Who is going to London in October?

bsaeagle64

Reaction score
Any one else from PP going to London in October to watch the Patriots play at Wembley Stadium?

I was hoping that I could combine a work trip with the game, but I am not sure how that looks atm.

The next few months will see!

Sadly, if I was able to make it to London, I might be too busy seeing the place to go to the game....of all the countries I have been to, England is the one that I wanted to see the most.

I don't know the status of tickets at this 'late date' but maybe there is still an availability. Also go to www.visitlondon.com for info about things to do.

I've been to London quite a few times; my wife, unfortunately, hasn't. She was supposed to spend a semester there, but 9/11 prevented that from occurring.

I've already picked out the hotel; I just have to book the airfare and get the tickets. I think I'll surprise my wife with them, as October is also when our anniversary is.

I've been to London quite a few times; my wife, unfortunately, hasn't. She was supposed to spend a semester there, but 9/11 prevented that from occurring.

I've already picked out the hotel; I just have to book the airfare and get the tickets. I think I'll surprise my wife with them, as October is also when our anniversary is.

I really hope you can find tickets and you end up going. If things do work out, www.UKPatriots.com will have the events of the weekend posted. Register on UKpatriots and the 'events' section will provide the info. On UKPatriots I'm 'Husky71'.

In 2009 we had a Patriots fans only get-together at a the Sports Club. There were over 600 Patriots fans in attendance. Even Mr Kraft showed up.
http://ukpatriots.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2157

Bigger and better UKPatriots/NE Patriots events are in the works.

When we went over the first time they played in London, we took in the Fulham - AC Roma match a couple of nights before. Sadly, this year, we will not be going over even though I will be in the Azores until the Wednesday before the game. I wish I could extend the trip to include the game but the funds are going to be tight with Ras Jr. going to Wentworth in the fall.

When we went over the first time they played in London, we took in the Fulham - AC Roma match a couple of nights before. Sadly, this year, we will not be going over even though I will be in the Azores until the Wednesday before the game. I wish I could extend the trip to include the game but the funds are going to be tight with Ras Jr. going to Wentworth in the fall.

Tremendous. I'm taking in Liverpool-Roma at Fenway next month.

Also tremendous re: Ras Jr.

Tremendous. I'm taking in Liverpool-Roma at Fenway next month.

Also tremendous re: Ras Jr.

In 5 years when he graduates and he decides to go to grad school, I'll be talking to you. I told him I would pay for grad school only if he goes Michigan. As you may know, they are the #1 school for graduate studies in architecture.

Considering it. Thinking about taking in the Man City-Swansea match the day before.

As City (urgh- think of your reaction to Ohio State and you get mine to them) are champions, you can expect that their fans will come out of the woodwork and they'll sell out quickly. Also, I strongly suggest checking travel arrangements from Manchester to London.

It takes about 2 and a half hours from Piccadilly to Euston, but you have to add on getting from the Etihad stadium to Picadilly station in Manchester and then getting from London Euston to the hotel.

I strongly recommend checking out nationalrail.co.uk to make sure the trains are running and when. Also, book well in advance as they are stupidly expensive otherwise. For London transport, everyone uses tfl.gov.uk. Again, you will need to check for engineering works on the Underground (Tube).

To answer the OP, Mrs Cat and I are both going. From a personal point of view, it's good to watch a Football game where I can switch off occasionally (doing the stats for my local team is great but it's a pain in the arse from that perspective).

I'll be in London when the game is played, dunno yet if I'll go to the game. Depends on whether my uncle buys us tickets (which he did last year, to my surprise). But I won't buy them myself. Rather watch the game on TV then

Back