What's everyone making for New Year's Eve?

Alk

Reaction score
So what's on the menu? Things are going to be a lot different around our house but we're still going to have a small group of our core friends and family over for dinner since it's been tradition for as long as I can remember. I wasn't feeling very creative this year so I'm going to make up some chicken cordon bleu with whiskey glazed carrots. I'm leaving the desert and other sides to the rest of the guests. I'm going to make up three different kinds of mules to have on hand too and as usual will have a full arsenal of microbrews to try.

So what's on the menu? Things are going to be a lot different around our house but we're still going to have a small group of our core friends and family over for dinner since it's been tradition for as long as I can remember. I wasn't feeling very creative this year so I'm going to make up some chicken cordon bleu with whiskey glazed carrots. I'm leaving the desert and other sides to the rest of the guests. I'm going to make up three different kinds of mules to have on hand too and as usual will have a full arsenal of microbrews to try.

Sounds like great fun, Alk! Have a blast :celebrate:

I'll be braising some beef plate ribs (longer short ribs) in bone stock and red wine along with some root veggies. I'll serve it on a bed of sticky carnaroli risotto with wild rice mixed in for textural contrast. A simple caprese salad with an aged thick balsamic vinegar drizzle. Perfect for the fam. :toast:

We always get take out Chinese New Year's eve. New Year's day we typically make Julia Childs Beef Wellington recipe, but we have not yet started marinating the tenderloin so that will be postponed.

Not sure what else yet, but we are starting with bacon wrapped scallops.
My daughter won't eat pork, so for xmas we used turkey bacon to wrap the scallops. It wasn't bad at all. less grease and crispy

Probably some chicken wings and homemade pizza tomorrow

Last edited:
Just me and the wife this year. Gonna grill a couple ribeyes, roasted cauliflower, twice baked potatoes and she's making a poke cake(chocolate with caramel drizzle, cool whip frosting and Heath bar crumbles on top) for dessert.

I'll probably be asleep by 10:30.

As usual, will bring in enough Chinese food to feed a small army. A few game and hours of Twilight Zone is a peaceful way to ring out this shitstorm of a year. And yeah, will flip over to watch the ball drop... and wonder how the hell Donnie Whalberg grabbed that trophy wife..

Happy New Year all.

Not really, just hanging with my best friend who fucked me all up emotionally last night, who knew JL had emotions, lol. Picking up Chinese food and getting really messed up listening to music and stuff til the countdown to end this horrific year.

Not really, just hanging with my best friend who fucked me all up emotionally last night, who knew JL had emotions, lol. Picking up Chinese food and getting really messed up listening to music and stuff til the countdown to end this horrific year.
Dude, half the stuff you say makes me feel like you are telling us only half the story! 😄

Just don’t listen to the Smiths tonight. I like having you around here.

Back