Why Peyton Winning Doesn't Really Bother Me

Brady did not close out this past season very well either. Not all on him obviously, but if you get the glory, get the blame

I think if you dig deep enough, you will find dirt on every person (especially lots of Celebs) Peyton was very classy in his loss against the Seahawks. Cam Newton stormed off like a baby last night after the loss.

He did what?

30FC9BA400000578-3436739-image-m-16_1454912105027.jpg

The one thing I don't think Montana gets quite enough credit for was his play with the Chiefs. The stats might not have been mind blowing but he was still very good....

I agree. Montana still played well with the Chiefs and he had FAR fewer skill players in the offense than in SF, just really Marcus Allen.

He's had four...FOUR very underwhelming Super Bowls. He prepares the way he prepares because he knows his own weaknesses and one of those weaknesses is his nerves. A person can mentally prepare all he wants, but it's impossible to duplicate the pressure of a Super Bowl and that is clear in his four attempts, win or lose. I wouldn't say he "chokes", but I would say he gets really nervous and that isn't good for him.

+1 rep

Just imagine if he was a "game manager" back in the other 4. I give him and Denver a lot of credit. They did everything they had to do as a team to win, up to and including the QB

Funny that it's a negative when Brady wins a SB like that, but Peyton does it and he's celebrated. I take nothing away, I just find it ironic, is all

He's had four...FOUR very underwhelming Super Bowls. He prepares the way he prepares because he knows his own weaknesses and one of those weaknesses is his nerves. A person can mentally prepare all he wants, but it's impossible to duplicate the pressure of a Super Bowl and that is clear in his four attempts, win or lose. I wouldn't say he "chokes", but I would say he gets really nervous and that isn't good for him.

I agree. Peyton was affected by the stake of games. Brady thrived when the pressure was higher. Peyton did not. His two most famous SB drives were they ball sailing over his head and the pick-6 to Tracy Porter. Brady has led a lead-changing drive in the 4th quarter of every SB he's been in except the Welker drop.

The one clutch thing Peyton did in his career was come back against the Pats in 2006 and beat us. Other than that, his two successful playoff runs were largely done in spite of him.

Neither does he because he made at least half off that stuff up.

Pretty much the norm around here.

Where am I wrong? He didn't sit on the chicks face?

He wasn't caught saying he wanted to be a good team mate?

Mort is a Manning info funnel, everyone knows that

And he is a coward who used HGH hiding behind his wife's skirt. Very Clemens like.

No idea what crawled up your ass but man you have been one bitter little visitor for about a year, you used to be able to post without being a dick. And I do not care about to me, but to others who post here.

But hey of my 4 points 3 are facts. One will be proven to be soon.

And as for the poster "who didn't know" I am sure TylerD knew but chose to block the truth. I do not blame him.

And he is a coward who used HGH hiding behind his wife's skirt. Very Clemens like.

No idea what crawled up your ass but man you have been one bitter little visitor for about a year, you used to be able to post without being a dick. And I do not care about to me, but to others who post here.

And as for the poster "who didn't know" I am sure TylerD knew but chose to block the truth. I do not blame him.

People don't want to hear facts mikie. They're quick to call Brady a cheater though

No that pretty much sums it up....Now OSU will give me 12 dislikes again.

+1 rep

Just imagine if he was a "game manager" back in the other 4. I give him and Denver a lot of credit. They did everything they had to do as a team to win, up to and including the QB

Funny that it's a negative when Brady wins a SB like that, but Peyton does it and he's celebrated. I take nothing away, I just find it ironic, is all

Not sure Brady never played as bad as Peyton did last night in a SB, even in the losses. If he did, he would not have won any of them.

I don't think there's been a QB that has played at such a high level year in and year out like Brady.

I grew up a huge Montana fan because my family were all ND fans. While Montana was unbelievably great in the Super Bowl he was no where near the QB Brady is week in and week out. He went through a stretch in '85 and '86 where he was physical mess. He and Young alternated starts in 1988 because Walsh really liked Young better. Young's run against the Vikings that year really put himself on the map with the fans. Had SF flamed out in the playoffs after the 10-6 regular season Montana might have been done as a starter with them. Their win over Cincinnati really came out of nowhere..

The one thing I don't think Montana gets quite enough credit for was his play with the Chiefs. The stats might not have been mind blowing but he was still very good....

Personally, I think Manning and Brady are both better than Montana when you look at the bodies of work. Injuries really hurt Montana in the mid 80's....

Montana was real easy to like. Would think a lot of football fans hold him in high regard..

My lasting memory of him was not good. Being rag dolled by the Giants. And today he says he can't do much but is capable of flipping a coin but not much more.
Sad..

Really my biggest regret in this whole thing was that Gronk had a game for the ages in the AFCCG, and that is going to be largely forgotten because they didn't win. That game should be one of the prime exhibits for him when he's being inducted into Canton years from now.

Sent by the voices inside my head

Not sure Brady never played as bad as Peyton did last night in a SB, even in the losses. If he did, he would not have won any of them.

Manning managed the game and played virtually mistake free football. He didn't hurt them. He didn't throw any red zone picks, a pick 6, or a field position changing turnover like he is prone to do. I give them all more than enough credit for what they did.

