Wickersham’s Book

Roberto71

Reaction score
Get ready. Some early excerpts here. This is going to dominate the airwaves for a while I’m afraid.

I've already been told to expect truthful revelations about Brady, Kraft and Belichick from the book based on things that actually happened.
That Kraft and Belichick did all they could to appease Brady.
None of them are perfect. All acted imperfectly at times. That their relationship lasted as long as it did is miraculous.
Anxious anticipation.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to it. I don't expect folks to work together for 20 years and remain amicable for the entire duration, let alone in such high-profile, highly scrutinized positions.

At the 2008 league meetings, Belichick and then-New York Jets head coach Eric Mangini nearly had a fistfight. After a dinner for head coaches, Julie Mangini, wife of Eric, bumped into Belichick and said hi, trying to ease tension after the post-Spygate fallout. Belichick blew her off, and when she told Eric what had happened, he charged across the room and needed to be held back by other coaches from swinging at Belichick. "Hey Bill, f--- you!" Mangini yelled.

:ROFLMAO:

This would explain why Jimmy was offered on a silver platter to Kyle Shanny.

• After Spygate and during U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter's inquiry into whether the Patriots had videotaped the St. Louis Rams' walk-through practice before Super Bowl XXXVI, former Rams coach Mike Martz said he believed that New England had also videotaped the Rams practices during the week. "I'd like to hang Belichick by the nuts," he told a confidant.
  • During Spygate, then-Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan backed Belichick and told Goodell that he wished he had videotaped signals and was disappointed for not thinking of the cheating methods himself. Goodell had called coaches and executives trying to learn more about New England's videotaping practices. Nearly all of them wanted Belichick severely punished -- except Shanahan. "You can't say that Bill Belichick is a bad guy," Shanahan told Goodell. "Bill is just better at it than most are."

This is so horrible on Bill's part. To not meet with Brady at the end in person is just absurd given all they accomplished together.

In the end, Tom Brady just wanted to say goodbye -- in person -- to his longtime coach. But according to a new book to be published next month, Bill Belichick said he wasn't available and insisted the two New England Patriots legends talk on the phone.

I knew you’d pick up on that Mazz.

But you also cannot ignore that Bill and Kraft both wanted Brady to stay, did what they could but Tom clearly wanted out.

You keep levelling the accusation that the Patriots let him walk and now look foolish. But it seems ok Tommy made the decision he wanted to get away and try something new.

Apparently Kraft can't stand Bill. This quote is explosive.

"As for Kraft, in late September, he was in Aspen [Colorado] for a conference and bumped into a few friends in the hotel lobby early one morning. He told them he was leaving later for Detroit, where the Patriots were playing their next game. 'I hate leaving here,' Kraft said. 'You leave here and you leave some of the most brilliant people you've ever met. You pick up so much knowledge from all these brilliant minds. And I have to go to Detroit to be with the biggest f-----ng a--hole in my life -- my head coach.' "

I’m more concerned with the relationship of Kraft and Bill. Well maybe I shouldn’t be concerned, successful people Working together in any organisation is bound to have tensions. You can never look at Bill and Kraft together and think that they’re in any way close.

Pretty scummy of whoever those owners were pestering the NFLPA‘s Smith at Myra Kraft’s funeral about the new deal. Smith wanted to vomit. I’d love to know who they were. The name Jerry and Jones springs to mind of one of them…..

I’m more concerned with the relationship of Kraft and Bill. Well maybe I shouldn’t be concerned, successful people Working together in any organisation is bound to have tensions. You can never look at Bill and Kraft together and think that they’re in any way close.

Pretty scummy of whoever those owners were pestering the NFLPA‘s Smith at Myra Kraft’s funeral about the new deal. Smith wanted to vomit. I’d love to know who they were. The name Jerry and Jones springs to mind of one of them…..
I agree. I wonder if Kraft bringing in all the personnel guys this year was to buffer Bill a bit.

Man. Another Kraft bomb:

"Bill was an idiot savant," Kraft told a confidant, according to the book, alluding to Belichick's reputation before he hired the former Cleveland Browns coach in 2000. "I gave him this opportunity."

Apparently Kraft can't stand Bill. This quote is explosive.

"As for Kraft, in late September, he was in Aspen [Colorado] for a conference and bumped into a few friends in the hotel lobby early one morning. He told them he was leaving later for Detroit, where the Patriots were playing their next game. 'I hate leaving here,' Kraft said. 'You leave here and you leave some of the most brilliant people you've ever met. You pick up so much knowledge from all these brilliant minds. And I have to go to Detroit to be with the biggest f-----ng a--hole in my life -- my head coach.' "
You're a naive one, eh?

ESPN based book. 90% of it will be embellishment and speculation without proper primary sources with names. He won't have sources.
I think it is clear that Wickersham, that little weasel was let behind the curtain as all sides - from Brady to Bill to Kraft wanted to tell their side of the story. This is a must read IMO.

I'm looking forward to it. I don't expect folks to work together for 20 years and remain amicable for the entire duration, let alone in such high-profile, highly scrutinized positions.
Are you for real? You support ESPN and all their lies profiting off of our team? I wouldn't piss on the building in Bristol if it was on fire. They're a disgrace and liars, pushing disinformation like agent orange and his creepy followers.

Pretty eye opening on Brady dealing with his fame that came after winning SB 36.

Brady's adjustment to worldwide fame early in his career was more difficult than he ever let on publicly. Cars would follow him home from work. At one point during the week leading up to the 2002 Super Bowl against the Rams, Brady literally ran from fame. He and some friends decided to hit Bourbon Street in New Orleans, and before they could even enter a bar or restaurant, a crowd formed around him so thick that all of them took off down the sidewalk and ducked into an alley, hiding until the fans had dissipated. "Our life has changed," Brady told his parents after the win over the Rams. "You're gonna change, and I'm gonna change."

I think it is clear that Wickersham, that little weasel was let behind the curtain as all sides - from Brady to Bill to Kraft wanted to tell their side of the story. This is a must read IMO.
There is no way there are direct quotes in that book from BB or Kraft. That's hilarious you believe that and the idea "confidants" of either are running around talking about things behind each's back.

It's fiction.

Back