Who Here Has Actually PLAYED Football?

oldbagfan

No touchy
Reaction score
Just curious. Some folks here seem very knowledgeable about the game of football - others, not so much - but I would be interested to know if anybody here actually played football themselves. I don't mean back yard stuff or pony league, but maybe HS and certainly college. If so, what position? I have watched football for a zillion years, but never played. As any athlete can tell you, watching and DOING give totally different understanding of the game.

They didn't even HAVE football at my HS because some kid got killed one year, so they went straight soccer only. College team was a total joke - only the grubby drooling guys from the jock frat were on the team. So cheerleading was as close as I got to the field. (I was captain, natch >) )

But I would love to hear from anyone who did play (not with themselves).

Anybody?

Just curious. Some folks here seem very knowledgeable about the game of football - others, not so much - but I would be interested to know if anybody here actually played football themselves. I don't mean back yard stuff or pony league, but maybe HS and certainly college. If so, what position? I have watched football for a zillion years, but never played. As any athlete can tell you, watching and DOING give totally different understanding of the game.

They didn't even HAVE football at my HS because some kid got killed one year, so they went straight soccer only. College team was a total joke - only the grubby drooling guys from the jock frat were on the team. So cheerleading was as close as I got to the field. (I was captain, natch >) )

Anybody?

I didn't play beyond junior high. Had a real shot with baseball and didn't want to fuk it up.

High school. Guard, fullback, tightend, linebacker. Not all at once.

I dabbled in HS. Played (and I use that term loosely) S and RB. But only got my letter playing contain on ST's.

I played sandlot pickup ball for a neighborhood team we formed in Boston as a mid-teenager

I had very good hands and caught anything that was thrown at me in try-outs and hoped to play TE

but they thought I was too slow/fat/dumb so they played me mostly at Left Out

my good hands did help me a lot though in later life :Ohbaby:

Anybody?

I once scored 3 TDs in a game for Polke high.

I played through high school. Mostly wideout and safety (a lot of us played both ways), but some corner, flanker, and punt return play earlier on.

"a lot of us played both ways"

Yeah already knew that about colt fans.

I played fullback all through junior high, and part of my freshman year of high school, until I injured my back, got away from it, and never went back.

Played all 4 years in high school. 1 season in college,Div III, before I got kicked out.

Coached HS for 2 years,DL & OL, plus I taped hundreds of ankles.

Edit: The most talented players that I played against was at Ft. Benning Ga. Several units had their own teams. I was not good enough to even be considered for the base team.

I had one of those vibrating football table games, the damn guys kept turning around and running in circles... you'd have to jam a foam football between his legs I think that messed up his running.. I tried to adjust the little guys with no luck..

HS & College OT/DE in HS. OT in College (DIII).

Anybody?

But you must have listened to "backseat classics" with a football player or 2 or 3? Not all at once, not implying that. :cool:

HS & College OT/DE in HS. OT in College (DIII).
I thought all OTs were dumb as stumps :shrug: :Lecture:

light.jpg

matt_light.jpg

Tappen2.JPG

Back