What's for dinner?

Oh sorry that was breakfast :D dinner is reverse seared Tri Tip with local corn and TBD

Attachments

• breakfast.jpg
    breakfast.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 3
F37D1F6E-28AA-4A93-A520-93F8033BD191.jpeg
This is what you call a five and a dime. It consist of Fried chicken breast, smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, fried egg, biscuit, and it’s covered in sausage gravy. You can get this at Maple Street biscuit company. I usually eat two a month… To keep my carbs down sometimes I just eat half a biscuit. 🙂

View attachment 11996
This is what you call a five and a dime. It consist of Fried chicken breast, smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, fried egg, biscuit, and it’s covered in sausage gravy. You can get this at Maple Street biscuit company. I usually eat two a month… To keep my carbs down sometimes I just eat half a biscuit. 🙂
Did they fist it?

Slightly off topic, but this thread seems the best place to put it.

Anyone else seen those Tovala adds on TV where you "scan it and it cooks the dinner" and weep for the future of humanity?

Are these people so incompetent, lazy, or have so much disposable income, that they can't bother to or can't cook a fickin meal for themselves?

Heaven forbid they read something on a box and set the temperature and timer for themselves.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the humanity! that's soooooooooooooooooo hard to do!"

:barf:

Slightly off topic, but this thread seems the best place to put it.

Anyone else seen those Tovala adds on TV where you "scan it and it cooks the dinner" and weep for the future of humanity?

Are these people so incompetent, lazy, or have so much disposable income, that they can't bother to or can't cook a fickin meal for themselves?

Heaven forbid they read something on a box and set the temperature and timer for themselves.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the humanity! that's soooooooooooooooooo hard to do!"

:barf:
I've never heard of it but I'm not a fan of any of the "easy" cooking contraptions. My wife bought an instapot. I let her cook in it about twice and I banished it to the basement. Now we have an air fryer. It's better but still pretty worthless in my book. My son uses it for all the frozen garbage that he eats after he turns his nose up at whatever I cooked.

I've never heard of it but I'm not a fan of any of the "easy" cooking contraptions. My wife bought an instapot. I let her cook in it about twice and I banished it to the basement. Now we have an air fryer. It's better but still pretty worthless in my book. My son uses it for all the frozen garbage that he eats after he turns his nose up at whatever I cooked.
Air fryer?

go look at post 276 and you’ll see my answer to air fryers.

Instapots have their place...

View attachment 11996

That's real comfort food in the South. Delicious & satisfying.

I'll serve Mahi Mahi (Dolphin fish) grilled on the cue finished with an ez Piccata sauce (butter, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, slices and juice with white wine and reduced) for Saturday night's dinner. No recipe needed; just do it as you prefer.

k%2FPhoto%2FRecipes%2F2019-08-how-to-cook-mahi-mahi%2F2019-07-15_Kitchn77423_How-To-Make-Mahi-Mahi

I've never heard of it but I'm not a fan of any of the "easy" cooking contraptions. My wife bought an instapot. I let her cook in it about twice and I banished it to the basement. Now we have an air fryer. It's better but still pretty worthless in my book. My son uses it for all the frozen garbage that he eats after he turns his
nose up at whatever I cooked.
You "let her" and then you "banshished it". I thought that you that you lived in the Mid West, not the Mid East.
Can't get my smilies to work.

Back