Which would you rather?

Which would you rather?

• Posts continue to be screened before being posted

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Open forum back up, but start restricting access to rule offenders.

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I can’t see the poll on Tapatalk, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Two options.

• Posts continue to be screened before being posted
  • Open forum back up, but start restricting access to rule offenders.
If you can't vote, feel free to pm your choice.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
A warning prior to the restrictions would also be a good idea, make it 1 or however many you deem necessary.

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
A warning prior to the restrictions would also be a good idea, make it 1 or however many you deem necessary.
Thanks. There is a built in warning system that I have never looked at. I will look into utilizing it should we switch.

Last edited:

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Switching requires an impartial moderator. As I have stated privately and publicly, you struggle in this regard. I know you disagree.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
Switching requires an impartial moderator. As I have stated privately and publicly, you struggle in this regard. I know you disagree.
The previous board had an incredibly biased moderator and that’s why you went unbanned while several posters, far less, inflammatory, like TipRoast were banned.

The board should be dissolved before we go back to anything like that.

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I know we disagree on that, and I feel I have a good grasp of the why's.

I don't think there is such a thing as truly impartial. People are people with feelings that affect decisions. I feel I am as impartial as you'll see though. I really don't care all that much about politics.

At the end of the day, with new moderators or without, it's my money paying for this site and taking the risks associated with that. New moderation would need to be aligned with that.

I reiterate. I don't care about anyone's politics. I just want a clean forum aligned with our philosophy. Let me remind everyone what that is.... Posted Jan 1, 2008.

Patriots planet is a community. A place to have fun while talking about the Patriots or nearly anything else. We are not interested in being the largest Patriots forum (though we actually were for a little while). We are not interested in flame wars (but if you are, we have a forum for it called the Assclown Asylum.) That is not to say serious discussion is not allowed. There are plenty of thoughtful threads about both football and non-football subjects.

What we are interested in is entertainment. Most of the returning members stay here because it is fun. There is plenty of football conversation and a lot of sarcasm and jokes. We welcome anyone with similar tastes, Patriots fan or not.

If you come here to troll or to start trouble, we will wash our hands of you quickly. This is a private board, there is no right to free speech. The board is generally run by the community and not by the moderators.

This is the philosophy the board was founded on.

It is time the political forum was in line with it.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
The previous board had an incredibly biased moderator and that’s why you went unbanned while several posters, far less, inflammatory, like TipRoast were banned.

The board should be dissolved before we go back to anything like that.
Mikie and I did not see eye to eye on many things yet I went unbanned. Tip and I do not agree on politics yet we get along just fine.

You presume to know things you do not.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
Mikie and I did not see eye to eye on many things yet I went unbanned. Tip and I do not agree on politics yet we get along just fine.

You presume to know things you do not.
I know that, ultimately, you were far more inflammatory than certain other posters that were banned and that the reason you skated was ultimately your political preferences.

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I would rather not turn this into a discussion of the past nor talk about people that aren't here.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
I know that, ultimately, you were far more inflammatory than certain other posters that were banned and that the reason you skated was ultimately your political preferences.
You have zero room to talk but really, this is not the thread for that discussion.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
I would rather not turn this into a discussion of the past nor talk about people that aren't here.
You could have censored the post that started this off shoot. It clearly did not belong. It was cutting and insulting.

This one:

But you didn't and this is great example of my point regarding moderation.

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Noted and I probably would not have allowed it, or it would still be sitting in the queue. I have a post from each of you in there now in other threads.

I had considered opening up the forum before posting this thread, so in the spirit of that I let it through.

Keep in mind in general, you only see the posts of yours that are rejected, and you don't see all the ones from the 'other side' that are also rejected.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
Fine, just wanted to specify that even if someone deems you biased (which I completely disagree with) that any proposed solution would likely make it much worse rather than better.