Wildcard Weekend Thread

Oswlek

Reaction score
Figured it was time to start one of these and I also had a point that didn't fit in anywhere else.

I can't shake the feeling that Philly is going to blow out Green Bay.

Figured it was time to start one of these and I also had a point that didn't fit in anywhere else.

any given sunday

Hope your right.

Should the Pats make the SB a healthier B squad worries me more than any other squad.

Any reason Os or just a gut feeling?

Am listening to pregame and Woody who has gotten all chatty and shit since he's become a JESTER is saying they will pass more tonight.
And get this...TOM JACKSON of all people is saying ENOUGH ALREADY with the excuses...Manning has to play & produce with who he's got. Period.

I have a good feeling that Seattle is going to beat the Saints. Even though the Saints have been doing BB-like preparation for the game (wet, cold ball, the blaring of crowd nose throughout Drew Brees' day, etc), the 12th man is going to show up and make his presence known. Seattle have been better at home, regardless of their schedule. If their defense can force Brees into mistakes, which, judging by Brees' turnover ratio shouldn't be too difficult, then they'll be in good shape IMO.

I don't see the Jets winning tonight as some people say. It's very true that both teams aren't nearly as good as they were last year, but a Peyton Manning at his most decent shouldn't have too hard a time against that defense. He will probably stay away from Cromartie to prevent any flashbacks of his days as a Charger, just in case. But we'll see, can't wait.

Any reason Os or just a gut feeling?

Am listening to pregame and Woody who has gotten all chatty and shit since he's become a JESTER is saying they will pass more tonight.
And get this...TOM JACKSON of all people is saying ENOUGH ALREADY with the excuses...Manning has to play & produce with who he's got. Period.

Gut + everyone going Green Bay despite GB being inconsistent and unreliable all season + people seemingly forgetting how explosive Philly's offense was all year + Philly's defense being a lot better with a healthy Samuel.

The "OH NOOO!!! MANNING HAS TOO MANY INJURIES!!!" has really gotten out of hand. Tamme is playing better than any TE NE had between Fauria and 2010. Garcon is a douche, but he was the expected #2 or #3 receiving coming into the season, depending on Collie.

Yes, Indy is playing with quite a few guys who haven't had multiple seasons to marinate in the system, but that is status quo for most other QBs. If you need every offensive player to be an elite vet in your system, how does that reflect anything but poorly on you? I'm reminded of the arguments I used to get into with Bledsoe backers who would complain about the lack of WRs, the lousy blocking and RBs. My canned response was, "what QB wouldn't be good with excellent receivers, great blocking and a strong running game?"

FTR, My point about "reflecting poorly" is more directed at those who want to polish Manning's knob and will find any reason to explain away a bad game. He is a great QB and can stand on his own without all the hyperbole.

Gut + everyone going Green Bay despite GB being inconsistent and unreliable all season + people seemingly forgetting how explosive Philly's offense was all year + Philly's defense being a lot better with a healthy Samuel.

The "OH NOOO!!! MANNING HAS TOO MANY INJURIES!!!" has really gotten out of hand. Tamme is playing better than any TE NE had between Fauria and 2010. Garcon is a douche, but he was the expected #2 or #3 receiving coming into the season, depending on Collie.

Yes, Indy is playing with quite a few guys who haven't had multiple seasons to marinate in the system, but that is status quo for most other QBs. If you need every offensive player to be an elite vet in your system, how does that reflect anything but poorly on you? I'm reminded of the arguments I used to get into with Bledsoe backers who would complain about the lack of WRs, the lousy blocking and RBs. My canned response was, "what QB wouldn't be good with excellent receivers, great blocking and a strong running game?"

FTR, My point about "reflecting poorly" is more directed at those who want to polish Manning's knob and will find any reason to explain away a bad game. He is a great QB and can stand on his own without all the hyperbole.

I think earlier in the year, it wasn't the "needing an elite vet", it was just a matter of consistency. The lineup was changing every week and just when one guy would come in, another one would drop. One thing about PMoney is he is a huge practice and repetition guy. I think he could make (and has) made some scrubs look pro-bowl like if he has had the time to work with them. Having said all that, the offense is about as healthy as they can get. They have everyone back that isn't IRed. If Garcon, Tamme, and Blair White don't drop the freaking balls (looking at you especially Garcon), I am pretty confident in the offense.

The real problem is the defense. The secondary is just decimated. I mean they are playing backups to backups to backups to backups. Now, Kelvin Hayden isn't coming back. If Sanchez gets anything going, the Colts are going to have a loooooooong day.

Also, the special teams ABSOLUTELY CANNOT give up a punt or kick return TD.

I think earlier in the year, it wasn't the "needing an elite vet", it was just a matter of consistency. The lineup was changing every week and just when one guy would come in, another one would drop. One thing about PMoney is he is a huge practice and repetition guy. I think he could make (and has) made some scrubs look pro-bowl like if he has had the time to work with them. Having said all that, the offense is about as healthy as they can get. They have everyone back that isn't IRed. If Garcon, Tamme, and Blair White don't drop the freaking balls (looking at you especially Garcon), I am pretty confident in the offense.

The real problem is the defense. The secondary is just decimated. I mean they are playing backups to backups to backups to backups. Now, Kelvin Hayden isn't coming back. If Sanchez gets anything going, the Colts are going to have a loooooooong day.

Also, the special teams ABSOLUTELY CANNOT give up a punt or kick return TD.

Indy's special teams completely blow, so I can definitely see a long return.

Also, I hope Philly wins in a blowout. I am sick of hearing about the greatness of Aaron Rodgers :rolleyes:

Really? Aaron Rodgers is at least a likeable guy.

It's not like there won't be any Vick ballwashing if they do beat the Pack.

:rolleyes:
Posted via Mobile Device

Reid has a great record in game 1 of the playoffs too IIRC.
That said, Vick has been trending down performance wise which may not doom them but it certainly isn't a good sign. While GB hasn't been an elite team I think their offense can keep up with Philly's and their D is pretty good. Think they will have Cullen Jenkins back for limited snaps as well.
It's also worth thinking about the fact that the playoffs are a different ballgame and Vick hasn't played in that atmosphere since 04.

Personally ill be rooting for Kansas this weekend,

Cassel, Weis, Crennel, Pioli - the whole Pats connection

although it will be a tough game for them. they've had a good season, hopefully for them it wont end so soon.

& ofc for our own Chiefsgal:toast:

<<
>>

I think the Packers are going to win handily.

Go Chiefs ! Go (ugh vomit) Colts !

<<
>>

I think the Packers are going to win handily.

Go Chiefs ! Go (ugh vomit) Colts !

Why do you want the colts to win, I hope the jets beat them by 50. I want the jets in foxboro next week.

Home teams usually win two thirds of WC round games. This year vegas is pushing the road teams. The road teams are either favored or within three points in all four games. Footballoutsiders agrees. All four road teams are in FO top ten but only philly is ranked that high as a home team. I'll still be rooting for the home teams though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back