SB 36 was a collective team effort, I mean, Brady didn't even really win them the AFCCG that year, it was Bledsoe. That team was also built on defense, and special teams. Those 2 units were required to produce points and field position, and the QB was required to play mistake free football. There is nothing wrong with that at all

Manning managed the game and played virtually mistake free football. He didn't hurt them. He didn't throw any red zone picks, a pick 6, or a field position changing turnover like he is prone to do. I give them all more than enough credit for what they did.

SB 36 was a collective team effort, I mean, Brady didn't even really win them the AFCCG that year, it was Bledsoe. That team was also built on defense, and special teams. Those 2 units were required to produce points and field position, and the QB was required to play mistake free football. There is nothing wrong with that at all

His first pick came when the Broncos were driving into Panthers territory which cost them points on the drive when it was still a one score game. His fumble came at mid-field and could have been game changing had the Denver D not been playing out of his mind. He was not a game manager at all. He completed all of 13 passes on 23 attempts and had two turnovers. They won in SPITE of him. ManninHGH said as much on the podium when he thanked the defense and Von for allowing to come along for the ride.

His first pick came when the Broncos were driving into Panthers territory which cost them points on the drive when it was still a one score game. His fumble came at mid-field and could have been game changing had the Denver D not been playing out of his mind. He was not a game manager at all. He completed all of 13 passes on 23 attempts and had two turnovers. They won in SPITE of him. ManninHGH said as much on the podium when he thanked the defense and Von for allowing to come along for the ride.

Brady had 2 picks in last year's SB, 1 in the red zone, the other which gave Sealatte mint field position that led to a TD. They were quite possibly another Lynch rushing attempt away from losing too. That's football

You want to play what if in regards to "could have been game changing" then fine. They did win because of their D, and Denver knew that going in I would think. My point which you missed was Pey Pey didn't choke the game away with a back breaking turnover like he had done many time in the past. They didn't ask him to do anything but manage the game

Brady had 2 picks in last year's SB, 1 in the red zone, the other which gave Sealatte mint field position that led to a TD. They were quite possibly another Lynch rushing attempt away from losing too. That's football

You want to play what if in regards to "could have been game changing" then fine. They did win because of their D, and Denver knew that going in I would think. My point which you missed was Pey Pey didn't choke the game away with a back breaking turnover like he had done many time in the past. They didn't ask him to do anything but manage the game

Brady also had 4 TDs and led the historic comeback in the fourth to atone for any mistakes.

I am not sure I follow your thinking on ManninHGH not having back breaking turnovers. His defense atoned for his mistakes unlike Brady whose second pick was cashed in for a TD and a 10 point hole. If we are strictly basing this on performance, ManninHGH was putrid. He did not game manage. He completed 13 passes, punted a lot, made two turnovers and rode his defense. To compare his performance to Brady's last year is head scratching to say the least. Brady was asked to win that game by dropping back 50 times against the best defense in the league and his defense played like dog crap letting up a gimme TD before half and allowing Lynch to run rough shod all night. Quite literally Arrington was the worst player on the field and if not for Butler stepping in in the fourth quarter, Brady may have had to score 3 TDs in the fourth.

I already explained backbreaking turnovers. You must have missed it, so again: NO pick 6s or deadly turnovers that led to immediate field position and momentum given the situation. Which one of the 2 in SB 50 was backbreaking? Even the one he had in the AFCCG wasn't entirely a killer. Not basing it on strict numbers and performance and never did. I'm going by eye ball test. Looked to me as if he did enough to win and not cost his team the game, as he has been known to do in the past. Made plays when he had to, and didn't force anything Manningesque forcing into coverage etc...

Since we're playing the what if game, had Lynch gotten 1 more carry, we'd be talking about those 2 INTs Brady threw in last year's SB. They could have been costly had it not been for the D to get the O the ball back with 10+ min left. It's really not an opinion, I mean they were down 10 and punted to begin the 4th Quarter. It didn't look good. All Sealatte had to do was make a couple of 1st downs, but I digress. I don't think Manning hurt the Broncos and he didn't choke, as he's been prone to do in past SBs and playoffs, which was my main point. I was waiting for it in the Pittsburgh game and it didn't happen. I was waiting for it in the Patriots game and it didn't happen. Had he done that in the SB against Carolina, it would have been the blowout everyone predicted.

You're missing my points and I'm not comparing Brady's SB to Mannings. I'm just saying that people would point to those mistakes in last year's SB had they lost. Glad to see you ignored what I said about SB 36 though. I take nothing away from any SB winning team. To go all the way back to the OP given this long thread, it really doesn't bother me that Peyton Manning won.

Manning played awful, the only reason they won, is because Denver played good enough to where Manning could play awful and still win. Comparing Peyton's game to Brady's game last year is flat out silly. If Brady played that way for the pats last year we would have lost by 20 points.

Manning played awful, the only reason they won, is because Denver played good enough to where Manning could play awful and still win. Comparing Peyton's game to Brady's game last year is flat out silly. If Brady played that way for the pats last year we would have lost by 20 points.

Not comparing, was just saying. Already acknowledged the Broncos D numerous times too.

Manning didn't do anything to cost them the game. Read post above

Back