Why is Brady crying?

Thumper

Charger Power
Reaction score
Website
www.bolttalk.net
Link

I guess I can see how Brady would be offended by Schottenheimer saying something about how the Patriots team has been remarkable. Oh, wait a sec., no I can't. Get a grip Brady. Your home winning streak is over. I know you're not used to it, but you lost. Schottenheimer ment you no disrespect. There is no reason to cry like a spoiled little child.

I has honest lost a great deal of respect for Brady. Maybe he should focus on whats important to him, like finding another sponsor for his next commercial.

by Tom Bardy the whitch little bitch
"You don't talk about our team. He has no business talking about our team," Brady said. "He's not our coach. We'll let our coach talk about our team. We'll let our players talk about our team. The only thing that we ever do is give respect to the other teams, because that's what they deserve."

Every board I've visited has a thread on this. There's 18 pages of posts in the thread at KFFL. I can understand why. Most fans of other teams can't stand the Patriots because they've done so well the last few years. They're envious. I've been there and done that with the Cowboys in the last decade.
These people need to come to the realization, just as I did back then, that there are way more important things than what is being said by athletes and coaches.

#54 said:
Every board I've visited has a thread on this. There's 18 pages of posts in the thread at KFFL. I can understand why. Most fans of other teams can't stand the Patriots because they've done so well the last few years. They're envious. I've been there and done that with the Cowboys in the last decade.
These people need to come to the realization, just as I did back then, that there are way more important things than what is being said by athletes and coaches.
Actually, I like the Patriots. They are my second favorite team after the Chargers. I've always been a Charger fan and will be win or lose. As far as the Patriots, they've been classy Champions up until Brady's comments. I'm sure they were said out of frustration. The guy has been the NFLs golden boy for so long, maybe he's just realizing he's not perfect like the media has made him out to be. It's time Brady stopped worrying about dating models and doing commercials and start focusing on playing football.

bideau said:
:jerkit:

A little late to the game with this. It's already been discussed ad nauseum.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13084

Forgive me if I don't give a rat's ass whether Brady or any Patriot has your respect. We've got other things to worry about besides trolls who don't know when to move on.
I really don't give a rat's ass what an unrealistic Patriot homer has to say either, but I will give you this, you do have other things to worry about. Welcome your team to mediocrity. ROFL

Thumper said:
Welcome your team to mediocrity. ROFL
Not only that, I've been in contact with some of the players, and take it from me - this team hates their coach.

It's all downhill from here, boys.

Thumper said:
Actually, I like the Patriots. They are my second favorite team after the Chargers. I've always been a Charger fan and will be win or lose. As far as the Patriots, they've been classy Champions up until Brady's comments. I'm sure they were said out of frustration. The guy has been the NFLs golden boy for so long, maybe he's just realizing he's not perfect like the media has made him out to be. It's time Brady stopped worrying about dating models and doing commercials and start focusing on playing football.

I really don't give a rat's ass what an unrealistic Patriot homer has to say either, but I will give you this, you do have other things to worry about. Welcome your team to mediocrity. ROFL

Easy, partner. Brady has a right to feel and say what he pleases. The guys here have that same right. How would you guys feel were the roles reversed? You don't think Marty or one of your players would object to BB making the same comments? They wouldn't have much gumption to them if they didn't, now would they?

Marty made his comments public, Brady responded honestlyto a question asked in public. The two sides just balance out. No big deal.

Hey, at least Brady didn't drop his drawers and moon Marty.

As for the mediocrity bit - there's still 3/4 of a season left, pal. Let's save those sentiments for the end of the year. OK? We have a way of hanging in until everyone else drops out of sight.

Gee, I think Tom Brady has earned the right to say what's on his mind about his team. The training wheels are long off. He's a leader now on the team. So, if he says "screw Schotenheimer", guess what, I say "screw Schotenheimer".

Not that I'm a lemming or anything...

Okay, maybe Schottenheimer wasn't being malicious. I don't think he was. But he was being clueless. Apparently.

And it hurts to find out your team isn't all that....and better get it's act together fast. So, if opponents start saying stupid things, there's a bit more of a chance that Brady and co. may be lured in a bit to reply. That's okay....up to a point.

Anyways, thank gawd Krafty hired Bill Belichick and not "My name is Marty, and I sell R.V.s" Schotennheimer (a reference to a local obnoxious tv commercial).

Marty would have been through 3 coaching jobs by now....oh wait, he has been.

