Who went to bed early?

who went to bed early?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fvck no, I didn't go to bed early...although I did call two things that were gonna happen against us...Ridley fumble and our D letting Broncs convert 3rd and 20. I actually had fish fans next to me that said "no way those things are gonna happen" IOW they were sorta rooting for the Pats but I told them that I know my teams tendencies...crazy ROFL I did root for second half come back but even I didn't think we might win that shit..I was just hoping for not being totally embarresed at home :D

P.S. at half time I was worried that I used up all my good mojo rooting for Fish loss and Giants loss :D

**** no, I didn't...although I did call two things that were gonna happen against us...Ridley fumble and our D letting Broncs convert 3rd and 20. I actually had fish fans next to me that said "no way those things are gonna happen" IOW sorta rooting for the Pats...crazy ROFL I did root for second half come back but even I didn't think we might win that shit..I was just hoping for not being totally embarresed at home :D

No joke I was thinking to myself the run before Ridleys fumble how he's starting out pretty good and how hopefully he won't fumble. 3 seconds later I see the ball plop out lol

Certainly those who quit early are fast asleep right now thinking that their team sucks. Can't wait til tomorrow morning and see if anyone will be honest.

Given that I am 2 hours behind you, going to bed "early" would mean "after the Sunday night game is over."

I can't really fault those poor bastards who, for example, work for State Street Bank and have to be at their desks at 6AM EST ... for going to bed early tonight.

No joke I was thinking to myself the run before Ridleys fumble how he's starting out pretty good and how hopefully he won't fumble. 3 seconds later I see the ball plop out lol

Yep. Same here. No sooner did I say I love Ridley's production but he is fumble prone and BAM! Fish fans all around me were like "Holy crap! You called it!" Dammit I hate being right sometimes. :frown:

Yep. Same here. No sooner did I say I love Ridley's production but he is fumble prone and BAM! Fish fans all around me were like "Holy crap! You called it!" Dammit I hate being right sometimes. :frown:

Same here....

I switched of the tv at 24:0 ... It was about 4 in the morning here and i was pissed off ... at least i woke up again (thanks to my cat) at the overtime coin toss and saw Ghosts kick for the W. And now i`m really tired and have to work for 8 hours.

I still haven't gone to bed and I have to work in about three hours.

Still too much adrenaline in the system, I really can't settle down. It's ridiculous but it is what it is. I'm much more elated than I was after the Saints win and I went pretty nuts then.

I still haven't gone to bed and I have to work in about three hours.

Still too much adrenaline in the system, I really can't settle down. It's ridiculous but it is what it is. I'm much more elated than I was after the Saints win and I went pretty nuts then.
I just got home from work...:coffee:

I went to bed early, but only because I was working at 6am yesterday morning (was up at 5am) and the game started at 1am for me. Wish I had stayed up to watch it but suspect I would have crashed.

:***:

Lol, I did. When I went to sleep, the broncos were pretty much balls deep in patriots.

So I'm guessing this is one of those. "A tale of two halves," sort of thing?

Not I, I was throwing things and scared my girlfriend out of the room, but I am always in for the long hall.

Just like the NO game earlier in the season, there are going to be alot of people who quit on the game before the end, but will never admit it.

SSDD

I was already on an adrenaline rush after a stressful landing into Providence (after which the entire plane broke out in applause), so there was no way I was going to bed early. I had sold my tickets for the game (got in too close to kickoff to get to Foxboro), so I had a very unusual experience watching the game from the couch.

At halftime, I kept thinking about the SF game last year. I never give up on this team with half a game left to go.

I didn't come close to quitting. I figure that if we were going to get blown out then I was going to watch until the final whistle to see if any of our guys quit.

I was starting to suspect that Hightower just wasn't interested in playing football for this team when he was mercifully benched for Fletcher and if it was due to an injury then I must've missed it, but it's pretty clear to me now that Dont'a Hightower - injured or not -- isn't much of a football player and his heart is questionable. He can't get off a block to save his life, is piss-poor in coverage, can't rush the passer and is a poor athlete, but other than that he was a fabulous first-round pick. Fletcher deserves to be starting next to Spikes. Period.

Anyhow.....the breaks evened out in the end as they usually do and the Pats survived the cold, the refs and themselves.

Great heads-up play by Ebner who plays right on the ragged edge for better or worse. He is a total banshee on punt coverage teams who missed Welker twice trying for big plays but he finally got one when it counted.

I didn't come close to quitting. I figure that if we were going to get blown out then I was going to watch until the final whistle to see if any of our guys quit.

