What's for dinner?

I don't know if the temp has to be that high. Here's an article on the subject.

And tips for encrusting steak here

Not sure what dinner is tonight. I saw chicken defrosting in the fridge earlier so I am guessing that.

The better half (80%?) is off for the summer now so weekday meal quality picks up with me mostly out of the equation.

Fish and chips lol love a splurge every now and then. Cod not haddock this time but I can go either way.

~Dee~

Not sure what dinner is tonight. I saw chicken defrosting in the fridge earlier so I am guessing that.

The better half (80%?) is off for the summer now so weekday meal quality picks up with me mostly out of the equation.
LOL. It was NOT chicken!

It was Hungry Howies pizza.

That I was sent to pick up.

Pork tenderloin kebabs with a Fattoush salad and home made tzatziki

Pretty close to mine. I've been craving middle eastern food lately and dusted some chicken with a
"moroccan" spice combo, grilled it and made a yogurt, mint, garlic and cilantro dressing that was almost a taziki
and served it with a salad.

There are some good bottled dressings out there, but home made tastes cleaner, better and doesn't have
any ingredients that are hard to pronounce.

Last night I made Steak Fingers, juicy tender filet beef marinated in a tangy homemade buttermilk dressing, deep fried with a light crispy Japanese rice flour coating (tempura).
I added Chinese 5 spice to a Korean BBQ sauce for even more of an Asian flair for one dipping sauce and made a semi-spicy Alabama White BBQ sauce as a 2nd dipping sauce.
The fam loved the Asian infusion of my Southern cooking roots.

Last night I made Steak Fingers, juicy tender filet beef marinated in a tangy homemade buttermilk dressing, deep fried with a light crispy Japanese rice flour coating (tempura).
I added Chinese 5 spice to a Korean BBQ sauce for even more of an Asian flair for one dipping sauce and made a semi-spicy Alabama White BBQ sauce as a 2nd dipping sauce.
The fam loved the Asian infusion of my Southern cooking roots.

I regularly buy bags of "asian fusion" tips from a really good local meat market. They are consistently tender and juicy. I met a chef from S. Carolina there buying some and he told me he can't figure out exactly how they do them and they won't give him the recipe, so he brings them back home by the case whenever he is up here. there is definitely some 5 spice involved, but even
though they are tasty as is, I might try your white sauce concept with them. Great idea. I did some smoked pulled pork nachos recently and drizzling some white sauce over them was key. My guests ate every last bit.

Also, I hate to buy milk because it usually goes bad in a few days before I can use it up, but buttermilk lasts much longer and is useful, among other things, for making a salad dressing by
mashing up some quality blue cheese with it along with some salt, pepper, minced garlic and a dash of worcestershire. Simple, fast and better than store bought.

I made grilled Tandoori shrimp (with Face 0% yogurt, EVOO, curry and assorted spices as a marinade) over jasmati rice with stir-fry veggies. My wife
loved the recipe, but didn't remember that I've made it at least a half-dozen times, so I'm not sure what that says.

I made grilled Tandoori shrimp (with Face 0% yogurt, EVOO, curry and assorted spices as a marinade) over jasmati rice with stir-fry veggies. My wife
loved the recipe, but didn't remember that I've made it at least a half-dozen times, so I'm not sure what that says.
My hubby does the same thing when I make Chicken Piccata with lemon sauce no capers he does like them. Every time I make he raves how delicious it is but never remembers I’ve made it before lol.

~Dee~

My hubby does the same thing when I make Chicken Piccata with lemon sauce no capers he does like them. Every time I make he raves how delicious it is but never remembers I’ve made it before lol.

~Dee~
Maybe it is best that we hear only that it is delicious and don't worry about the rest of it. ;)

I do about 95% of the cooking around here and I believe that I remember what I've made way better than she does
because I'm the one that decides what to serve, gets it all together and cooks it properly while trying to keep it healthy
and seasonally varied. There is a ton more effort and thinking required than when you just sit down and start eating, so
it stands to reason we'd remember it better. Eating well doesn't happen by accident.

I figure it's my own damn fault for spoiling her rotten, but I have earned a rep for being a pretty decent chef, so it's not like it's a complete
waste, although if she doesn't at least say something like "this is good" during a meal then I start wondering about that.

Back