Wickersham’s Book

She knows that and posted it purposefully. It's her daily snark meant only to irritate normal people.
What I've seen at Patsfans is a lot of the same kind of bitching and moaning Mazz does here. It's as if they are all smarter than Belichick.
There are some good posters for sure but to get to them there's a lot wading through snakes.

The thing is that she seems to love being the center of attention. She gets tons of replies and tons of posts directed at her (I'm guilty of it), and it seems to fill her ego quite nicely (even though it's mostly negative, but that clearly doesn't seem to matter). In Patsfans she is one in the bunch. There are a ton of "like-minded" people over there and she would get lost in the shuffle.

Meanwhile here she has all the attention as she holds the troll-crown here in a way more mellow and way more knowledgeable platform. Hell, she even got a board to herself and it still isn't enough to calm her obsession to leak over to the main board.

I've honestly never recall encountering a female troll before, so maybe a case study is in order.

good...i don't want any more obsessive playerfans. playerfans have their side forum.i get people making some comments in other threads here and there.but obsession and worship belongs in the subforum. period. no one i know of here thinks bb is infallible. but when someone bats %90, you give them the benefit of the doubt more on their decisions. he's done stuff i hated,like bringing in ab, haynesworth that worked out poorly. there's things i hated that he did that worked out well (dillon,moss). if i can see reasoning behind things, i give him the benefit of the doubt. doesn't mean i think he's never wrong.

good...i don't want any more obsessive playerfans. playerfans have their side forum.i get people making some comments in other threads here and there.but obsession and worship belongs in the subforum. period. no one i know of here thinks bb is infallible. but when someone bats %90, you give them the benefit of the doubt more on their decisions. he's done stuff i hated,like bringing in ab, haynesworth that worked out poorly. there's things i hated that he did that worked out well (dillon,moss). if i can see reasoning behind things, i give him the benefit of the doubt. doesn't mean i think he's never wrong.

It's a tough profession, because even the best guys in the business, HCs, GMs or the few that have done both always have a certain percentage of dismal failures. Guys that didn't work out, cap issues and, most importantly, long stretches of bad football with losses mounting up and jobs on the line.

There is no effective way to grade these guys, but my subjective take is that the best of them might hit on 70% of their decisions. I have Bill at about 85%. Imperfect, sure, but the
best in the business.

If someone chooses to look at Bill's 2nd round busts, for instance, or a few FAs that didn't work out then, to me, that's part of the 15% he didn't get right. While yelling and
screaming can be lots of cathartic fun you have to take a look around to see the big picture. It's somewhat worse everywhere else, because football judgement is an imperfect art
and armchair critics are generally clueless.

I've learned that when Bill makes a move, a lot of times it makes no sense initially and people gripe about it (HE DID WHAT????) , then gradually information becomes known that mitigates
the decision (Hmmmm.....I didn't know any of that) and over the course of time when the initial flap has been long forgotten you can look back at the overall benefits with an assurance that Bill '
works in mysterious ways but he knows what he's doing (Yeah, Rodney was better than MIlloy for half the money. Cue the duck boats.).

There are literally a hundred examples that are similar. The world watches with a short attention span, but Bill is usually able to see and anticipate the long-term issues long after the guys who
worried about what people were saying about them are trying to get a TV analyst job. See: Mangini, Eric.

It's a tough profession, because even the best guys in the business, HCs, GMs or the few that have done both always have a certain percentage of dismal failures. Guys that didn't work out, cap issues and, most importantly, long stretches of bad football with losses mounting up and jobs on the line.

There is no effective way to grade these guys, but my subjective take is that the best of them might hit on 70% of their decisions. I have Bill at about 85%. Imperfect, sure, but the
best in the business.

If someone chooses to look at Bill's 2nd round busts, for instance, or a few FAs that didn't work out then, to me, that's part of the 15% he didn't get right. While yelling and
screaming can be lots of cathartic fun you have to take a look around to see the big picture. It's somewhat worse everywhere else, because football judgement is an imperfect art
and armchair critics are generally clueless.