I was starting to suspect that Hightower just wasn't interested in playing football for this team when he was mercifully benched for Fletcher and if it was due to an injury then I must've missed it, but it's pretty clear to me now that Dont'a Hightower - injured or not -- isn't much of a football player and his heart is questionable. He can't get off a block to save his life, is piss-poor in coverage, can't rush the passer and is a poor athlete, but other than that he was a fabulous first-round pick. Fletcher deserves to be starting next to Spikes. Period.

Anyhow.....the breaks evened out in the end as they usually do and the Pats survived the cold, the refs and themselves.

Great heads-up play by Ebner who plays right on the ragged edge for better or worse. He is a total banshee on punt coverage teams who missed Welker twice trying for big plays but he finally got one when it counted.

I said the same thing for the last 3-4 wks and again in the game thread last night. He's around the ball for the most part but he's not interested in laying a hit or making a play. No passion. At halftime I wondered aloud if he'd come back in or if BB would bring in Fletcher who does have passion. Fletcher came in and began making plays right away. As for not shedding blocks...I agree...not only that it doesn't look like he even tries to shed blocks. Most of Moreno's great night was right up his gaps. I wanted to kick his ass myself.

Ebner is a hustle player who knows where his NFL ticket lies. (He'd better be the first down on punts or he's selling insurance somewhere.) BB loves those guys bc they energize the whole team.

edit: I wouldn't mind seeing H'tower play some DE but he just isn't an NFL talent at OLB.

I missed the entire 1st half while in a plane on my way back from N.C. (thank God).

We landed in Providence, a guy with a Smartphone saw that me, my wife, and my son were all wearing Pats jerseys, and told us they were about to kick the ball to start the second half, and he told us the score. eeek :grumpy:

By the time we got out luggage, he told us it was 24-7. The wife: "Who gives a sh*t!!!". Me: "If we score the next TD, it's a game again."

We heard the interception and 3rd TD in the car. We stayed up and watched the game, then an hour of highlights.

Paying for it now, but so f*cking worth it. woohoo

I said the same thing for the last 3-4 wks and again in the game thread last night. He's around the ball for the most part but he's not interested in laying a hit or making a play. No passion. At halftime I wondered aloud if he'd come back in or if BB would bring in Fletcher who does have passion. Fletcher came in and began making plays right away. As for not shedding blocks...I agree...not only that it doesn't look like he even tries to shed blocks. Most of Moreno's great night was right up his gaps. I wanted to kick his ass myself.

Ebner is a hustle player who knows where his NFL ticket lies. (He'd better be the first down on punts or he's selling insurance somewhere.) BB loves those guys bc they energize the whole team.

edit: I wouldn't mind seeing H'tower play some DE but he just isn't an NFL talent at OLB.

Good post. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Hightower because it is unusual for a guy to be benched like that. I'll wait to see if there was an injury we don't know about but it was clear that Fletcher provided a lift to the D. He's got about ten times the fire that the other guy has and at least that much more clue to what is happening out there.

I found myself focusing on Ebner on punts last night and he was really getting after it. The two previous punts to the fumble recovery he blazed downfield and tried to shoetop Welker and just missed making big stops on both. Maybe a little out of control, but he was definitely fighting his ass off and I was thrilled to see him make the key play of the game after most of their loose balls had bounced right back into their hands. Their luck finally ran out.

Wasn't it his dad who was the honorary service member for that game? I can't remember, but think he was.

Good post. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Hightower because it is unusual for a guy to be benched like that. I'll wait to see if there was an injury we don't know about but it was clear that Fletcher provided a lift to the D. He's got about ten times the fire that the other guy has and at least that much more clue to what is happening out there.

I found myself focusing on Ebner on punts last night and he was really getting after it. The two previous punts to the fumble recovery he blazed downfield and tried to shoetop Welker and just missed making big stops on both. Maybe a little out of control, but he was definitely fighting his ass off and I was thrilled to see him make the key play of the game after most of their loose balls had bounced right back into their hands. Their luck finally ran out.

Wasn't it his dad who was the honorary service member for that game? I can't remember, but think he was.

Solder's dad. Navy man.

Got off the ice in time to watch the Pats last regulation drive settle for a FG to make it a 7 pt lead.

Then summarily watch Peyton march and tie. Was crushing Bud Lites in the lobby with 20 guys fresh off the ice for the next 45-60 minutes til the glorious STs miscue.

Many a beer were lost last nite...

Back