Why did we cut Lynch and Jackson a date later?

Lynch will likely be back signed after week one so if he's cut the Pats won't have to pay him the full year salary.

Both sorta surprising cuts, and why did we wait?

Speculation, but every team looks at the waiver wire and makes claims on players they think are an upgrade.

Waiting a day means that the teams have already gone through the process of adding players from the waiver wire and they would have to repeat the process again.

John Lynch's jersey is for sale and featured on the homepage of Patriots.com. HRMMMMM

I agree with harrisonhits.

$$$$

Back in 2003, they cut Milloy 2 days before the season opener. In BB, I trust.

I still can't believe that they cut Jackson. I figured that they were going to use him as a "backup Randy Moss" in regards to speed at least. Now without Stallworth, if Moss goes down then we really don't have a speedy receiver. Moss does get hurt believe it or not. What a waste of a second round pick, especially when we could've had Jennings on our team.

Speculation, but every team looks at the waiver wire and makes claims on players they think are an upgrade.

Waiting a day means that the teams have already gone through the process of adding players from the waiver wire and they would have to repeat the process again.

My thoughts as well. There may be a chance that he clears waivers. If so, he can be brought back on the practice squad. That being said, I don't think he'll clear waivers. He was the first receiver selected just two years ago. Someone will take a chance on him.

Yeah, but, we also could have had Anquan Boldin too... that 1 really hurt us.

Back