Wildcard Game. Traveling back to Buffalo

I wanted The Chargers. A west coast team, not a division rival, traveling to a cold-weather stadium. But, the story plays out better if it's this particular division rivalry. Here are the advantages as I see them.

Coaching - Pats. This is a no-brainer.McD is a good coach but he's not the GOAT.
QB - Bills. Sorry, but Mac is a mediocre QB. Only in NE, does anyone think otherwise. Allen brings the intangibles. His arm, his legs and his ability to sacrifice himself.
Offense - Even. NE has the ability to break big runs, Buffalo can hit big passes and as Allen goes, the offense goes with him. Both teams are inconsistent. For the Bills, that means play-calling. Daboll has not gotten past calling ridiculous plays at ridiculous times.
Defense - Even. These are two top-tier defenses and both will refuse to give in to the other team.
Other - Pats. The Bills have a bad habit of getting in their own head and I think NE will bring more of a "been there" attitude to the first playoff game and will work to take the Bills fans out of the game.

It's going to be a tough, close game. If Buffalo can get to Mac as consistently as they have been getting to QB's the last few weeks and shut down the run as they have done in the latter part of the season, Bills win.
If NE can keep Allen from using his legs and can force him to make errant throws that lead to INT's like he's done more often in the last few weeks and break those big runs, NE wins.

It's a pick 'em game that will have a very close line, I'm sure.
This is a fair observation imo...

I think that Josh Allen has shown that he can still throw in the wind. One thing that I don't think people from outside of Buffalo realize is that he doesn't play real well in shitty weather. With the new stadium being planned, Bill's fans are screaming for a dome because he has not proven that he can play when it's cold and snowy which is surprising considering he played college in Wyoming
And Laramie is windy af...where he played in college.

The rubber match.

Just my opinion but I don't think this game is even close. If it wasn't for the weather in Buffalo the first time around, that game wouldn't have been close either. No way you guys would have won.
Well then you should win easily right?

WAKE UP IT'S GAME DAY!
why not let a fan from the opposing team start the gameday thread? can't be worse than me starting it! 😄
woke up today thinking 31-17 buffalo with pats getting down early, halftime 21-3, then rallying a bit (too) late and buff pulling away.
when the pats are not playing well going into the playoffs, they don't fare well (09,19).

Last edited:
But Tommy already started the Gamete thread and it has 350 posts.

how can i not find it today? 😄 gameday nerves

Relax and enjoy your day and the game, HS. Once you accept we won't win you'll be able to relax. That's a yoga or Sun Tzu tactic or something. It does work for me.

Back