Thanks, Marty, though, for lighting a fire under the arses of Brady and co.

BruschiOwnzU said:
I'm sure Thumpers 2nd favorite team was the Chargers up until last week...
:rolleyes:
Nope, I'm no bandwagon fan. I've been a Charger fan since I was a child, even when we were the worst team in the league. I have a few friends from Boston that were die-hard Patriots fans, so I started watching them as well. When you guys beat the Rams for your first SB, that was impressive. When you guys picked up Rodney Harrison is probably when I considered the Pats my 2nd fav team, but through good times or bad, I'm a Charger fan first.

Steve1 said:
Gee, I think Tom Brady has earned the right to say what's on his mind about his team. The training wheels are long off. He's a leader now on the team. So, if he says "screw Schotenheimer", guess what, I say "screw Schotenheimer".

Not that I'm a lemming or anything...

Okay, maybe Schottenheimer wasn't being malicious. I don't think he was. But he was being clueless. Apparently.

And it hurts to find out your team isn't all that....and better get it's act together fast. So, if opponents start saying stupid things, there's a bit more of a chance that Brady and co. may be lured in a bit to reply. That's okay....up to a point.

Anyways, thank gawd Krafty hired Bill Belichick and not "My name is Marty, and I sell R.V.s" Schotennheimer (a reference to a local obnoxious tv commercial).

Marty would have been through 3 coaching jobs by now....oh wait, he has been.

Thanks, Marty, though, for lighting a fire under the arses of Brady and co.
I'm not Marty's biggest supporter, but what he said was neither clueless, nor inappropriate. What Brady said was.

If you are a fan of the NFL and have some knowledge of the "unwritten rules" of the game, coaches never speak ill or comment on another teams woes. Marty knows that rule, broke it and called on the carpet for it. It is as simple as that!

Players can speak smack about another team as they have to go out there and cover their words. When they don't, they look like asses. Just like Chad Johnson did last year when he sent Cleveland's DBs Pepto Bismol before their game. Didn't work out for him, did it?

MadStork said:
Easy, partner. Brady has a right to feel and say what he pleases. The guys here have that same right. How would you guys feel were the roles reversed? You don't think Marty or one of your players would object to BB making the same comments? They wouldn't have much gumption to them if they didn't, now would they?

Marty made his comments public, Brady responded honestlyto a question asked in public. The two sides just balance out. No big deal.

Hey, at least Brady didn't drop his drawers and moon Marty.

As for the mediocrity bit - there's still 3/4 of a season left, pal. Let's save those sentiments for the end of the year. OK? We have a way of hanging in until everyone else drops out of sight.

I was probably ou of line by calling your team mediocre, because your still one of the best teams in the league regardless of what the power rankings say. For a while you were by far the best team, but now other teams are at or near your level. If you repeat with another SB, it will be your toughest.

As far as the roles being reversed, Marty just stated the obvious. If another team said something similar about us, and they have in the past, I don't think anyone would get worked up about it like Brady did. It's a sign of imaturaty. If a fan saw Brady walking on the street and told him that the Patriots have been remarkable, would Brady have a tirade and scream out that only his coach and his players can talk about his team?

Ras-Al-Ghul said:
If you are a fan of the NFL and have some knowledge of the "unwritten rules" of the game, coaches never speak ill or comment on another teams woes. Marty knows that rule, broke it and called on the carpet for it. It is as simple as that!

Players can speak smack about another team as they have to go out there and cover their words. When they don't, they look like asses. Just like Chad Johnson did last year when he sent Cleveland's DBs Pepto Bismol before their game. Didn't work out for him, did it?
Marty was complementing this team, not speaking ill of them. Get over yourself dude. You should have watched Sports Center last night. They had fun with Brady's comments and he came out looking like a fool. To compare Marty's comment to Chad Johnson's actions is a huge reach.

I have to say I found Brady's minor spazz out a bit puzzling. He suddenly broke ranks with the Pats mantra of keeping it vague and complimentary in the press. He's got to be frustrated. But the game was over. It really seemed out of character for him.

I still say he's got too much on his plate (cough) Josh McDaniels (cough)

Tell you guy what, I'm going to take Brady's comments as a mark of frustration and leave it at that. Good luck except when we meet you again in the playoffs. I think the AFC Championship could easily be Patriots vs. Chargers. I really doubt Indy will make it. Can you say choke?

Back