Why's Everyone so Down on Welker?

NSPatsFan

I'm disrespectful to dirt.
Reaction score
I'm Down From Canada and they think I'm slow Eh?
I don't know, maybe I'm just basing this on what little I've seen of the guy, but to my mind he seems to be a solid returner and a half decent WR. In the wake of Miami's brain melting at the draft I've heard a lot of negative stuff about this guy and I'm just wondering if there's a reason for it.

I mean, I'm not sayin the guy is gonna be a hall of famer or anything, but I think he's got talent and will do even better with Brady throwing to him.

:huh: :shrug:

Did I miss something? Who's down on Welker?

I had no idea people were down on him.

:shrug:

He's great on 3rd downs and special teams. Perfect fit here.

If you're referring to Miami fans, they're down on Welker 'cause he's a Patriot.

Miami obviously thought he was so valuable they wasted the #9 pick trying to replace him.

I see Welker as a Troy Brown type. He'll be a slot receiver, maybe the third guy in, and will convert for 1st downs and also work on returns. Nothing more, nothing less. A solid acquisition.

NSPatsFan on 04-30-2007 at 11:23 AM said:
I don't know, maybe I'm just basing this on what little I've seen of the guy, but to my mind he seems to be a solid returner and a half decent WR. In the wake of Miami's brain melting at the draft I've heard a lot of negative stuff about this guy and I'm just wondering if there's a reason for it.

I mean, I'm not sayin the guy is gonna be a hall of famer or anything, but I think he's got talent and will do even better with Brady throwing to him.
has dashoe inhabited your body or something? sheesh, NSPF

I was high on Welker before he was a Patriot. I was high on Welker before we signed Stallworth. I was high on Welker before we traded for Moss. Now that both things have happened?

I'm even higher on Welker.

Moss and Stallworth are going to open things up for a guy like Welker. Welker is going to have an absolute FIELD DAY with those guys out on the field with him.

Watson and Thomas should also be dancing happy circles that Moss and Stallworth are going to be drawing traffic away from their space.

Maroney must be laughing and giddy realizing that 8-in-the-box isn't a wise move for DCs anymore either.

NSPatsFan on 04-30-2007 at 11:23 AM said:

he plays balls to the walls... a solid pickup imo for you guys

If can play FOR us as well as he played AGAINST us he will prove to be a solid pick-up. I'm happy we won't be seeing him in Miami twice a year anymore.

Welker might be the best 3rd reciever in the league....(not counting tight ends)

IF and that's IF Moss plays anywhere near his potention, Welker and everybody else who will be in the slot just became more effective with the double or triple coverage Moss will draw most plays. Welker, Watson, Stallworth and all the others should get a lot of single coverage or be able to find seams in the defense to break wide open if Moss can deliver.

I am down on him because I never liked the name Wes too much.

I think kyle brady is going to be very effective too, a TE like that and Faulk during max protection means Tom can have all day for a WR to get open. Although I don't know if Tom will be able to see over kyle to hit Moss.

I think Welker gets a bad rep because his stats aren't mindblowing or anything to shake a stick at. But WR stats are sort of pointless without considering who was tossing to him and what plays were being called.

Back