Who (Realistically) Would you like to see the Pats target in Free Agency?

The question is going to come down to who wants to get paid and who wants a ring.

I mean, there are a couple obvious guys that are off the list (Cosuins, Shitzpatrick) but receivers are typically divas.

Fully expect the Pats to sign for depth, flexibility and intelligence.

They have a ton of cap space, but they won't spend it on big name guys.

The Steelers must have a backup linebacker who they haven't noticed is good that BB can turn into a pro-bowler. We're a little overdue for that.

Jarvis Jones could be good...

We could finally get Julius Peppers in here (10 years later).

Akeem Ayers is a FA again, I don't know how exciting any of these guys are. Malcolm Smith, DJ Hayden, maybe, Legatron...Vernon Davis and Tim Wright...

I dunno, no one I'm terribly excited about. There's some OK depth out there, for guys you can get cheap.

Mayyyyybe take a run at Calais Campbell? He'll be pricey if he even hits the market.

Re-sign Sea Bass.

Let Bennet go and replace him with Jermaine Gresham.

If you think Floyd can resolve his issues, take a shot at signing him...the guy is a HUGE raw talent, if he can get his head straight.

For the money, Percy Havin is worth taking a look at.

BUT...my #1 pick on that list....and I would overpay for him if necessary, is Terrelle Pryor!!! That one is potentially All Pro. I would try hard to pick him up.

Defensively, I am not informed well enough to make choices.

Re-sign Sea Bass.

Let Bennet go and replace him with Jermaine Gresham.

If you think Floyd can resolve his issues, take a shot at signing him...the guy is a HUGE raw talent, if he can get his head straight.

For the money, Percy Havin is worth taking a look at.

BUT...my #1 pick on that list....and I would overpay for him if necessary, is Terrelle Pryor!!! That one is potentially All Pro. I would try hard to pick him up.

Defensively, I am not informed well enough to make choices.

Terrelle Pryor absolutely SCREAMS Patriot!

would love to have Eric Berry, but he's going to be looking to get paid.

Terrelle Pryor absolutely SCREAMS Patriot!

would love to have Eric Berry, but he's going to be looking to get paid.

Yeah, I mean, if you're willing to dump that kind of money on Eric Berry, I'd rather re-sign Harmon and Ryan for the same money.

I would also like Pryor, he's listed at 6'4", but looks even taller than that. Skeptical of any Oohi player, but they could potentially turn him into something special.

Browns said that they might use the franchise tag on Pryor...he isn't worth that kind of money.

BB had the chance to sign him before.

Yeah, I mean, if you're willing to dump that kind of money on Eric Berry, I'd rather re-sign Harmon and Ryan for the same money.

I would also like Pryor, he's listed at 6'4", but looks even taller than that. Skeptical of any Oohi player, but they could potentially turn him into something special.

yeah, comes down to what he wants more of, a ring or money. Ain't getting a ring in KC.

BB has a pretty good track record with receivers who played QB in college.

Other than our own...
It's way too soon for this but

WRs
Terrelle Pryor
Cecil Shorts
Terrance Williams

I don't have time to look at Edge players, DTs, LBs or CBs now.
Too much depends on what our own guys will want but I'd like Branch, High and Logan Ryan back. If Floyd re-signs consider the WRs above null and void.

Other than our own...
It's way too soon for this but

WRs
Terrelle Pryor
Cecil Shorts
Terrance Williams

I don't have time to look at Edge players, DTs, LBs or CBs now.
Too much depends on what our own guys will want but I'd like Branch, High and Logan Ryan back. If Floyd re-signs consider the WRs above null and void.

I'm not sure they even offer Floyd a contract, tbh.

Browns said that they might use the franchise tag on Pryor...he isn't worth that kind of money.

BB had the chance to sign him before.

they they're stupid because they have no body to get him the ball..

...wait a minute, did I just refer to Cleveland as being stupid as if it were some kind of revelation...? :huh:

I'm not sure they even offer Floyd a contract, tbh.

Or...maybe they offer him a prove it deal to see where his head is. The guy is poison around the league right now, he's going to have to rehabilitate himself.

...but I could see a receiver-starved team like the Ratbirds throwing a bunch of money at him. Questionable character isn't exactly a negative in Baltimore.

Melvin Ingram gives the Pats fits whenever they play the Chargers.

LB is a position group that could use a talent infusion.

The Chargers need to rebuild, and Ingram might want a change in locker room dynamics.

Or...maybe they offer him a prove it deal to see where his head is. The guy is poison around the league right now, he's going to have to rehabilitate himself.

...but I could see a receiver-starved team like the Ratbirds throwing a bunch of money at him. Questionable character is Baltimore.
FYP :coffee:

...but I could see a receiver-starved team like the Ratbirds throwing a bunch of money at him. Questionable character isn't exactly a negative in Baltimore.

They have a statue in front of their stadium dedicated to a double-murderer, so...

:coffee:

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Melvin Ingram gives the Pats fits whenever they play the Chargers.

LB is a position group that could use a talent infusion.

The Chargers need to rebuild, and Ingram might want a change in locker room dynamics.

This...is an awesome, realistic suggestion. I like it. :thumb:

Back