Who makes the best pizza?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a new thread type for us. You can post a question and allow voting on answers.

Please reply and post some answers.

Last edited:
I love Chicago Deep Dish or the classic New York slice. Either way, it's pizza baby!

And of course the proper Italian pizza you'd get in somewhere like Naples is superlative.

I don't know, man. I prefer the greasy Greek style and the Chicago style of deep dish over the thinner, drier Italian style.

Oh Cool, look at that. When you post a thread as a question, everyone can upvote or downvote the answers a la Reddit.

NY Style is my favorite for the record.

NY style, white pizza. There's a roadside stand in Woodstock CT, Sweet Evalina's, that makes great pizza. I love their Feature Pizza. It's white pizza with feta, chicken, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, crushed red pepper, black pepper, oregano, and olive oil.

Menu

Last edited:
I love Chicago Deep Dish or the classic New York slice. Either way, it's pizza baby!

And of course the proper Italian pizza you'd get in somewhere like Naples is superlative.
Finally someone who likes Chicago deep dish. Thats my favorite and my entire family hates it.

If it ain't you, then it might be me.

I like using the gas grill to get a little char on the crust adding some wood chips for smoke. One popular one I do combines fig balsamic glaze, fresh figs, prosciutto, plenty of carmelized onion and bleu cheese. Thinnish crust.

Not bragging, just sayin' I'd just as soon have mine as any I get elsewhere. What KIND of pizza do people like?

Last edited:
Roxys Pizza, Westerly RI ... alas they are gone the way of the dodo... great doughy pizza, with just enough crust for burnt edges to make it perfect... have never had a better meatball pizza to this day...

and there was this little place in Torremolinos, Spain, across the street from the beach on the Costa Del Sol... magnificent pizza ... i do wonder if its still there, been a while... first time i ever had a thin crust pizza... delish

not a fan of the deep dish pizza ... there is a place in westerly that does a pretty good bacon and scallop pizza... place called the Pizza Place lol

I like thin crust. I’ve become more and more of a snob with pizza. I used to just inhale any of it. Pound slices and worry about the grade later. Like Chinese food.

Now? It’s gotta pass the test.

I don’t think pizza travels well. That time from point to point basically steams it in a box. Not good. First and foremost I demand a good crisp thin crust.

Sauce is the most underrated component imo. I like a spicy pizza sauce. Ample. Not a casserole but not a layer of paint either.

Standard pizza cheese. Mozzarella blend.

Toppings can be just about anything, but I do truly enjoy a proper cheese pizza if done to perfection.

Locally I’d go with a Pizzeria Regina thin. Or an Upper Crust. In parlor. Fresh outta oven. That slice has GOT to hold crisp and straight out.

Finally someone who likes Chicago deep dish. Thats my favorite and my entire family hates it.

Ginos East in Chicago, best deep dish I ever had.

ginos-east-deep-dish-pizza-chicago.jpg

Born and raised in New Haven, CT so I've been spoiled. The battle between Pepe's and Sally's raged for years but Modern has emerged as a contender. Bar also has great pizza. The thing about New Haven pizza is that you have to eat it in the restaurant. Carry it out and it loses something.

Guilty pleasure of mine is Greek tho.

We love thin crust but on occasion I like to have a pan or thick crust pizza. So many great places to get pizza on the east coast.
Up here, our favorite is a joint called Bella Vistas, superb sauce and crust that’s always cooked perfectly. We also love getting take and bake from Papa Murphys, the Cowboy being my all time favorite and cooking it for the last 3-4 minutes on the rack to get that crispy crust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We love thin crust but on occasion I like to have a pan or thick crust pizza. So many great places to get pizza on the east coast.
Up here, our favorite is a joint called Bella Vistas, superb sauce and crust that’s always cooked perfectly. We also love getting take and bake from Papa Murphys, the Cowboy being my all time favorite and cooking it for the last 3-4 minutes on the rack to get that crispy crust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How you doing man?

you in far enough or distances enough from that 7.3 and tsunami?

For me and I'm sure MIkie and Darth it's South Shore bar pizza. SImply nothing like it and I grew up on Cape Cod Cafe bar pizza. Simply no other choice.

Every Friday night I would get a sausage and green pepper with a can of Ramblin root beer and watch the Dukes Of Hazard at 8.

No other pizza comes close for me.

1.jpg

Ginos East in Chicago, best deep dish I ever had.

ginos-east-deep-dish-pizza-chicago.jpg
Yeah we have nothing like that around me. There is a chain pizza place called Uno, but its not that. My wife attempted to make one and she did pretty well but crust was kind of grainy....hope she doesnt see this.

Josephs, Northampton In part I'm sure because it was a beloved college hang out but damn it was so good, I believe that 45 years later they are still there. Edit it is still there.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back