Which is worse, losing AFC Championship or losing Superbowl?

Which is worse, losing AFC Championship or losing Superbowl?

• Losing the AFC Chamionship is WORSE

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Losing the Superbowl is WORSE

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Thomas144/zombies/ban Gomezcat

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
Whoa, let's back up a bit.

You told me never to reply to one of your posts. So, am I correct in assuming that you have changed your mind?

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I just want to be sure that I am doing the right thing before I get into answering your question.

Oh yes, please answer. Would LOVE your take on Frick and Frack and the pill popper.

I voted for the zombies. Losing sux. Period.
I hate losing, it is tough to throw a game of checker to a 4 year old.

I still see this as a "would you rather" question and I would rather be in the Super Bowl and lose as opposed to not being in it at all.
I would rather win the AFCCG and be in the SuperBowl with a chance, be it ever so slight (see greatest show on turf), than not get to go to the dance.

Ask the Bills this one... :coffee:

so to take you logic to its conclusion, you wish you were a browns fan? when the bills were going to 4 sb the pats went 1-15, 6-10, 2-14, and 5-11....the bills had it better.

Superbowl dude.

But this one would have been reversed. Cuz we COULD HAVE/SHOULD HAVE beat Denver. No one is touching Carolina so I wouldn't have felt that bad, like the NYG ones.

so to take you logic to its conclusion, you wish you were a browns fan? when the bills were going to 4 sb the pats went 1-15, 6-10, 2-14, and 5-11....the bills had it better.

Personally, I would take the losing seasons over being a team that lost four straight Super Bowls.

If you lose in the AFCCG you don't have a chance to win the Super Bowl. Every team starts the season with one goal in mind. Let's get to the big game. That's the goal. So to say it's better to lose right before the big game doesn't seem to make sense. Take it from a fan of a team that has lost more then they have won. It's always better to at least make it there and give yourself a chance. Not to mention, a team that goes to the SB gives their fans another 2 weeks of awesomeness.

Well lets put it this way, if Manning loses again, this will make 1-3 in superbowls...now what will be remembered worse, Brady losing in the afc title game, or that? I still get arguments every day that Montana is better because he is 4-0 in superbowls and Brady is 4-2.

Well lets put it this way, if Manning loses again, this will make 1-3 in superbowls...now what will be remembered worse, Brady losing in the afc title game, or that? I still get arguments every day that Montana is better because he is 4-0 in superbowls and Brady is 4-2.

For ManninHGH another SB loss goes right along with his 9 record one and done's and record number of playoff losses at 13 that would then become 14. Really even a SB win does not do a ton for him. He can say has two rings and got the second because of defense that literally won in spite of him with his worst QB ranking this season. It kind of is what it is. No one will see him as a "winner" if he wins just the luckiest QB in history to hitch its wagon to a great defense and if he loses it just goes with the narrative that he is a loser on the big stage which had already been confirmed years ago. That is why Newton is getting all the attention this past week. The NFL has already moved on from ManninHGH.

For ManninHGH another SB loss goes right along with his 9 record one and done's and record number of playoff losses at 13 that would then become 14. Really even a SB win does not do a ton for him. He can say has two rings and got the second because of defense that literally won in spite of him with his worst QB ranking this season. It kind of is what it is. No one will see him as a "winner" if he wins just the luckiest QB in history to hitch its wagon to a great defense and if he loses it just goes with the narrative that he is a loser on the big stage which had already been confirmed years ago. That is why Newton is getting all the attention this past week. The NFL has already moved on from ManninHGH.

If you don't think a 2nd ring will change much, watch the sports media for awhile after the Superbowl if it happens.

Losing the superbowl is the worst kind of pain, as far as losing games go IMO...it absolutely sucks ass.

Agree 100%. I always say I rather lose the AFCCG than the SB. Unfortunately, we've lost too many of both in the last 8 years. FORTUNATELY we've been in a ton of both types of games lately, and I feel quite fortunate being a Pat's fan, in that they seem to be in one of the games every year. Not many teams can say that.

Agree 100%. I always say I rather lose the AFCCG than the SB. Unfortunately, we've lost too many of both in the last 8 years. FORTUNATELY we've been in a ton of both types of games lately, and I feel quite fortunate being a Pat's fan, in that they seem to be in one of the games every year. Not many teams can say that.

Also won more of those games than anyone. There are about 31 other teams that would love to have been to 6 superbowls and lost 2, or been to 10 afc title games and lost 4.

Oh yes, please answer. Would LOVE your take on Frick and Frack and the pill popper.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.

I'm happy to know that you are open to corresponding with me again. Thank you!

Now, to answer your question.

I really haven't given a lot of thought to Grigson and Pagano, but it sure doesn't sound like they have a healthy relationship. That's not good.

Although I don't know much, I would think that the best way to run a team is when the powers that be can all come together to address any needs and then come to conclusions that are mutually acceptable.

However, I'm thinking that Grigson is too much a control freak for that to happen and that Irsay has too often allowed him to have that total control. Again, that's not good.

As for that bridge, I don't plan on jumping at any time and especially not over something as trivial as an NFL team.

Since you said that you were asking an honest question which I take to mean that you were being sincere as I don't know how one could ask a dishonest question, I hope that you weren't also being sincere in saying that you would want to jump off a bridge if you were a fan of the Colts.

If you were, I pray that you can find the courage to turn around and walk away from any suffering that you may encounter in your life before taking that jump.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.

I'm happy to know that you are open to corresponding with me again. Thank you!

Now, to answer your question.

I really haven't given a lot of thought to Grigson and Pagano, but it sure doesn't sound like they have a healthy relationship. That's not good.

Although I don't know much, I would think that the best way to run a team is when the powers that be can all come together to address any needs and then come to conclusions that are mutually acceptable.

However, I'm thinking that Grigson is too much a control freak for that to happen and that Irsay has too often allowed him to have that total control. Again, that's not good.

As for that bridge, I don't plan on jumping at any time and especially not over something as trivial as an NFL team.

Since you said that you were asking an honest question which I take to mean that you were being sincere as I don't know how one could ask a dishonest question, I hope that you weren't also being sincere in saying that you would want to jump off a bridge if you were a fan of the Colts.

If you were, I pray that you can find the courage to turn around and walk away from any suffering that you may encounter in your life before taking that jump.

Thanks for your response. I would imagine that is how most feel. Seems head scratching that Irsay would have kept them both. The media reported all year that the relationship was toxic and on top Grigson seems clueless as a GM. I think Pagano is decent but not a championship caliber HC by any means but perhaps with a better GM, he could have more success. It seems to me as an outsider looking in that Irsay was lazy and did not want to put in the effort to find a new GM and/or HC. And that is the part that prompted my saying "I would want to jump off a bridge" comment not to be taken literally but more an expression of the frustration of an owner that perhaps just does not care.

I do wonder in all of this what Andrew Luck has to be thinking. He will be in his final year of the rookie contract this season and I would think the Colts would then franchise him after that if they cannot work out a deal but I wonder if he wants out of Indy altogether. He took such a beating last year and there is little hope that things will change going forward.

I hate losing, it is tough to throw a game of checker to a 4 year old.

I would rather win the AFCCG and be in the SuperBowl with a chance, be it ever so slight (see greatest show on turf), than not get to go to the dance.
man all you need is a chance. I rather lose the last game of the season than sit at home wonder what IF.

man all you need is a chance. I rather lose the last game of the season than sit at home wonder what IF.

I tell you this. If Ninko would of pulled that strip fumble in the beginning. And score 7. I'm pretty sure if our OLine can block for even 2 seconds. We would of won 35-10

Back