What's your go-to show or movie when you're feeling down?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
You've probably watched it at least a dozen times...

If Shawshank is on tv I always gotta sit down and watch.

Dumb and Dumber as well.

Office Space is a movie I will never get tired of.

On my 40th birthday I took way too much XTC and got really sick.

I layed on the couch for 8 hours with head in my incredible mom's lap for about 8 hours and watched endless episodes of Boston Legal. That was my go to for a long time and still is at times. Also 24 and Millenium.

Also, I tend to watch old sitcom episodes when I go to bed at night and some of my go tos there are Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon.
Frazier is a good go to bed show. David Hyde Pierce is hilarious.

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas, Requiem For A Dream, LA Confidential, True Romance, Pink Floyd's The Wall, The Postman, Gran Torino, Old School, Wedding Crashers, Sling Blade, Bad Santa...

I lean to comedies as my go to's.
I'll quadruple up on My Cousin Vinny and Office Space.
I'll add When Harry Met Sally, Blazing Saddles, Airplane, Some Like It Hot, The Graduate, Forrest Gump, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and MASH ('70).

I'll quadruple up on My Cousin Vinny and Office Space.
I'll add When Harry Met Sally, Blazing Saddles, Airplane, Some Like It Hot, The Graduate, Forrest Gump, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and MASH ('70).

I'm with ya on Forrest Gump, heavily. I have never for some reason been able to get into the original MASH movie.

Not when i'm feeling down per se, but i tend to like a lot of movies that are sort of more "dark" meaning no happy conclusion. underrated is "Blue Valentine"

I loved the first season of 24 and the 2nd season of Millenium for exactly that reason. Shocking endings that you don't expect in a world of movies and shows that all end up well. My mom hated for the same reason I loved em. She's a Hallmark Channel woman. ;lol.

My go to show I've watched more times than I know is The Office. Friday Night Lights, Gilmore Girls, and One Tree Hill as well but not as much as the office.

Movies always Billy Madison, Big Daddy, 80s movies Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Summer Rental, Summer School (I feel like I am the only one that knows this one lol)

With all the true crime documentaries I need something to balance me lol

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

My go to show I've watched more times than I know is The Office. Friday Night Lights, Gilmore Girls, and One Tree Hill as well but not as much as the office.

Movies always Billy Madison, Big Daddy, 80s movies Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, Summer Rental, Summer School (I feel like I am the only one that knows this one lol)

With all the true crime documentaries I need something to balance me lol

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Oh, good call on Breakfast Club and Summer School. Yes, I know that one well. Early Mark Harmon. :)

Pretty much any Mel Brooks movies but specifically:
Blazing Saddles
Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Airplane

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad world (I may or may not have had enough or too many mads).

Back