Wildcard Weekend - 1/9 8:15 p.m. ET - Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (CBS)

I get he is dirty and so aren't the Denver thugs. Miller's WWE move on the Colts guy was easily worthy of suspension and nothing and he has history too. Talib who also has a history does an eye poke and gets a game. And what about Suh who stepped on Rodgers leg last year and got his one game over turned? I could care less really about this Bengals thug LB but why aren't other repeating dirty guys getting 3 games?
Suh was incident free for a period of time that wiped the slate clean. the asshattery last season was treated as a 1st offense. but yeah he is a star and likely given the star treatment by Ol' Rog, Dwayne and Re-run.

Repeat Offender.

that means he has continued to act the fool and make hits beyond the acceptable levels of the NFL. Like it or not the Hit where Burfict kneed Ben to the head is a good enough reason to suspend him, add in the hit to Brown and the fact he continuously makes these plays and it is three games.

Just be happy he didn't more likely than not know about what an asshat he is.

this is why 3 games

I'm not trying to defend Burfict, and he acted like a complete asshat that whole game. But a 3 game suspension?

When Joey Porter and Mike Munchak MIGHT get a fine? When Ryan Shazier will get nothing? When Cam Heyward will get nothing? When James Harrison will get nothing?

That's some high quality :BS:

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Yep. Loser teams blame the refs which is why they lose every year. Excuses every year instead of making improvements.

Except on this board. We get two different threads of that nonsense. :coffee:

Yep. Loser teams blame the refs which is why they lose every year. Excuses every year instead of making improvements.

So, are you condoning shitty refs? Do you just accept atrocious calls? Corrupt shenanigans?

There is a fine line...

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

I'm not trying to defend Burfict, and he acted like a complete asshat that whole game. But a 3 game suspension?

When Joey Porter and Mike Munchak MIGHT get a fine? When Ryan Shazier will get nothing? When Cam Heyward will get nothing? When James Harrison will get nothing?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

NFL and consistency are not on the same page...hell, they're not in the same library.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

NFL and consistency are not on the same page...hell, they're not in the same library.

Out of rep but +1

It's embarrassing. The fact that I haven't heard anyone out of the Bengals camp: coaches, players, or fans bring up that back breaking fumble speaks volumes. How can you allow the Steelers to have 30 free yards of conduct penalties instead of making them earn it? Instead, we hear refs this refs that and excuse after excuse.

If I'm a Bengals fan, here's what I'm mad about: all the Bengals had to do was run into the pile 3 times. THREE!!!!!! Make the Steelers use their time outs, then punt, and pin them as deep as possible without getting too greedy. At least make them earn it.

The excuses and finger pointing in the wrong direction are amazing. I have a head ache. It makes me appreciate the Patriots even more.

Don't forget Big Bang Clock...

And the fact that Burfict was also caught on tape kneeing Ben's shoulder after he sacked him.
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bZQHKX0-ZqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So, are you condoning shitty refs? Do you just accept atrocious calls? Corrupt shenanigans?

There is a fine line...

Crap calls happen all the time. Refs are human. If you sit back after a game like that as a Bengal player and honestly think the refs cost you that game and not ridiculous fumble, and an offense that was non-existent for 3 quarters, and boneheaded penalties at the end than I don't know what to say. But it does speak to the culture of losing teams.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

After a 31-day period with no incidents, the slate is wiped clean.

So on day 32 you can go back to being an asshat. Gotcha. The NFL is freaking unbelievable.

Yes and it's based on past PF's and illegal hits, he's got something like 14 of them in like 60 (80?) games. The guy is a head hunter and you could see he was out to injure someone against Pittsburgh. I don't know if you saw it but he put a hit on a Raven player that was illegal as hell.

Look, I'm all about rivalries and such but there's no place in football for that kind of thuggery, he and Asshat Jones are of the same mold and get what they deserve when it comes down to punishment from the league.

I have no issue with three games, they come in big and appeal it down to 1 game.

I expect the issue of the coaches will be addressed the week after the Stillers get the boot from the playoffs.

BUT
Why has the NFL not addressed the use of PED's on Green Bay based on the ManninHGH report?

Crap calls happen all the time. Refs are human. If you sit back after a game like that as a Bengal player and honestly think the refs cost you that game and not ridiculous fumble, and an offense that was non-existent for 3 quarters, and boneheaded penalties at the end than I don't know what to say. But it does speak to the culture of losing teams.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

So on day 32 you can go back to being an asshat. Gotcha. The NFL is freaking unbelievable.

I would blame Marvin Lewis for not being the leader of his team...but, if the refs really did fvck the game up for them (like they did for the Pats/donkos game)...I would partially blame the refs, yes.

Just as I would blame the Ravens/Colts/Roger Goodell for Deflategate. I certainly wouldn't blame BB/Brady for it.

:coffee:

I have no issue with three games, they come in big and appeal it down to 1 game.

I expect the issue of the coaches will be addressed the week after the Stillers get the boot from the playoffs.

BUT
Why has the NFL not addressed the use of PED's on Green Bay based on the ManninHGH report?

Oh come on!

What league would stomp on the collective dicks of their own on the eve of a playoff game or potential Championship?

Nevermind....

BUT

Good one but you forgot the coffee guy.
ROFL

It's too bad Brady didn't stomp on someone's head instead of POSSIBLY HAVING GENERAL AWARENESS that something MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED to footballs.

Back