What would make Brady's pinkhats turn on him?

One of the most toxic things about Boston fans and media is how they perversely turn on a player if they leave. The Red Sox were notorious for trashing a guy via media puppets on their way out, it was disgusting.

Fans who denigrate the QB who brought 6 rings to the Patriots, can go eat garbage because they are garbage Patriot fans.

Meh. I trashed him at the time of the 2019 playoff game. He was clearly throwing the game, assuming he cared either way who won the game...

One of the most toxic things about Boston fans and media is how they perversely turn on a player if they leave. The Red Sox were notorious for trashing a guy via media puppets on their way out, it was disgusting.

Fans who denigrate the QB who brought 6 rings to the Patriots, can go eat garbage because they are garbage Patriot fans.

Many a Boston player have received standing ovations when returning on an opposing team. Hell, Boston threw Ray Bourque a friggin' parade after he won a cup with the Avs. Brady is such a unique case and how him and BB are linked, and people felt compelled to pick a side I guess. And that was mostly propelled by media as a whole, including social media, not just local. There's other factors too of course, like turning into a diva which never flies here. Talking to the Dolphins about his future while still on the Pats and allegedly mailing in that season didn't help his cause either. People definitely started turning on him before he left. Tom's dad predicted the breakup would be bad and he was spot on, and it spread into the fan base.

The Red Sox thing has happened on a few occasions for sure, can't argue that, most notably with Francona. They did him dirty.

Many a Boston player have received standing ovations when returning on an opposing team. Hell, Boston threw Ray Bourque a friggin' parade after he won a cup with the Avs. Brady is such a unique case and how him and BB are linked, and people felt compelled to pick a side I guess. And that was mostly propelled by media as a whole, including social media, not just local. There's other factors too of course, like turning into a diva which never flies here. Talking to the Dolphins about his future while still on the Pats and allegedly mailing in that season didn't help his cause either. People definitely started turning on him before he left. Tom's dad predicted the breakup would be bad and he was spot on, and it spread into the fan base.

The Red Sox thing has happened on a few occasions for sure, can't argue that, most notably with Francona. They did him dirty.
I don't denigrate Brady generally. But this...throwing (or absolutely not GAF about one) isn't something I'm willing to just mentally sweep under the rug. And I'm not sure why any of us should, never mind as some bizarre litmus test of fandom.

I try to judge players and coaches by the good and the bad. I appreciate what we were fortunate enough to have had with Brady and Belichick teamed up (with amazing leaders like Tedy, Troy, Vince, Slater, DMac, and so many others) for two decades, but I'm not going to ignore bullshit like this, either.

Worse are the jackass “Patriots” fans who support a guy who checked out before his contract was up, who was trying to join the Dolphins while still a Patriot.

GTFOOH.

They’re always fat fucking cretins too.
“Fawk Brady” - raspy smoker voice.

Being a Shitty fan of laundry-and-that’s-it is a whole vibe.

Many a Boston player have received standing ovations when returning on an opposing team. Hell, Boston threw Ray Bourque a friggin' parade after he won a cup with the Avs.

I was at Opening Day at Fenway after they won it in 2007. Bill Buckner got a HUGE standing ovation. Pretty cool moment.

Don't call me a pink hat, but I'd prolly turn on Brady if Mazz refused to stop picketing for him right in front of my house.

Back