• Starbucks

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Cumberland Farms or other convenience store

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • McDonalds (or BK I guess)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Gourmet Donuts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like Thomas, I ONLY use a French Press for my coffee you heathen!

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters
I have nothing against Starbucks, but they are generic (and expensive for what they serve). I'll go there as a last resort.

I get my coffee from a local roaster and grind/brew my own at home (no french press yet, but soon...). When I'm out and about, I almost always hit the local coffee shops no matter where I'm at.

I find Starbucks coffee to be bland and nothing special. Some of their specialty drinks are OK (ie. Flat White), but insanely overpriced.

When I'm visiting family in Maine and RI we usually hit up DD's.

We don't have any up here and Starbucks just pisses me off any more so I try and stay away from that place.

I get my coffee at home, Silverhook Coffee's Kodiak blend.

Strictly home brew for me. Setup the coffeemaker the night before, it's ready when I wake up. I figure it might add up to 25 cents per pot. Also, coffee is free at work.

I've never understood the idea of waiting in line to pay $3-$5 for a cup of coffee. I figure I save about $1000/year.

But I guess someone has to support the economy.

This exactly

I used to buy the cheapest coffee imaginable when I was married. When I was a kid I used to have Taster's Choice with cream and sugar and dunk toast in it.

I have a nice coffee espresso machine, a cheap one from DeLonghi but it does the trick. I grind Illy or Lavazza coffee beans and it works a treat. Easy to make cappuccinos with it as well.

If I'm buying, I'll try and choose an Italian restaurant, it's normally the best you can find. Fortunately there's a lot of good Italian places in Dublin. Starbucks gets a bad rap. It's not the best, but it's not the worst either.

Other. Plum Island Coffee Roasters, Newburyport (PICR)

Two roasts plus a decaf every day. Reasonable $2 to fill my 20 oz travel mug. Nice cozy table area with fireplace, lots of windows and light right on the Merrimack. Outside seating. Wifi. Lots of doggies. (They are welcomed). Excellent coffee. Excellent pastries and sandwiches. Get regular grind and french press for home. All recently roasted, Love it.

plumislandcoffee.com/

Cheers, BostonTim

Look into getting a Moka Express. It's an amazing little thing and brews coffee like it should be brewed. :)

What size mug does it brew?

When I have coffee I like a LOT of coffee.

Have a Keurig. F that! Dixie cup size. Pisses me off BEFORE I drink it!

French Press for me anytime it's convenient.

Otherwise Dunkies but only plain coffee.

Hate Starbucks' burned taste.

Look into getting a Moka Express. It's an amazing little thing and brews coffee like it should be brewed. :)

I was going to ask whomever already had french presses for examples of what they use, but this looks interesting. Would you recommend this over a press?

My cousin actually got me one of these about twenty years ago when he was stationed in Europe, but it's long been lost to history (and I never used it because there were no instructions.....and no Internet, lol).

French Press for me anytime it's convenient.

Otherwise Dunkies but only plain coffee.

Hate Starbucks' burned taste.

Some Dunkin Donuts don't know how to make they're own coffee properly. Have you ever notice that? I actually stay away from a particular one that never gives me a good cup of coffee.

Some Dunkin Donuts don't know how to make they're own coffee properly. Have you ever notice that? I actually stay away from a particular one that never gives me a good cup of coffee.

Yeah, they don't have the same consistency as they had years back. I think they've gotten too big. These days, I'm just as likely to go to McDonalds and get a large coffee for a buck.

What size mug does it brew?

When I have coffee I like a LOT of coffee.

Have a Keurig. F that! Dixie cup size. Pisses me off BEFORE I drink it!

You can get various sizes. The biggest I have brews 6 cups of espresso in a single brewing. If you need more coffee than that, I think something is not right.

It does take some work to make a cup of coffee, but it's worth it. My mornings are better for having this ritual built in.

Back