Where do you get get your daily news?

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
i don't do any daily news at all. if i am checking into something i've heard or read, i look at various places. usually i search with duck duck go and read articles from various sites. there have been things i wanted to be true that aren't, so i fight that tendency. for example, i was sent an email from a friend about a bill a leftist politician proposed in tx. her ascribed comments were outrageously stupid at face value as serious reasons for the bill. after some searching, i found that a comedian had satirized the bill and those comments were his, acting as her quotes. i did let my friend know that.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't do daily nor network news of any sort. I strayed from that during the election, flipping between all the channels I can stream, but my interest died off after a week or two.

Now when I seek news it's just through random online news aggregators.

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
Variety of sources. I try to search using DuckDuckGo on topics of interest and that will usually yield more than one source. I avoid the national media as much as I can. Under no circumstance do I click on CNN. The rest of them... ABC, Fox or CBS maybe... sometimes. I won't search news with Google ever. Or much else for that matter.
I subscribe to Boston Globe, hate them but my daughter works there and I like to see her work. I do enjoy trolling the lefties in the comment section however. And make no mistake... they are ALL lefties.
Also subscribe to WSJ. I dropped NYT sub last year, they stopped being a newspaper and became a woke advocacy site. Newsmax, local publications all come up in searches. Local newspapers and local TV stations are ok, I just avoid their pieces on national news. For instance, CH 5 Boston is just a CNN alt. MassLive.com is interesting.

Essentially the key is to search with your own curiosity and look for multiple options to read on any issue. I avoid Apple News compilations and major media because basically someone else decides what you see. It's very easy to identify people that just swallow what they are fed by the so-called mainstream press. As noted I will look at some of that but I always look elsewhere for the rest of the story. Fake news is often "incomplete news" where those outfits report only what supports their agenda but omits facts that might undermine them.

Lastly, anyone who gets their news on FB or Twitter.... well... no words needed. God help you.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I think a lot of people search until they get things that agree with them, and then use those news sources. Its not hard to find out if something is true or not or if something is from just one page and nowhere else. A lot of news pages are for entertainment purposes only and basically offer a opposite view of everything. If you think the entire world is plotting against you, you can probably find a news source that will tell you its true.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Variety of sources. I try to search using DuckDuckGo on topics of interest and that will usually yield more than one source. I avoid the national media as much as I can. Under no circumstance do I click on CNN. The rest of them... ABC, Fox or CBS maybe... sometimes. I won't search news with Google ever. Or much else for that matter.
I subscribe to Boston Globe, hate them but my daughter works there and I like to see her work. I do enjoy trolling the lefties in the comment section however. And make no mistake... they are ALL lefties.
Also subscribe to WSJ. I dropped NYT sub last year, they stopped being a newspaper and became a woke advocacy site. Newsmax, local publications all come up in searches. Local newspapers and local TV stations are ok, I just avoid their pieces on national news. For instance, CH 5 Boston is just a CNN alt. MassLive.com is interesting.

Essentially the key is to search with your own curiosity and look for multiple options to read on any issue. I avoid Apple News compilations and major media because basically someone else decides what you see. It's very easy to identify people that just swallow what they are fed by the so-called mainstream press. As noted I will look at some of that but I always look elsewhere for the rest of the story. Fake news is often "incomplete news" where those outfits report only what supports their agenda but omits facts that might undermine them.

Lastly, anyone who gets their news on FB or Twitter.... well... no words needed. God help you.
Great response.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Local News stations, both sides of the political spectrum 24/7 news pages, newspapers, etc. I don't believe news based on a single story from a single site. There has to be 3-4 at least stories that are similar before I might believe them.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
I use a news aggregators like Whatfinger or search engines like DuckDuckGo. I hardly watch Fox anymore other than Tucker Carlson and absolutely stay away from CNN and MSDNC. I don't watch any of my local news other than for the weather.

foobahl

Reaction score
I use a news aggregators like Whatfinger or search engines like DuckDuckGo. I hardly watch Fox anymore other than Tucker Carlson and absolutely stay away from CNN and MSDNC. I don't watch any of my local news other than for the weather.
I like whatfinger but I always go to Townhall first. Townhall is an opinion site, but most of the stories have the sources in them, allowing the reader to decide if they agree with the opinion.

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
Goodness, I was not even thinking about TV news in my response! Yeah we turned that shit off a long time ago. I hardly watch TV at all, except for sports. My wife likes Tucker Carlson but doesn't watch it much anymore. I don't even use TV for weather, hell you can get that off the net easily.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
I like whatfinger but I always go to Townhall first. Townhall is an opinion site, but most of the stories have the sources in them, allowing the reader to decide if they agree with the opinion.
I like Townhall as well, they replaced ABC news with Townhall on the radio stations I listen too, for obvious reasons.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
It all depends on who you're following...I know many credible sources on both.

Mostly I watch YT channels that I follow. I have already vetted them out, so they're legit.

Also a few blogs too.

Big/Sky/Fly

Reaction score
I watch TV so rarely, it's mostly for NFL season and a few shows like The Simpsons, hotrod shows, AMC when their decent shows are on (Better Call Saul, etc.). All TV/cable/mass media news is hogwash.

Big/Sky/Fly

Reaction score

DuckDuckGo is fairly good. It still hits snags with the FUCT checking BS propaganda, but, it's usually better than Google. Google does have it's place for a few things though.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't get opinion from Twitter, but twitter can be an excellent source for fast breaking news and links to legitimate news. I don't think of twitter as a source but as yet another aggregator.