle because of that piece of shit.

Pedos are the lowest of the low imo...

They absolutely fucking are.

I've always thought about it like this, ya murder someone the pain ends there. A pedophile has just begun the pain inflicted.

Pieces of absolute shit.

It is very good and you can tell how much love Seth has for Star Trek and especially TNG. He had pitched a version of this show to Paramount or CBS or Viacom or whoever owned the TV rights at the time, and they declined. So he made his own.

To me, Orville is more Star Trek than Discovery is. I also love seeing the ST alumni making appearances and Frakes directing many of the episodes. I haven't watched the new Hulu season yet, but I heard Seth announce that all of the seasons would soon be on Disney+.

I really enjoyed the previous two seasons of the Orville and pimped it to numerous people. I thought it was clever, funny and, as you said, shows a great reverence for Star Trek, which is something that I appreciate.

However, I feel like the present season was preachy and humorless. I didn't even bother watching the last episode because I felt the entertainment value has been completely ruined by McFarlane's desire to make "socially conscious" crap in the exact same way as every other series on mainstream TV. The tranny episode revolving around Bortus' kid seemed like it would never end. Really? Gender issues in space?

Moving on to something else.

I really enjoyed the previous two seasons of the Orville and pimped it to numerous people. I thought it was clever, funny and, as you said, shows a great reverence for Star Trek, which is something that I appreciate.

However, I feel like the present season was preachy and humorless. I didn't even bother watching the last episode because I felt the entertainment value has been completely ruined by McFarlane's desire to make "socially conscious" crap in the exact same way as every other series on mainstream TV. The tranny episode revolving around Bortus' kid seemed like it would never end. Really? Gender issues in space?

Moving on to something else.
Oh I don't know. One of the very first episodes of Season 1 dealt with forced gender assignment of Bortus's kid and Seth is doing what the original Star Trek did - addressing social issues of the time. The original series is full of examples of dealing with racism and all kind of relevant social issues that Roddenberry never would have been able to get away with on any other type of show. TNG did this as well often. To me, that is part of what made them quintessentially Star Trek.

That being said, I haven't seen season 3 yet as I am doing a full re-watch and just started season one last night, so I can't speak yet to what changes may have happened.

I didn't even bother watching the last episode.....
What UT said and for what it's worth the latest episode was amazing, like movie quality amazing with the action and CGI. It's part of the overall story arc, well written, and easily the best of the season and maybe the series, but to each their own ;)

Oh I don't know. One of the very first episodes of Season 1 dealt with forced gender assignment of Bortus's kid and Seth is doing what the original Star Trek did - addressing social issues of the time. The original series is full of examples of dealing with racism and all kind of relevant social issues that Roddenberry never would have been able to get away with on any other type of show. TNG did this as well often. To me, that is part of what made them quintessentially Star Trek.

That being said, I haven't seen season 3 yet as I am doing a full re-watch and just started season one last night, so I can't speak yet to what changes may have happened.
This is absolutely one of my favorite shows of all times. I am a Trekie and it does give that same feels.

To me it has a little bit of everything and the entire family loves it. I'm already excited for the next season. I plan on rewatching the 1st season.

At the start of the final episode.

The Lincoln L:awyer, 10 Episodes.Manuel Garcia-Rulfo as Mickey Haller

Plotting is typical (meaning excellent) Connelly. Pairing David e. Kelly with Connelly at least on the face of it seems a natural.

I am way out of touch with current actors so Garcia-Rulfo was unknown to me. He's known now. Excellent actor. Whole cast is good.

No spoilers here, but really have enjoyed it straight through.

Netflix has already committed to season 2, so that s good.

After reading through the last two pages of this thread, I realized that I am more of an oddball than I thought because I not only haven't watched any of the shows mentioned, I also haven't heard of many of them.

Anyhow, the last time I can recall binging on a show was when I watched the first season of Storage Wars. Even though I know much of it is probably staged, it was worth it to me because I think it would be fun to bid on a storage unit and then dig through it to see what I bought . . . which is also the last thing I need to do as I already have visions of my children someday renting dumpsters, opening windows, and playing . . . let's see how fast we can get rid of mom's clutter.

I also learned something from one episode when Barry found vintage glasses for chickens. Never knew there was such a thing and a search showed me that you can still purchase them on Amazon, although they look rather chintzy in comparison to the ones made years ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xQD5G10W4U&t=1s

We're on the last 2 episodes of Stranger Things season 4, I've really enjoyed it and even managed to get my wife to watch it and we've already made plans on when to watch the final 2 hour and 30 minute episode, it's gonna be epic!

We also watched a short series called Keep Breathing on Netflix, I wasn't that impressed with it but the wife thought it was ok. Also finished up the 1st season of The Old Man, really enjoyed that show and am looking forward to season 2.

Last edited:
I'm trying really hard to find a new show but seem to be striking out. I tried Frontier, Umbrella Academy, and Cowboy Bebop but didn't make it more than a couple episodes on any of them. I did watch the new Resident Evil series on Netflix though and really enjoyed that one. I know it got some pretty bad reviews but I thought it was good. It's too bad that it probably won't get a second season because of those reviews.

I am a pretty major Neil Gaiman fan so I've been enjoying "The Sandman" on Netflix.
Ended up streaming that in pretty much one day. Good stuff.

Started the last season of Better Call Saul and caught up yesterday. While doing stuff around the house, I threw on Breaking Bad from the beginning and well...I guess I am now re-watching that again.

Ended up streaming that in pretty much one day. Good stuff.

Started the last season of Better Call Saul and caught up yesterday. While doing stuff around the house, I threw on Breaking Bad from the beginning and well...I guess I am now re-watching that again.
I will be watching Breaking Bad again once I'm done with Saul. Bob O as Saul is masterful in both shows.

Back