Who do you want to play round one of the playoffs?

Who do you want to play round one of the playoffs?

• Bills

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Cincy

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • KC

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Doesn't really matter what order. I want the Pats to go deep, so they're going to have to beat the best teams anyway. That said, I hope somewhere along the line we play the Bills.

Maybe we should be answering from BB's pov.
Who would BB prefer to play first? I'll have to give that some thought. I will say that Cincy is probably our worst match up.

Throwing a game to get a preferred opponent in the playoffs has been done countless times in the NFL according to Polian on SiriusXM this am. He discussed it at length and saw nothing wrong with it. He admitted doing it himself. He also sees nothing wrong with resting players no matter how angry another club might get at you if letting your opponent win knocked the other club out of the playoffs. He said his clubs did that multiple times. He said he always believed in doing what was best for your team and your fans.

Last edited:
Who would BB prefer to play first? I'll have to give that some thought. I will say that Cincy is probably our worst match up.

Throwing a game to get a preferred opponent in the playoffs has been done countless times in the NFL according to Polian on SiriusXM this am. He discussed it at length and saw nothing wrong with it. He admitted doing it himself. He also sees nothing wrong with resting players no matter how angry another club might get at you if letting your opponent win knocked the other club out of the playoffs. He said his clubs did that multiple times. He said he always believed in doing what was best for your team and your fans.
i absolutely hate both but i get it.
still remember fisher and dungy colluding to throw a game that pushed RAC's 10-6 browns team out. that said...teams that don't handle their own business to get in get what they deserve. including the 02 and 08 pats. and think there was a year bb basically conceded to mia at the end of the year to get a certain matchup.

Pats going to Buff with their air of over-confidence and running down their throats again while stifling Allen with exotic looks would be a thing of absolute beauty.

hard to say. I think KC would be the toughest match up due to their experience in playoffs and that offense (although I would hope Mahommes would toss up some bad pics)
Cincy might the team most likely to choke in the playoffs, and if they rest this week maybe some rust sets in. I don't think KC or Buff can rest anyone unless they are way ahead, or Buff sees us losing big to fins

i absolutely hate both but i get it.
still remember fisher and dungy colluding to throw a game that pushed RAC's 10-6 browns team out. that said...teams that don't handle their own business to get in get what they deserve. including the 02 and 08 pats. and think there was a year bb basically conceded to mia at the end of the year to get a certain matchup.

Polian actually mentioned that, like him, BB had done it in the past. He didn't say which game but I remember that too.

It’s funny you referenced Polian because on MNF P. Manning was talking about that & without saying names he said he doesn’t like it at because, & I’m paraphrasing, it gets you out of the flow of things & you lose momentum. I don’t think Manning liked it when Polian would order Dungy & Caldwell to sit guys.

hard to say. I think KC would be the toughest match up due to their experience in playoffs and that offense (although I would hope Mahommes would toss up some bad pics)
Cincy might the team most likely to choke in the playoffs, and if they rest this week maybe some rust sets in. I don't think KC or Buff can rest anyone unless they are way ahead, or Buff sees us losing big to fins

BB knows how to defend KC bc he knows the team from playing them several times recently.
He also knows the Colts and Bills. Same reasoning.
The one team he doesn't know well is Cincy and they are more explosive than KC. We're also down a CB or 2. That's why I said Cincy is our worst match up.

It’s funny you referenced Polian because on MNF P. Manning was talking about that & without saying names he said he doesn’t like it at because, & I’m paraphrasing, it gets you out of the flow of things & you lose momentum. I don’t think Manning liked it when Polian would order Dungy & Caldwell to sit guys.
iirc manning seemed pissed the one time when the colts were like 13-0 and they benched their starters for playoffs....though it was gross how polian allowed peypey etc. to "start" and threw cheap gimmee passes so they could get records. that part is bullshit. either bench them or play.

BB knows how to defend KC bc he knows the team from playing them several times recently.
He also knows the Colts and Bills. Same reasoning.
The one team he doesn't know well is Cincy and they are more explosive than KC. We're also down a CB or 2. That's why I said Cincy is our worst match up.
I'm kinda counting on Cincy still doing "Cincy things" (at least until the prove otherwise) and choke it away. I don't like the match up otherwise.
as for defending KC, seems like early in the game he can flummox them, but eventually the catch on and can score quick.

iirc manning seemed pissed the one time when the colts were like 13-0 and they benched their starters for playoffs....though it was gross how polian allowed peypey etc. to "start" and threw cheap gimmee passes so they could get records. that part is bullshit. either bench them or play.
I guess Polian is viewed as a good GM but he seemed to me like a micro managing dick.

I guess Polian is viewed as a good GM but he seemed to me like a micro managing dick.
yes he was good...but that said, i wouldn't want any part of him. too inflexible imo, and too concerned with appearances. plus i hate what he did to the game rules wise. oddly all of it benefitted his team's type of play.🙄

I'm kinda counting on Cincy still doing "Cincy things" (at least until the prove otherwise) and choke it away. I don't like the match up otherwise.
as for defending KC, seems like early in the game he can flummox them, but eventually the catch on and can score quick.
We’ll see. Marvin Lewis isn’t there anymore & BDE Joe Burrow sure isn’t Andy Dalton.

Back