Who makes the best pizza?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a new thread type for us. You can post a question and allow voting on answers.

Please reply and post some answers.

Last edited:
For me and I'm sure MIkie and Darth it's South Shore bar pizza. SImply nothing like it and I grew up on Cape Cod Cafe bar pizza. Simply no other choice.

Every Friday night I would get a sausage and green pepper with a can of Ramblin root beer and watch the Dukes Of Hazard at 8.

No other pizza comes close for me.

View attachment 164
that looks like roxys pizza... dammit ... where is this place you speak of? im hoping its new england

think i have a 2 hour+ trip to pick up a pizza in my near future if it is

How you doing man?

you in far enough or distances enough from that 7.3 and tsunami?

Doing good brother, thanks for asking.

That earthquake never hit us yesterday but we had a small shaker this morning that didn’t amount to much, thankfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really love all pizza in terms of type, but I have really been enjoying bar pizza's from Crisp in Walpole and of course, Lynwood's in Randolph

Last edited:
For me and I'm sure MIkie and Darth it's South Shore bar pizza. SImply nothing like it and I grew up on Cape Cod Cafe bar pizza. Simply no other choice.

Every Friday night I would get a sausage and green pepper with a can of Ramblin root beer and watch the Dukes Of Hazard at 8.

No other pizza comes close for me.

View attachment 164
Cabby Shack in Plymouth makes GREAT bar pizza.

The real Italian pizza you get there is delicious it has to be said. A real pizza with a glass or three of Barolo. Heaven.

Eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg

Pepe’s

originally only in New Haven CT, but now they’ve got multiple locations in CT, MA, and RI. Check the link for a list

Thin crust Neapolitan style.

oh and Joolz, if you have one near you, go for the white clam pizza with bacon.

it’s basically clam cassino pizza

Edit: I forgot to mention, I make pizza at home that's pretty good. I use Stonefire Naan bread for the crust, preferably the garlic version. Brush it with some EVO and pour sauce on it. season it with a mix of Italian herbs, put some mozzarella and then toss in what ever I have on hand. peperoni, mushroom, onion (I put that under the cheese), sausage (andouille).

I have an old school steel cookie sheet that has to be at least 1/8" thick and put that in the oven while it preheats to 430. Sprinkle some corn meal on the sheet before I put the pizza on it.

cook 12- 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Pizza is like sex. It's all good some is just better than others and South SHore Bare Pies are the best sex I've ever had, :ROFLMAO: :wuv: :beer:

The real Italian pizza you get there is delicious it has to be said. A real pizza with a glass or three of Barolo. Heaven.

Eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg
It's near the end of October. The Nebbiolo harvest should be ( or will be soon ) underway. Barolo clearly one one of my very favorite wines. Crave it with my sausage ragu with homemade egg noodles. But Barbaresco, also 100% nebbiolo, very nearby tthe barolo makers, is a great glass of wine and I have had it often (though not in the past couple years) with pizza. A great combo, IMO. As of course is Barolo, though Barola, generally speaking isn't in my everyday pizza budget.

Cheers, :pyxis:

I love Chicago deep dish, but it's not pizza. It's a casserole. The only good casserole on earth. Lou Malnati's is the best for me. There's one coming to Indy and I'm pumped!

NY style with the big, thin slices is great as well. There's a guy from Sicily that somehow ended up opening an amazing restaurant next to the small town I grew up in. His wife took him from Sicily to North Salem, IN, a piss ant sized town of 508 people. His pizza is superb and is the closest thing I've had to the real deal NY style outside of NY.

If i cant get bar pizza, NY style is my second favorite but its a distant second.

And Chicago style can just rot in the hell it came from . :)

I love Chicago deep dish, but it's not pizza. It's a casserole. The only good casserole on earth. Lou Malnati's is the best for me. There's one coming to Indy and I'm pumped!

NY style with the big, thin slices is great as well. There's a guy from Sicily that somehow ended up opening an amazing restaurant next to the small town I grew up in. His wife took him from Sicily to North Salem, IN, a piss ant sized town of 508 people. His pizza is superb and is the closest thing I've had to the real deal NY style outside of NY.

Lou's is good...

Back