Who could have known

Bill is sub .500 without Brady. One could easily make the case that Brady won in spite of Bill's philosophy because everyone else has sucked playing in it for any length of time.

It is also worth mentioning since Brady won in year one with a GM that actually gets it and knows how to build a great team in the cap era that Brady would have won MORE elsewhere.
Football IS the ultimate team sport.
If you look at the last 3 SB wins for TFB, the defense had as much,or more, to do to those wins as the Brady run offense.
And the defenses were built by the GM's. TFB had nothing to do with that.

Football IS the ultimate team sport.
If you look at the last 3 SB wins for TFB, the defense had as much,or more, to do to those wins as the Brady run offense.
And the defenses were built by the GM's. TFB had nothing to do with that.
Lol. You do realize only Pats fans cling to this nonsense now?

5-13 and Brady steps on the field and SB champs. Then it happens again with him at age 43. 7-9 team, he steps on the field Super Bowl champs. New team, new conference, Covid year.

You can talk about Bill's philosophy all you want but it has sucked when he has not had the Goat. He is an organizational transformational player.

5-13 and Brady steps on the field and SB champs. Then it happens again with him at age 43. 7-9 team, he steps on the field Super Bowl champs. New team, new conference, Covid year.

You can talk about Bill's philosophy all you want but it has sucked when he has not had the Goat. He is an organizational transformational player.

You know nothing or are just trolling now. A horrible look on you.

You don't watch the games,do you.
No one,including you, appreciates more what Tom did for my Patriots or what a great player he has been.
But I do look at facts. I do look at the entire football team as how they are comprised.
I don't have a teenage crush on Tom which allows me to look at things objectively.

Last edited:
You don't watch the games,do you.
No one,including you, appreciates more what Tom did for my Patriots or what a great player he has been.
But I do look at facts. I do look at the entire football team as how they are comprised.
I don't have a teenage crush on Tom which allows me to look at things objectively.
I watched them for 20 years with Tom and then last year with Tampa. He is the difference maker. He transcends the environment and culture and brings the championship belief.

Bill is sub .500 without Brady. One could easily make the case that Brady won in spite of Bill's philosophy because everyone else has sucked playing in it for any length of time.

It is also worth mentioning since Brady won in year one with a GM that actually gets it and knows how to build a great team in the cap era that Brady would have won MORE elsewhere.

This might be the dumbest take I’ve ever read.

Mazz truly believes only one player is responsible for winning.
This is so friggin’ tiresome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I watched them for 20 years with Tom and then last year with Tampa. He is the difference maker. He transcends the environment and culture and brings the championship belief.

Ah, so she’s one of those non-fans who never watched the Patriots pre-Brady.

Explains a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey, you over there beyond the wall breaking bubbles in the hall, can you feel me, hey you with your ear against the wall waiting for someone to call out, would you touch me?

This has been her stance on Brady from the beginning of this debacle of a debate and has doubled down on sack masters such as Chandler Jones and Trey Flowers. This is her belief in its entirety. She believes individual players make the team and has nothing to do with management.

I'm not gonna get political here but this is just more of your BS view from your proletariat, anti-creator high-horse as well.

It is obvious, neither of you have built nor run a business nor ever understood the value of those that created it. I feel bad for you bosses.

I can tell you without equivocation that my employees have always needed my mind and creation far more than I needed their skill and sweat. Most could not conceive of nor create what I did and most, even those who had the ability had little interest in that level of thought, effort, and work.

A great boss always takes care of his best employees as it is in his best interest in achieving his personal self-interested goals which help all involved until they become a fly in the ointment and that is exactly what happened here.

Everyone gives Brady credit for building himself into the GOAT and he was in the perfect position to do so here, that position was created by the mind of Bill Belichick and it looks like he is doing it once again with another but more prepared find in Mac Jones.

Understanding nothing about the nature of the real world seems to be of value to you as you run around unapologetically spewing your unrealistic crap, most with a horrible agenda behind it.

I will say this though with full confidence. If Brady was not our Qb, Bill would have continued to be sub .500 and fired either in 2001 or 2002.

I will say this though with full confidence. If Brady was not our Qb, Bill would have continued to be sub .500 and fired either in 2001 or 2002.
Welp, this year should prove your theory one way or the other. I of course disagree with the above, but it would be silly to debate it as it can't be proven.

I'm betting they are above 500 this year. Book it.

Welp, this year should prove your theory one way or the other. I of course disagree with the above, but it would be silly to debate it as it can't be proven.

I'm betting they are above 500 this year. Book it.
We have 8+ seasons of sub .500 with 2 different teams. It will take more than one decent season to change that

Those years are completely irrelevant. It was a different time, a different team, and prior to free agency. The only reason to use those years is to support the narrative that Belichick isn't a good coach, or to show a losing record without Brady.

Those Cleveland years are meaningless for a real comparison to what Belichick is doing now.

It was easier to build a team and coach it prior to the Cap and FA. It's interesting you accuse me of using it to bolster my argument yet it was 5 seasons he coached and you want to throw it out because it hurts your position.

He has 3+ seasons in NE too of sub .500.

Bringing the Browns into this is bizarre. He took an absolute basement dweller and turned them into a contender in a few year (without the benefit of the salary cap) before having the rug pulled out from under him by the owner. It was widely considered a highly successful coaching tenure.

That said, I agree that the 2001 team was sub-500 with Bledsoe at QB for a number of reasons - where actual quality of play at QB is further down the list than you might think. He did go 11-5 with friggin' Matt Cassell at QB, though.

Back