Where would you go if you could time travel?

Tim Osman was his real name.

signs summerblockbusters GIF by Sony Movie Channel

Good question. I'd like to go back about 70 million years, and observe Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, and other dinosaurs living in the Cretaceous Period, of course in a way where I'd never be in danger. And also, I'd like to go back about 500,000 years ago, to observe early humans, and how they lived. Again, in a way where I'd never be in danger. I'd also like to be around when the 1912 Red Sox won the World Series. And, I'd love to watch Babe Ruth competing with the Red Sox, and Yankees.

A remote control for life would be pretty useful...

I think if I remember right Adam Sandler did a movie on this topic, Christopher Walken may have been in it, don't remember.

Very interesting concept.

I would go back to yesterday around 4 in the afternoon to find out what I did with my truck keys.
Haha but you might also consider going back to 2011 or so and buy a chunk of bitcoin for pennies and then you could pay cash for a slew of fully stocked truck dealerships of your choice, along with as many extra keys as needed. :)

Initially I would probably go back in time only a few minutes until I felt confident that I could get back. I might only go back further in very small increments. Suppose you go back to look at dinosaurs and can't get back? In any case I am not sure what the sensation of reliving the previous two minutes would be like exactly: would I have agency or would I just be reliving exactly what I had thought and done before? Would I even be aware that I had gone back two minutes? There must be science fiction works that have pursued this topic, but I don't generally read science fiction.

As for going forward, I would have a similar concern. How can I be sure I could get back?

If I only had one trip I'd do what a few of you have said and go into the far future and see what the ultimate fate of humanity is.

But, if I could go on multiple trips I'd go back and watch historical events that interest me. I'm a huge news nerd and while this might seem morbid I'd go back to see huge news events in the past. Things like go to Omaha Beach and watch the landings there on D-Day, go to Hitler's bunker and watch his final days (although I'd have to learn German obviously) Go back to New York 20 years ago and witness 9/11 live. I'm really weird in that I'm fascinated by extreme situations and disasters. Not because I enjoy seeing people die, but because I'm drawn to how people react in extreme situations like that.

Yeah, I know. I'm a weirdo.

If I only had one trip I'd do what a few of you have said and go into the far future and see what the ultimate fate of humanity is.

But, if I could go on multiple trips I'd go back and watch historical events that interest me. I'm a huge news nerd and while this might seem morbid I'd go back to see huge news events in the past. Things like go to Omaha Beach and watch the landings there on D-Day, go to Hitler's bunker and watch his final days (although I'd have to learn German obviously) Go back to New York 20 years ago and witness 9/11 live. I'm really weird in that I'm fascinated by extreme situations and disasters. Not because I enjoy seeing people die, but because I'm drawn to how people react in extreme situations like that.

Yeah, I know. I'm a weirdo.

I understand and the reactions are certainly worthy of thought. I am more interested, however in the causes of such tragedies as 9/11 so as to stop them from recurring. The reactions do fall in line with my understanding that ideas move a man and the world.

Good thought.

And on a poignant and characteristically humorous end, Douglas Adams lays out the end of all worlds with his singular wit in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. :)

83146340_280919706652298_6656842124796038279_n.jpg

Back