Wildcard Weekend - 1/9 8:15 p.m. ET - Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (CBS)

Do the Bengals have andy dalton or is he still injured? If he is injured I'd reckon Cin has a chance to win.

You heard me, Dalton and playoffs don't mix well.

Do the Bengals have andy dalton or is he still injured? If he is injured I'd reckon Cin has a chance to win.

You heard me, Dalton and playoffs don't mix well.

He was ruled out yesterday. McCarron Is getting the start

This game has no clear favorite in my view. Both have good offenses although McCarron hurts the Bengals in terms of play choices. Fair or not, he'll be managed far more than Dalton would be. Defense goes to the Bengals only bc the Steelers' secondary is so weak and AJGreene is just the guy to take advantage of it.

The weather forecast on Saturday night calls for rain. Irrelevant historical baggage is moving the line for this game by a couple points against the Bengals. Even without Dalton, the Bengals' deep throwing strength matches up with the Steelers' weak secondary. On the other side, the Bengals have been clearly the best team this year at stopping the deep passes the Steelers love to throw. Add in a potential Mike Tomlin head-scratching strategic misstep, an ill-timed Ben int (2 in each of his last 3 games) and I call it a tossup. But if the Bengals finally get Marvin Lewis his first playoff victory and if Dalton can return at close to full strength, the Bengals instantly become more dangerous for their next game.

The betting public leans heavily toward Pittsburgh but the vegas sharp bettors are coming in 50-50 on this game. That's how close they think it is. Me? I'm not betting this one.

I'm rooting for the Steelers, the Pats could use a soft team (winner of KC and Texans) next week to warm up on. I also think they're the best bet to beat the Broncos and saddle Manning with his 10th one and done, as he'll struggle to take advantage of their soft secondary, and their Defense has been exposed of late. So for now, Go Steelers!

I won't call KC a soft team. The strength of that team is the defense .

pitt cincy has the same ref who let that last game get out of control (parry). AWESOME JOB, NFL! !!

pitt cincy has the same ref who let that last game get out of control (parry). AWESOME JOB, NFL! !!

It's the black & blue division. Parry is for more black and blue. Makes sense to me.

They've both beaten Denver this season. KC losing Maclin hurts them.
I'd still rather have Pitt go to Denver.

Stay classy pittsburgh!

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

:shrug:

Cincy has as good a defense as KC with a better offense. They're the more dangerous team.

Plus, I think Pitt has a better shot of taking out Denver and giving the Pats a chance to host the AFCCG.

I would tend to agree with you, but pitt looks awful right now and the denver d is no joke either. Kc being in the same division, i feel, has a better shot

But it's an all star crew this time and Troy Vincent told both teams to cut it out

That should do the trick

Is it just me or are the amount of commercial breaks even more ridiculous in the playoffs?

I didn't see any of the earlier game. Did the Chiefs just pound them, or did the Texans make a ton of mistakes?

Back