I've learned that when Bill makes a move, a lot of times it makes no sense initially and people gripe about it (HE DID WHAT????) , then gradually information becomes known that mitigates
the decision (Hmmmm.....I didn't know any of that) and over the course of time when the initial flap has been long forgotten you can look back at the overall benefits with an assurance that Bill '
works in mysterious ways but he knows what he's doing (Yeah, Rodney was better than MIlloy for half the money. Cue the duck boats.).

There are literally a hundred examples that are similar. The world watches with a short attention span, but Bill is usually able to see and anticipate the long-term issues long after the guys who
worried about what people were saying about them are trying to get a TV analyst job. See: Mangini, Eric.
This is a really solid post/take. You have always been balanced in your view of Bill over the years, calling him out on his poor drafts and other team building moves while also pointing out some of his more savvy moves that can get lost in the fray of "what did he just do?"

To be clear, my issues with Bill go back to 2015/2016 timeframe. I would rate him as one of the best GMs in football from 2000-2015. Our team has literally fallen apart the last several years due to the poor drafting and Bill's inability to replace key players like Edelman, Gronk, AH, Jones, Flowers, etc. I truly believe his philosophy of building a team comprised of mid-tier players is antiquated and not one that will work in today's NFL. And to be clear, this was happening when Brady was still here.

Bill is still drafting big RBs (Stevenson) and big LBs (Bentley) while the rest of the league is going athletic and faster. If you watch that Tampa game it was right there to see. Brady was not pressured all night. He was sacked once and rarely knocked off his spot. On the scramble play for the first down which was a key play in the game, it was Van Noy lumbering over to tackle him and whiffing knocking our other player out of the way from tackling Brady short. Fournette ran all over our team because our Dline gets pushed around and our LBs are old and slow. I am not sure if I have seen a Pats team this slow in the front 7. It's not like Fournette is a speed back yet he made it to the second and third levels of our D most of the night.

Now contrast that with Tampa. As beat up as their secondary was, we never really took advantage because their speed up front was too much for most of the game. Tyron, their first round pick may have taken JPPs job from him, was flying around disrupting the entire flow of the Oline along with Vita Vea who is just a freak in the middle. Then they have White and David who are probably the two best LBs on the field flying around too. A big reason why Tampa is 3-1 is not just the play of Brady as great as he has been to start the season, but the play of their front 7 to cover for their hobbled secondary. We had 6 rush attempts for -1 yards. That's dominant.

That is how our defense used to be. What I hope Bill does this offseason is ships off Hightower, Van Noy, McCourty, and Slater. We need to get younger and faster at those spots. He also needs to close the book on Trent Brown and probably Wynn too who looks terrible. It is time for a true rebuild. Sell off the vets and infuse the team with young talent.

Patsfans is calling you. There are plenty of people over there who hate BB and love TB12. You'd fit right in and wouldn't even miss a beat.
Think of all the new friends you'll meet over there. It's a match made in heaven.
He is right. Just click the link and everything will be aaaallllll better. Warm and toasty in your new digs. Come on Mazz, just try it over there. All the smart kids hang out there. What? Are you NOT a smart kid? Go ahead. The first hit... errr... I mean the first post is on me. FREE. I promise you will like it. It is just one little click...

To be clear, my issues with Bill go back to 2015/2016 timeframe. I would rate him as one of the best GMs in football from 2000-2015. Our team has literally fallen apart the last several years due to the poor drafting and Bill's inability to replace key players like Edelman, Gronk, AH, Jones, Flowers, etc. I truly believe his philosophy of building a team comprised of mid-tier players is antiquated and not one that will work in today's NFL. And to be clear, this was happening when Brady was still here.
Are you insane????

