Who is your favorite Patriots QB?

Now you've done it.
Mazzochist much?

batman animated animation GIF by hoppip

Great topic, UT.

And I agree with Aloyouis. Steve Grogan is at the top of my list. Tough as nails, and he once crawled out of the trunk of car for a TV commercial. :)

Drew Bledsoe is a close second; he had a more-than-respectable career here and elsewhere. And he's been around Foxboro a lot since his retirement and does a fine job representing himself and the Patriots organization.

Flutie. I loved him at BC and loved him with us.
Yes, I was a Bills fan when he played for them.

Steve Grogan. He was the epitomy of the Patriot Way before there was a Patriot Way. He was one tough son of a bitch..

FWIW, my favorite non-Patriots QB was YA Tittle.

Drew Bledsoe was the QB that made me become a Pats fan as a kid, so I'd say him.

Reactions: Alk
i have to go Teddy B, The man was money and 100% motor all the time. I will go with Dick Shiner. just a cool name

Gotta go Bledsoe then Grogan.

Different QBs for different eras.

He is still playing. Tom Brady. I always felt the Patriots had a chance to win, starting in 2001. As that SB 36 was going on, at first, I thought the Rams would Kill my Patriots. But the game was going towards the Patriots' way, and voila, the Patriots surprised the nation, as Tom fuggin' Brady was excellent at the end.

To answer your question, the way it was meant, I really loved Steve Grogan. He was a great passer, and a great runner. And he always gave his all. When the new (not so new anymore! haha) stadium opened in 2002, I had a season ticket in the second row of the top section, near the end zone, the other end from the lighthouse. As I met the guys in the first row, I mentioned that I wished Steve Grogan had won the previous Super Bowl. I had absolutely Nothing against the fine young qb Brady. But I had rooted for Steve Grogan, since he started with the Pats in 1975. After that season, the Pats traded their starter of 5 years (when not injured), Jim Plunkett, for some high draft picks, to the SF 49's. And Grogan was our Patriot's qb, for a lot of seasons. And he was good.....

I'd like to mention that when Drew Bledsoe came to the Patriots, I really appreciated his great arm, and his effort. I'll never forget the game Bledsoe had vs. the Dolphins in 1998, when Drew broke up his hand, smacking it against a football helmet, when he was throwing the ball. It was a Monday night game, I believe. Drew stayed in, and led his team to a great (overtime, I believe!) victory. I was lucky enough to be at the next game, against Buffalo (in Foxboro), where Bledsoe played great (with his injured hand), and beat a tough Bills team. It was the best regular-season game I've ever been to....

I wasn't a fan when Babe Parilli was the Patriot's quarterback, throughout most of the 1960's. I know he had many excellent games, also.

Last edited:
Back