What's for dinner?

Maybe it is best that we hear only that it is delicious and don't worry about the rest of it. ;)

I do about 95% of the cooking around here and I believe that I remember what I've made way better than she does
because I'm the one that decides what to serve, gets it all together and cooks it properly while trying to keep it healthy
and seasonally varied. There is a ton more effort and thinking required than when you just sit down and start eating, so
it stands to reason we'd remember it better. Eating well doesn't happen by accident.

I figure it's my own damn fault for spoiling her rotten, but I have earned a rep for being a pretty decent chef, so it's not like it's a complete
waste, although if she doesn't at least say something like "this is good" during a meal then I start wondering about that.
Sounds about right lol. Although hubby took up cooking a while ago and made some incredible food he doesn’t really do much cooking anymore....

~Dee~

Tonight was Hubby and my 39th anniversary..... our 3 year old and 11 year old granddaughters had a dance recital... right down the road from our favorite steak house lol.... so no cooking. Enjoy 😊

~Dee~

Happy Anniversary and yes same day a few years after!

~Dee~

Happy anniversary to you two. ❤️

My anniversary is on the 4th of July and I celebrate my liberty from that disaster every year. This year I'm going down the Saco River in Maine for 3 days, stopping each night and camping and grilling and stuff. :)

My ex-wife is a Harvard-educated lawyer and accountant. She's freaking brilliant but holds some very bad perspectives on things.

We got married on Flagstaff Mountain in Boulder, Colorado when we went there for a philosophy conference in '98.

Good time, bad relationship.

Wedding 2 001.jpg

My anniversary is on the 4th of July and I celebrate my liberty from that disaster every year. This year I'm going down the Saco River in Maine for 3 days, stopping each night and camping and grilling and stuff. :)

My ex-wife is a Harvard-educated lawyer and accountant. She's freaking brilliant but holds some very bad perspectives on things.

We got married on Flagstaff Mountain in Boulder, Colorado when we went there for a philosophy conference in '98.

View attachment 4735

I did that about a half dozen times with a group of friends. It's a good time and a beautiful river although I wouldn't advise staying on Fiddlehead on a weekend night in the summer. Not if you want to get any actual sleep. It's basically Burning Man backwoods style. I have tons of stories about those trips.

I like to tell people about the day I ended up solo in the supply canoe for a 12-craft flotilla (we were a benevolent naval power). I had the boom box and coolers and it was a perfect
summer day. So perfect that a nice breeze was coming down river behind us the whole way. I figured out how to tilt the bow up and it formed a sail. I made a padded recliner out of the stern and all I had to do was DJ and occasionally stick a paddle in to adjust course. It was so fun and relaxing that I reached the Saco alpha state. Enjoy yourself and please let me know how it went.

Tonight was Hubby and my 39th anniversary..... our 3 year old and 11 year old granddaughters had a dance recital... right down the road from our favorite steak house lol.... so no cooking. Enjoy 😊

~Dee~
That's just awesome. Hope it went perfectly.

(Lori and I look forward to 50 in January)

Cheers

View attachment 4735
We honeymooned in Maine lol.

~Dee~

Filet mignon au poivre with a brandy cream sauce, baked potato and roasted broccoli

be careful with your flambé :D

Attachments

• flambe.jpg
    flambe.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 10
We honeymooned in Maine lol.

~Dee~
we honeymooned in Derry NH in the house we bought a month before the wedding. Calling it a fixer upper would be a stretch. Day after the wedding we were in the crawl space under it tearing out the furnace, which really needed to be done, seeing as it was November. So romantic LOL. We were happy and it was what we wanted. We spent the gift money from the wedding on that furnace.

we honeymooned in Derry NH in the house we bought a month before the wedding. Calling it a fixer upper would be a stretch. Day after the wedding we were in the crawl space under it tearing out the furnace, which really needed to be done, seeing as it was November. So romantic LOL. We were happy and it was what we wanted. We spent the gift money from the wedding on that furnace.
Lol love it and sounds about right.

~Dee~

I used to do all of the cooking but have hit a serious rut. Our oldest son is home from college for the summer and is an obnoxiously healthy eater. He literally wants a breakdown of everything that goes into every meal that I make before shooting it down and our younger son is on the opposite end of the spectrum. He's just picky and won't eat anything if it doesn't come out of a box. I have checked out for the summer. :ROFLMAO:

Back