Super Bowl 53Feb. 3, 2019Patriots 13, Rams 3
Super Bowl 52Feb. 4, 2018Eagles 41, Patriots 33
Super Bowl 51Feb. 5, 2017Patriots 34, Falcons 28
Super Bowl 49Feb. 1, 2015Patriots 28, Seahawks 24

XLIXFeb. 1, 2015University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Ariz.)New England 28, Seattle 24
50Feb. 7, 2016Levi's Stadium (Santa Clara, Calif.)Denver 24, Carolina 10
LIFeb. 5, 2017NRG Stadium (Houston)New England 34, Atlanta 28
LIIFeb. 4, 2018U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis)Philadelphia 41, New England 33
LIIIFeb. 3, 2019Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta)New England 13, Los Angeles Rams 3
LIVFeb. 2, 2020Hard Rock Stadium (Miami)Kansas City 31, San Francisco 20
LVFeb. 7, 2021Raymond James Stadium (Tampa, Fla.)Tampa Bay 31, Kansas City 9

2015 superbowl win
2017 superbowl win
2018 superbowl loss
2019 superbowl win

Yeah BB is a horrible coach the worst

~Dee~

Are you insane????

Super Bowl 53Feb. 3, 2019Patriots 13, Rams 3
Super Bowl 52Feb. 4, 2018Eagles 41, Patriots 33
Super Bowl 51Feb. 5, 2017Patriots 34, Falcons 28
Super Bowl 49Feb. 1, 2015Patriots 28, Seahawks 24

XLIXFeb. 1, 2015University of Phoenix Stadium (Glendale, Ariz.)New England 28, Seattle 24
50Feb. 7, 2016Levi's Stadium (Santa Clara, Calif.)Denver 24, Carolina 10
LIFeb. 5, 2017NRG Stadium (Houston)New England 34, Atlanta 28
LIIFeb. 4, 2018U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis)Philadelphia 41, New England 33
LIIIFeb. 3, 2019Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Atlanta)New England 13, Los Angeles Rams 3
LIVFeb. 2, 2020Hard Rock Stadium (Miami)Kansas City 31, San Francisco 20
LVFeb. 7, 2021Raymond James Stadium (Tampa, Fla.)Tampa Bay 31, Kansas City 9

2015 superbowl win
2017 superbowl win
2018 superbowl loss
2019 superbowl win

Yeah BB is a horrible coach the worst

~Dee~

Great (or at least not Mazzerific) minds.....

Can you imagine what other fan bases would give to get Bill Belichick to be their HC/GM?

I mean, how many YEARS of first round drafts picks?

I bet the Lions would give 6 years or more if they could dragBB away from the Pats.

And we have Mazz, Riv, Midgar8784 and some Michigan fan dude in Indiana...

He is right. Just click the link and everything will be aaaallllll better. Warm and toasty in your new digs. Come on Mazz, just try it over there. All the smart kids hang out there. What? Are you NOT a smart kid? Go ahead. The first hit... errr... I mean the first post is on me. FREE. I promise you will like it. It is just one little click...

She's already there...

Can you imagine what other fan bases would give to get Bill Belichick to be their HC/GM?

I mean, how many YEARS of first round drafts picks?

I bet the Lions would give 6 years or more if they could dragBB away from the Pats.

And we have Mazz, Riv, Midgar8784 and some Michigan fan dude in Indiana...
LOL. You think other fanbases want a roster that looks like ours?

The Patriots went to three Super Bowls, winning 2 without Chandler "Naked on the lawn of the FPD" Jones. They won in 2016 without Rob Gronkowski, because he was shockingly hurt.

The only player possibly bigger than the Team in the last 5 years is Tom Brady, in which they couldn't have won without him, but I'd argue they would have won with Average Replacement QB in 2018-19.

All your griping doesn't match the results.

Last edited:
Patsfans is calling you. There are plenty of people over there who hate BB and love TB12. You'd fit right in and wouldn't even miss a beat.
Think of all the new friends you'll meet over there. It's a match made in heaven.
Those people are creepy. God knows how many Brady posters they have on their basement walls.

Brady could murder their whole
family and they would be ok with it.

Back