What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

I (once again) recently watched 'China Beach' (which I own on DVD)--if you've never watched it, it is truly magnificent. Setting is primarily Vietnam, with the story of the conflict mostly told by and seen through the eyes of the nurses at the Five&Dime (510th evac hospital near Da Nang). So many outstanding actors--and the writing is outstanding as well. I watched it when it was on TV in the 80's, but it really resonates and hits me much harder all these years later. May be able to find it through your local library, as it is not streaming or available on any network, as far as I know. This is probably my favorite TV show of all time, with 'The Americans' running second.

Am in the middle of re-watching 'Dark Shadows' (own this set also), which was a favorite of most kids in the late 60's. At 1200 or so episodes, it takes some dedication, but I am really enjoying it. Using a 'live on tape' method, many things did go wrong, and actors flubbed lines with regularity, but the show feels more like a play than a network show. Dan Curtis also directed the actors to bring over-the-top performances to the action. Love that many of the stories are influenced by the Brontes, Shakespeare, and other classics with that gothic romance vibe.
When I was a kid my best friends uncle was the guy who played the ghost of Jeremiah Collins and I guess he did a couple of hand model jobs in the series. He used to come over around halloween and scare the crap out of a bunch of us kids. It helped that my friend lived right next to a cemetery. Brushes with greatness. Good times and thanks for the reminder.

We are down to our last 2 episodes of The Last Kingdom, after Vikings I didn't think anything could beat it but this one is right up there with it. After doing a little search I found out that they are making a movie based on the series called 7 Kings must Die and will have a lot of the same characters as TLK. New season of Vikings Valhalla coming up in January so all is not lost.
I loved TLK, but it's one of the most depressing shows I ever watched. Just one horrible thing after another.

Any love for Wednesday in here? I didn't expect much from it but it was a very entertaining whodunnit, and not the kiddie/family show I thought it might be. Jenna Ortega(Wednesday) is adorable, and she pulled off the dry morbid humor very well, very underrated performance(so far). I think we're going to be seeing her name pop up a lot more, she has a bright future.

Any love for Wednesday in here? I didn't expect much from it but it was a very entertaining whodunnit, and not the kiddie/family show I thought it might be. Jenna Ortega(Wednesday) is adorable, and she pulled off the dry morbid humor very well, very underrated performance(so far). I think we're going to be seeing her name pop up a lot more, she has a bright future.
My entire household.

Binging Alice In Borderland season 2. If you like Squid Games this something like it.

When I was a kid my best friends uncle was the guy who played the ghost of Jeremiah Collins and I guess he did a couple of hand model jobs in the series. He used to come over around halloween and scare the crap out of a bunch of us kids. It helped that my friend lived right next to a cemetery. Brushes with greatness. Good times and thanks for the reminder.
Just watched an episode with Jeremiah's ghost featured, and caught the actor's name in credits--Timothy Gordon. He was always wrapped up in gauze so his face was hidden, and his left eye bulged from its orbit. Hope he never used that costume to scare you :oops:

The Feed off of Amazon Prime , if you have it, had us dropping things to watch it. We watched three in a row before getting up.

Another show which is very bingeable is 'Happy Valley', and its third and final season will be shown on AMC+ soon. Seasons 1&2 are currently running on Netflix. I love Sarah Lancashire, and she is supported by a very strong cast and outstanding writing.

I'll add 'Luther' to the mix as well. I love shows from England/Britain/Australia--they really know how to create and develop great stories and characters.

Chuck was a fun show, and I expect it would hold up. I'm a fan of Levi, Baldwin, and Strahovsky, and it walked a fun balance of not taking itself too seriously.

Another show which is very bingeable is 'Happy Valley', and its third and final season will be shown on AMC+ soon. Seasons 1&2 are currently running on Netflix. I love Sarah Lancashire, and she is supported by a very strong cast and outstanding writing.

I'll add 'Luther' to the mix as well. I love shows from England/Britain/Australia--they really know how to create and develop great stories and characters.

So do I and yes, they do. I haven't seen either of the shows you mention, but am looking for a Brit series to start. Thanks.

Some of the better ones my wife and I have enjoyed that are crime oriented are Scott and Bailey, Shetland and Vigil. All are recommended
to anybody who can handle some dark and twisted in order to see quality entertainment.

Just watched the first episode of That Dirty Black Bag on AMC. I really liked Dominic Cooper in Preacher so I was excited to see that he was in another show but not excited enough to pay for AMC Plus. They just started showing it on regular AMC so I set it to record. I really enjoyed the first episode. Hopefully they keep it going. 🤞

For some reason, I never watched The Wire when it originally aired. I am just starting season 4.

I like this show very much unless something epic occurs in seasons 4 or 5, it's not better than The Sopranos or Breaking Bad. (BTW, if something epic DOES happen, no need to tip me off to it)

Back